Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Wow, Canada has one bad game and he gets sacked. Loyalty is dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Toaster Beef posted:

I know it's a trope at this point that Eagles fans in here are bitching endlessly about the shaky and troubling performance of their 9-1 team, but nobody who has watched all 10 of these games would be able to say with a straight face that yes, this looks like a 9-1 team. They're immensely talented and if they bring it all together they're world-beaters, but things are r o u g h right now and I think it's a testament to a) the aforementioned talent and b) insane luck that they aren't sitting slightly over .500.

I can say with a straight face that yes, this looks like a 9-1 team. You beat the Dolphins, Cowboys and the Chiefs in Arrowhead, you're doing something right.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

MJeff posted:

Huh. I honestly thought Tomlin was going down with the ship.

I mean he probably still is, Kenny Pickett still kinda sucks.

I think Pickett is ok. It's hard to judge him when the playcalling constantly puts him in 3rd and long. I can see him being a Tua type player who will click in his 3rd year (not as good though).

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

YES

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Black Lighter posted:

I can say with a straight face that yes, this looks like a 9-1 team. You beat the Dolphins, Cowboys and the Chiefs in Arrowhead, you're doing something right.

having watched the game last night, i can see to an extent where eagles fans are coming from, but every good team this year is either banged up or has obvious deficiencies. no reason to think this eagles team isn't a strong favorite for going back to the sb

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Thank christ

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Not sure what the cap is looking like for Kansas City but it would be funny if they sniped tee Higgins out from under Cincy

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

There were like 3 coaches in a row for the Browns who got fired immediately after losing to the Steelers. But now they're firing coaches after losing to the Browns! What a world.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Black Lighter posted:

a) they didn't play the dolphins and cowboys in arrowhead, that's just silly, you're just silly

b) Out of those three games, the Dolphins win is the only one that didn't come down to either the Eagles' opponents shooting themselves in the foot (Dak running out of bounds a fraction of an inch early to miss the two-point conversion, MVS dropping what probably would have been the game-winning pass last night) or the Eagles having the remarkable luck of not paying too dearly for their mistakes (three recovered fumbles against Dallas, IIRC, shitloads of dropped passes for KC receivers last night). I will absolutely agree that there's something to be said for being in the position to win those games regardless of how you ultimately get over the finish line — you need to be very, very good to run with those teams — but the Dallas and KC games could very easily have gone the other way. And that's to say nothing of how they barely squeaked by the Patriots, the Commanders (twice), and arguably the Vikings (who were, at that time, Just Bad).

Look, 9-1 is 9-1 and between Miami, Dallas, and now Kansas City they've won three games where I expected them to drop at least two, so that's loving fantastic. I'm stoked about it, don't get me wrong. But even in last night's GDT I remember someone saying "Wow this Eagles defense is garbage" and an Eagles fan saying "Yeah, we've been saying exactly that all season, but when we bring it up we get yelled at for saying the sky is falling with an 8-1 team."

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
POWER RANKINGS TYPES OF SEASON BY FAN ENJOYMENT FACTOR

1.) Championship season, average or below-average expectations
2.) Championship season, franchise's first
3.) Championship season, above-average expectations
4.) Make playoffs and win 1+ games, average or below-average expectations
5.) Championship season, mid-dynasty run
6.) Make playoffs but first-round exit, average or below-average expectations
7.) Make playoffs and win 1+ games, above-average expectations
8.) Miss playoffs, promising rebuild season
9.) Make playoffs but first-round exit, above-average expectations
10.) Miss playoffs, tanking team
11.) Miss playoffs, discouraging rebuild season
12.) Miss playoffs, stagnant-feeling team
13.) Miss playoffs, above-average expectations

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
We've seen what happens when teams think they are "just a QB away" - they go out and sign a stopgap like Case Keenum or Old Rodgers and end up disappointed.

Who is the WR version of that kind of stopgap? Looking at next year's WR free agents, I think it's either Beckham or Tyler Boyd. Hollywood Brown might be a good fit. I assume they won't have cap space for Evans.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Championship, franchise first goes #1

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

solarjetman posted:

We've seen what happens when teams think they are "just a QB away" - they go out and sign a stopgap like Case Keenum or Old Rodgers and end up disappointed.

Who is the WR version of that kind of stopgap? Looking at next year's WR free agents, I think it's either Beckham or Tyler Boyd. Hollywood Brown might be a good fit. I assume they won't have cap space for Evans.

I think any WR that actually sees free agency probably qualifies. All of the top guys are either with the teams that drafted them or acquired via expensive trades.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Haha gently caress you chefs

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

is matt canada the first OC fired when the team is 6-4? probably not. but i started this thinking they were 7-4 and don't want to stop now. who was it?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Parallax posted:

having watched the game last night, i can see to an extent where eagles fans are coming from, but every good team this year is either banged up or has obvious deficiencies. no reason to think this eagles team isn't a strong favorite for going back to the sb

I think last night just reinforced that there's not a truly elite team in the league this year. Every top team has serious flaws that can be exploited, and playoff success is going to come down to who fucks up less in the end. While I wouldn't be shocked if the SB ends up being a rematch of last year's, I also wouldn't be that shocked if it ended up being something like *pulls names out of a hat* Atlanta/Houston

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
It's also a particularly fun year because the serious flaw of the Ravens, Dolphins, Cowboys and kind of Eagles and Chiefs is "will just randomly shoot themselves in the dick for no reason"

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Cavauro posted:

is matt canada the first OC fired when the team is 6-4? probably not. but i started this thinking they were 7-4 and don't want to stop now. who was it?
Ravens were 9-4 when they fired Cam Cameron.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Diva Cupcake posted:

Ravens were 9-4 when they fired Cam Cameron.

