Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snack soul
Jul 6, 2005

nothing beats a super funky open fermentation sour or wild ale

been telling myself i’m going to try brewing a kettle sour for the last year but i’ve been too lazy to get the equipment out for a brew day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snack soul
Jul 6, 2005

lived off of yuengling back in college on the east coast. probably haven’t had it in over a decade, but remember it being decent for a very cheap beer

snack soul
Jul 6, 2005

plenty of breweries producing excellent sours in norcal. not sure i’d call it faddish, and definitely not undrinkable. as for easy to find ones (around here at least), russian river makes some great barrel aged sours

snack soul
Jul 6, 2005

gently caress smoothie sours though. gross fuckin beers that popped off in popularity in the last few years. undrinkable saccharine garbage

snack soul
Jul 6, 2005

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Idk I'm always seeing like watermelon lime sour or poblano avocado sour and frankly just please instead of sourcing locally grown teaberry essence or something just make a gueuze!!

nah how about this instead

snack soul
Jul 6, 2005

mad.radhu posted:

My dad and I bought a home brew store this month, ask me how stupid I feel getting into the retail biz in the age of amazon

that’s cool and i hope it works out for you. our closest LHBS closed a couple years ago thanks to covid

gonna drive a little further out tomorrow to grab some ingredients to brew a saison. got any recipes you’d recommend? not planning to try my luck with open fermentation (yet)

snack soul
Jul 6, 2005

the spaghett (miller + aperol + lemon juice) is pretty decent

snack soul
Jul 6, 2005

stocked up on a couple hundred lbs of base malts to get me through the year. just need to clean the rust off of the grain mill

going to start with a philly sour before i brew the saison. i’ve been wanting to do a kettle sour for a while, but keep getting deterred by the longer sour mashing process. philly seems like a nice compromise for babby’s first sour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snack soul
Jul 6, 2005

having a bīru (japanese for beer)