Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

blight rhino posted:

That's ~Just Grandma Things~
in my family.

And she'd always try to be so discreet. So badly. lol. RIP, love you.

Grandma, when have we ever shook hands? It was like a bad drug handoff.
Or just trying to shove money in my pocket.
Bless her heart. She was a good lady.

Lol that’s really sweet :unsmith:

~just Grandpa Things~

*Dies of rear end cancer*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Spends all day on the porch listening to intercepted phonecalls with a receiver set, complains that the government is part of a conspiracy to spy on people.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Shoe horns

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Fartington Butts posted:

Wheat germ and fish oil pills

Folks of any age can benefit from these things, friend.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Screaming out the N word every time a black person is on the tv.

Not letting my mother have any Protestant friends (not Belfast during the Troubles, 1970s Lowell, MA)

hosed up by Korean War, pulls strings with buddies on draft board to keep sons out of Vietnam

Loses legs to diabetes because he won’t give up beers and fried clams

Dies one day before my first birthday, this setting a pall over it forever

Pff
Aug 17, 2012
Still driving. Car has a new mark every time you see it. Has a cute story about how he bribed his way to a full license. JGT

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Tearing up trash into the smallest possible pieces, in order to fit as much trash as possible in a trash bag.

Tijuana-A-Go-Go
Aug 2, 2019

Doggles Aficionado

Getting angry about mixed-race couples in commercials

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

Qu’elle soit extra ou ordinaire
Chaque vie finit d'la même manière
C'est la seule justice sur la Terre
Tous égaux dans le cimetière

Killingyouguy! posted:

yelling incomprehensibly at racist poo poo while hosting Hockey Night in Canada

~just grandpa things~

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

telling my parents they'll never babysit
making my family stay home on christmas because I was sick a week ago
telling a cousin that I shouldn't be living with my gf before marriage
neglecting all like 11 grandkids to give all attention to the firstborn boy

my grandparents sucked poo poo and I'm glad they're dead

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Be waited on hand and foot by your mother and then your wife and live 85 years without ever learning to look after yourself. When your wife is in hospital, pester your daughter every day with questions like "how often should I change underwear"

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

blight rhino posted:

where's our home grown grandpas? I know we have to have more than a few.

I want facts from the source.

Tbh that's what I was expecting when I clicked this thread, because my grandpa has been dead since before I was born so I can't properly contribute

blight rhino posted:

That's ~Just Grandma Things~
in my family.

And she'd always try to be so discreet. So badly. lol. RIP, love you.

Or just trying to shove money in my pocket.
Bless her heart. She was a good lady.

:agreed: I remember going over to my grandma's place hoping that she'd give me a $20 this time, because she gave me anywhere between $1 and $20 but it was impossible to know in advance

git apologist posted:

working outside all day and coming in reeking of underarm sweat and thereby creating pleasant connotations of that smell for the rest of my life (that was the other granddad)

When I went off to college & went to my first few parties, I remember thinking "why does it smell like my great-grandfather in here? :raise: " and it definitely took me longer than it should have to put together that I literally never saw him without a beer whenever I visited him & my great-grandmother

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

YeahTubaMike posted:

:agreed: I remember going over to my grandma's place hoping that she'd give me a $20 this time, because she gave me anywhere between $1 and $20 but it was impossible to know in advance

Your grandmother understood gambling psychology and wanted to foster an addiction to visiting grandma :3:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

blight rhino posted:

Fuckin hell, that's a blast from the past

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Killingyouguy! posted:

Your grandmother understood gambling psychology and wanted to foster an addiction to visiting grandma :3:

Lol

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Killingyouguy! posted:

Having pets and a super cool son who had a shitload of video games and letting me drink soda & WHOLE milk (my mom only ever had skim) wasn't enough bribery for her liking

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Tijuana-A-Go-Go posted:

Getting angry about mixed-race couples in commercials

Nick DiPaulo Things

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Grandpa loved to drink, so for one of his birthdays Dad got him this giant oversized bottle of Seagrams 7, his goto drink.

He finished it in short order, but I'll always remember him cursing while trying to pour this giant bottle without spilling.

My family kept the empty bottle for a long time to keep change in. I wonder where it is now....

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Weird prejudice against Italian food

~Just Grandpa Things~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

dying to no fanfare