And it made them significantly better, too

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Tomlin and Harbaugh are of the same ilk, stubbornly loyal to a fault. The calls for Canada’s firing, much like Greg Roman, probably made Tomlin keep him around too long because gently caress you.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

tarbrush posted:

It's also a particularly fun year because the serious flaw of the Ravens, Dolphins, Cowboys and kind of Eagles and Chiefs is "will just randomly shoot themselves in the dick for no reason"

:hmmyes:

AndrewP posted:

Tomlin and Harbaugh are of the same ilk, stubbornly loyal to a fault. The calls for Canada’s firing, much like Greg Roman, probably made Tomlin keep him around too long because gently caress you.

That wouldn't surprise me tbh

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Cavauro posted:

I believe the Ravens fired theirs at 8-3 and then won the super bowl so prepare for 1000 years of Steeler dominance :negative:

E: 9-4 I guess

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Scuttlebutt from Steelers fans I know is that Canada was an ownership choice and that was the reason he stuck around beyond his welcome

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Sunday Ticket getting the Black Friday treatment:

quote:

YouTube and YouTube TV announced a special NFL Sunday Ticket deal for Black Friday today.

With this deal, you can get NFL Sunday Ticket for as little as $22.25 a month for the rest of the season.

For our YouTube TV members with a Base Plan monthly subscription:

NFL Sunday Ticket add-on will be : Four payments of $22.25/mo, or $89 for the remainder of the regular season
NFL Sunday Ticket and NFL RedZone together will be: Four payments of $27.25/mo, or $109 for the remainder of the regular season
For Primetime Channels users:

Standalone NFL Sunday Ticket will be: Four payments of $34.75/mo, or $139 for the remainder of the regular season
NFL Sunday Ticket and NFL RedZone together will be: Four payments of $39.75/mo, or $159 for the remainder of the regular season

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Alaois posted:

on the one hand, that is a brutal drop

on the other hand

shell coverage has changed this man

This is the story of the last five years. The 2018 Chiefs were an inflection point that basically made defenses get a hell of a lot more creative. The surprising thing is that while run defense has suffered with the two high shell, it’s CLEARLY a worthwhile trade. The explosive passes are just too killer to tolerate.

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

epic bacon posted:

Miami as 10.5 pt favorites on the road against a division rival with a tough defense is a mistake. i dont care who is playing QB

I honestly think that the Jets could be scoreless in this game, and the defense will not be good enough to keep Miami to less than 11 points so it's not a crazy line.

Now that I've said this, watch Boyle go all Mike-White-v-Cinci on the Dolphins in a 31 - 24 boatrace Jets W

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

MikeCrotch posted:

Scuttlebutt from Steelers fans I know is that Canada was an ownership choice and that was the reason he stuck around beyond his welcome

…that seems kind of odd on its face, no? How much face time do the owners get with coordinators?

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
KC fans will be happy to know Gabe Davis will be available next year.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Matt Canada seems a bit like a deckchairs move considering Kenny Pickett is the QB still. It's not scheme or design that he can't complete a pass longer than 10 yards. Or misses poorly on routes.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Harlock posted:

Matt Canada seems a bit like a deckchairs move considering Kenny Pickett is the QB still. It's not scheme or design that he can't complete a pass longer than 10 yards. Or misses poorly on routes.

Shhh, don't tell them that. They just need to give Kenny a few more years and maybe a Daniel Jones contract.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1726977261402824766?s=46

when co-owner bert bell fired himself

even for much of the pre-merger years they never did this

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

This would have been one of the craziest things ever :drat:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

How dare you forget the wonderful contribution of the ref who grew up an eagles fan. Guy busted his rear end for y’all and gets zero recognition?!?

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

wandler20 posted:

Sunday Ticket getting the Black Friday treatment:

fantastic deal. almost as good as the $0 i pay a month in stealing it

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

epic bacon posted:

fantastic deal. almost as good as the $0 i pay a month in stealing it

My streams never work great on my tv. So I end up just laptop’ing it and the streams are pretty good.

There is definitely a point where I’d pay for a high quality streaming service with no buffering, but that black Monday price ain’t it

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Sheldon Richardson apparently tried that spike interception a few years ago. He also wasn't successful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ant1t4kg2ag

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Some dude is going to get it one day and that dude should immediately go to the Hall of Fame.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Vertical Lime posted:

They lost so bad to the Browns that they made history, smh

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Vertical Lime posted:

:lmao:

Also, man is it annoying to have to click "Read More" and have it open a new window and show 3 more words. What a terrible algo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Toaster Beef posted:

Look, 9-1 is 9-1 and between Miami, Dallas, and now Kansas City they've won three games where I expected them to drop at least two, so that's loving fantastic. I'm stoked about it, don't get me wrong. But even in last night's GDT I remember someone saying "Wow this Eagles defense is garbage" and an Eagles fan saying "Yeah, we've been saying exactly that all season, but when we bring it up we get yelled at for saying the sky is falling with an 8-1 team."

So who is the kawa of the eagles