Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Lmao singing take me higher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Arikado posted:

I can't believe it. I can't loving believe it.

I want to kiss Corey Seager on the mouth.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Lmao singing take me higher

Hahahah it’s beautiful

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

ranmgers

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Tenkaris posted:

He better not show up at the rangers parade, he was at the astros home games. gently caress him

He already got on Twitter jumping your bandwagon once y'all beat the Astros. The man has no shame, he'll be there.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

ProperCauldron posted:

i also remember thinking "Whaaaaa.." when Seagar signed with them, it seemed like such a weird choice. Like they weren't a winning ball club, and he was trading winning for money.

Shinjobi posted:

Popete posted:

Rangers what the hell is going on? I mean props for spending money but uh you lost 102 games last year.
Ownership recognized the team was so bad that the new stadium appeal would not work for another season.

I could see the team being competitive in 2023 if a ton broke right.

Edit: I might listen to a radio broadcast of a game again, that's amazing.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Dameius posted:

He already got on Twitter jumping your bandwagon once y'all beat the Astros. The man has no shame, he'll be there.

:cry:

He really doesn't have any shame, ugh

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

everyone read these replies

https://twitter.com/TalkinBaseball_/status/1600936532755435521

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

holy loving poo poo, I CALLED something?@!??!?:shepface:

buy a lottery ticket, jesus christ

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Is this ok, everyone? Are we celebrating too much/too little? Please advise.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Popete posted:

It's pretty funny how everyone (myself included) just wrote the Rangers off even coming into this season. They seemed completely uncompetitve but kept signing big contracts and then well, it worked out.

I'm in awe of Bruce Bochy too. I knew about EYBS but I never really understood the amount of success he's had until this WS. The commentators mentioned his first spring training talk to the team, he said I'm not coming out of retirement to lose, we're ready to win now. That's badass

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Lmao

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Tenkaris posted:

:cry:

He really doesn't have any shame, ugh

You know what to do. Make sure you bring enough for everyone around you in the crowd.

simble
May 11, 2004

ggs rangers. Let's hope the dbacks don't make it 22 years between appearances again. I hope it is never time for Paul Sewald to pitch again.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

DOOMocrat posted:

Is this ok, everyone? Are we celebrating too much/too little? Please advise.

https://x.com/astros/status/1708611774914654272?s=20

Once more, I'd like to politely, formally say this dude can go gently caress himself

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe
do NOT let big papi babysit your children

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Semien's kids rule lmao

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Shinjobi posted:

https://x.com/astros/status/1708611774914654272?s=20

Once more, I'd like to politely, formally say this dude can go gently caress himself

why are you thinking about the astros right now just enjoy yourself

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

eat poo poo ted cruz

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

FBS posted:

eat poo poo ted cruz

:emptyquote:

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Intruder posted:

I assure you, redemption on this subject is incredibly enjoyable.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Intruder posted:

they get one post, and only because I was sent down memory lane with other posts

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Shinjobi posted:

My heart goes out to DBacks fans, though I know how hollow that sounds. At no point did I think yall were cooked. Not once.

It was a mind-blowing hot streak that was fun to watch. No regrets, good job sneks. Thank you Corbin Carroll for all the tacos.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
Can you take me higher
To a place where umps can see
Can you take me higher
Rangers win the world series

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Scruffy the janitor posted:

Can you take me higher
To a place where umps can see
Can you take me higher
Rangers win the world series

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

FBS posted:

eat poo poo ted cruz

Something we can all agree on.

Dukberry
Nov 5, 2013

What are the weird things people say after their team wins? Flags fly forever? Shout 'scoreboard'? I don't know how to express myself I hope there's a chant that will get me through the come down from this high

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Dukberry posted:

What are the weird things people say after their team wins? Flags fly forever? Shout 'scoreboard'? I don't know how to express myself I hope there's a chant that will get me through the come down from this high

kobe? do we say kobe now????

Dukberry
Nov 5, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

kobe? do we say kobe now????

Maybe 'for Ray Davis'?

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
I remember attending a game when I was 10 years old in 1989 at old Arlington Stadium. We were walking back to our car in the parking lot after the game when suddenly a bunch of kids around and ahead of me started running forward excitedly. My brother and I didn't know what was happening but from the excitement we could immediately tell it was something cool so we joined them. We found that one of the Rangers players had seen all the kids walking and wanted to stop his car and sign autographs for us.

It was Nolan Ryan. It was his first year with the club, his wife was sitting next to him in the passenger seat. He could've ignored us and kept driving home or go out for a late dinner, but he wanted to do something nice for us. He stayed there for awhile signing autographs for over 50 kids and made sure he'd gotten everyone that wanted one before driving away. I didn't have any of his ballcards with me, but that day the giveaway item for the game was a batting glove that he signed on the wrist velcro strap for me.

I kept that glove for seven years and lost it when my house burned down when I was 17 years old. Of all the childhood things I lost in the smoke and flames, that glove is the one thing I mourned losing the most. If I still had it when I reached adulthood, I would have had it framed with a signed baseball and a picture of Nolan and it'd be hanging on my wall right now.

My Rangers...the first pro sports team I ever rooted for. And the last one I got to see win a championship. Sports is all gravy for me now for the rest of my life.

43 years old....and it was 100% worth the wait :unsmith:

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

I wore my lucky beltre shirt

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Kirios posted:

Astros fans threw a can at Cruz I fully expect you to one up us on that.

Get this guy to do it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
God bless it the 2011 team can fuckin relax. Nelson Cruz, I release you. Adrian Beltre, I pat your head. Elvis Andrus, you were always a good dude. Neftali Feliz, I'm sorry. You were so goddamn close. Josh Hamilton, despite all the good and the bad you will always be a hero to me for trying in extra innings.

We're all free now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yYS0ZZdsnA

Dukberry
Nov 5, 2013

I watched the 2011 clip about 30 mins ago. The pain truly is healed

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

I never have to think about David Cone ever again.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Dukberry posted:

I watched the 2011 clip about 30 mins ago. The pain truly is healed

In addition to Shinjobi's list, I also forgive Darren Oliver and Ron Washington.

...I think we'll all need to collectively huddle and decide if we can forgive David Freese as well, tho.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Wash was fine, he won one with the Braves. I'll grant ya Oliver.

I'm sleeping in a fuckin jersey tonight

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Ragnarok the Red posted:

...I think we'll all need to collectively huddle and decide if we can forgive David Freese as well, tho.

Lmao no, gently caress him

Dukberry
Nov 5, 2013

I cannot imagine sleeping, my head is vibrating off my neck.

The World Champion Texas Rangers are real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

blarzgh posted:

Lmao no, gently caress him