Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
r o u g h g o I n g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
"And once again" lmao

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
this was cool to witness

i vividly remember watching 2011, seeing both one-strike-away at bats while i was working in manhattan. What a horrible way to lose. Can't believe there have been the same # of ASoIaF books this whole time, drat.

i also remember thinking "Whaaaaa.." when Seagar signed with them, it seemed like such a weird choice. Like they weren't a winning ball club, and he was trading winning for money.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Popete posted:

It's pretty funny how everyone (myself included) just wrote the Rangers off even coming into this season. They seemed completely uncompetitve but kept signing big contracts and then well, it worked out.

I'm in awe of Bruce Bochy too. I knew about EYBS but I never really understood the amount of success he's had until this WS. The commentators mentioned his first spring training talk to the team, he said I'm not coming out of retirement to lose, we're ready to win now. That's badass