Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
News:

Views:

Get your new av here, Pats fans:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Mmm, turkey.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Go Lions

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Mahomes and Herbert should each be handed submachine guns and legally be allowed to mow down their entire receiving corps if they feel like it.

Just…oof

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Classic MVS moment tonight.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

wandler20 posted:

Classic MVS moment tonight.

moments

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

for the next two days the Ravens are the #1 seed baby

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Rough loss for the Vikings, but really all you can do is try to learn from it and move on. Last time the Vikings played the Bears it proved to be the bounceback to a five-game run. This time... well, straight into the bye week, but God knows they need that.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Mahomes continues to be unreal, delivering two dimes on passes his WRs let him down on

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

AndrewP posted:

I need someone to explain to me how this is bad for the Ravens. Someone get Kawa in here now!

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Nervous posted:

I need someone to explain to me how this is bad for the Ravens. Someone get Kawa in here now!

no need, I got you:

We won't be the 1 seed for long. We'll actually be lucky to get the wildcard. The Chargers will probably beat us, we'll be rusty coming off the bye and then probably lose out.

capncthulhu
Oct 4, 2021
I have real doubts about KC winning in Vegas.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I'm just amazed at the sheer number of Chiefs receivers who cannot receive.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

AndrewP posted:

isnt it 3 days? dolphins dont play until friday

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I'm just amazed at the sheer number of Chiefs receivers who cannot receive.

there was one pass that hit a receiver dead in the hands on a crossing route, but also it was technically slightly behind the receiver. and i just started thinking about how if it was a different qb, they'd say 'well you have to catch that' 'it hit him in the hands' but then shortly after it would be 'it was slightly behind - you gotta lead your receivers' and 'if he's better on that throw, its a touchdown'

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
The dropped touchdown lol, Mahomes dropped it into his hands from 50 yards away and just nope

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I didn’t get to watch the last half of MNF.

How let down by his receivers was ‘ole Mahomes?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Not sure if I am being whooshed or not but just in case: this play to MVS did not result in a touchdown or even a catch. The nearest defender was like 30 yards behind him. It was however the purestrain distilled essence of The MVS Experience. Like it was Stevie Johnson angrily tweeting at God bad

e: apparently the defender was closer than I remembered but he was not a factor at all in the play. It was all MVS' stonehands/stonebrain

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Nov 21, 2023

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

This is the lead video on ESPN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqDb2890DG0

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

this pass was a fifty-yard dart to the five yard line and a slam dunk game winner

except it was not caught

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

on the one hand, that is a brutal drop

on the other hand

shell coverage has changed this man

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Docjowles posted:

Not sure if I am being whooshed

You were not being wooshed, my friend. My question was sincere because I checked the box score and assumed either Mahomes left the game or there were some aggravating drops.

And by job, from what all of you have posted about MVS, that is an aggravating drop.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Alaois posted:

on the other hand

Was the int Mahomes’ fault or was it a fluke deflected bobble thing?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Was the int Mahomes’ fault or was it a fluke deflected bobble thing?

it was a beautiful pass directly to Kevin Byard in the endzone

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Toaster Beef posted:

this pass was a fifty-yard dart to the five yard line and a slam dunk game winner

except it was not caught

It was not a game winner. Eagles would have had 1:30 left down by 3 with all their timeouts. Like, it would have been a lot better if MVS caught it but the Eagles still would have had a good chance to tie or win.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

You were not being wooshed, my friend. My question was sincere because I checked the box score and assumed either Mahomes left the game or there were some aggravating drops.

:respek:

Alaois posted:

it was a beautiful pass directly to Kevin Byard in the endzone

Yeah this one was a rare Baker Mayfield tier brain fart from Mahomes. Instead of leading Justin Watson and putting it where only his guy could get it he just kind of threw it straight to the defender

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Chiefs draft Marvin Harrison Jr. Do it. Mahomes has earned this.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Chiefs draft Marvin Harrison Jr. Do it. Mahomes has earned this.

There’d be, at minimum, 6-8 teams willing to top whatever trade offer which would facilitate that.

The Chiefs would be blocked from trading up almost immediately.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Gonz posted:

There’d be, at minimum, 6-8 teams willing to top whatever trade offer which would facilitate that.

The Chiefs would be blocked from trading up almost immediately.

What if Andy Reid covertly arranges for Harrison to be filmed wearing a gas mask filled with smoke from a delicious BBQ pit. What did you think I meant???. He could fall!

Also the Eagles were allowed to get Jalen Carter somehow because of character concerns :shrug:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

xposting

https://twitter.com/BengalYouTube/status/1726800064847413691?t=

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Its kind of a good offseason for wide receivers at least (guess how I know already?) - before the typical re-signings begin anyway. Chiefs could just chuck money at Pittman Jnr and Evans and make a real crack at another ring or two over the next two to three.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Alaois posted:

on the other hand

Lmao don't you dare suggest the eagles pass defense could ever negatively impact an opposing teams offense.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Zach Wilson remains the lone blemish on the Eagles perfect season. As it were.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

For what abominable reason did you choose to post the weekly schedule in PST?

Here's the schedule in God's True Time Zone:

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Kloaked00 posted:

For what abominable reason did you choose to post the weekly schedule in PST?

Here's the schedule in God's True Time Zone:

God Is apparently dead but thanks for the thought. I was really confused why a Vegas game would be an early game.

Edit: Oh hey it finally works!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Carolina vs Tennessee might be even more abominable of a game than Carolina vs Chicago was, though that game had the "advantage" of being on Thursday night

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Miami as 10.5 pt favorites on the road against a division rival with a tough defense is a mistake. i dont care who is playing QB

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It was not a game winner. Eagles would have had 1:30 left down by 3 with all their timeouts. Like, it would have been a lot better if MVS caught it but the Eagles still would have had a good chance to tie or win.

You're not wrong, but my assertion that it would have been a game winner is based around the fact that I wouldn't have trusted the Eagles to make it all the way down the field to tie or take the lead, especially after giving up such a back breaker. Thankfully we'll never know, though right after the Eagles scored their last TD I believe I posted in the GDT something to the effect of "elliott misses the game-tying field goal as time expires, eagles lose 24-21" and I absolutely could see the game ending that way.

I have ... so many questions and concerns about the playcalling. It's so, so bad, and I don't understand it one iota. At one point last night we threw like five WR screens in a row, including one to noted WW2 vet Julio Jones. And then there's the whole 'we're an incredible running team but just actively ignore that entire side of things for 80% of any given game' thing, which is made only more galling by the fact that Hurts is clearly not himself and could use the protection of a steady and powerful running game. Dallas can't stop the run. Watch us roll into their stadium in a few weeks with a 3:1 pass/run ratio and get dunked on.

I know it's a trope at this point that Eagles fans in here are bitching endlessly about the shaky and troubling performance of their 9-1 team, but nobody who has watched all 10 of these games would be able to say with a straight face that yes, this looks like a 9-1 team. They're immensely talented and if they bring it all together they're world-beaters, but things are r o u g h right now and I think it's a testament to a) the aforementioned talent and b) insane luck that they aren't sitting slightly over .500.

Toaster Beef fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Nov 21, 2023

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/steelers/status/1726959024816652461

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Huh. I honestly thought Tomlin was going down with the ship.

I mean he probably still is, Kenny Pickett still kinda sucks.