Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

early covid owned because everyone was afraid of being outside for some reason so I could jog and bike in peace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Regarde Aduck posted:

there's a variant that makes you only able to post in the covid and biosphere threads

that bad huh. i took another booster recently so i should be fine.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

i say swears online posted:

early covid owned because everyone was afraid of being outside for some reason so I could jog and bike in peace

we took walks everyday it was very peaceful

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

my son (first kid) was born like a month after covid happened so it really had no impact on my life, i think the first six months of having a new baby would have had similar levels of stress, misery, and reclusiveness absent the global pandemic. but maybe not... whos to say.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

ArmedZombie posted:

free crazy cloud

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

hate to say it but that's right

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

hello youtube people

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lobster shirt posted:

my son (first kid) was born like a month after covid happened so it really had no impact on my life, i think the first six months of having a new baby would have had similar levels of stress, misery, and reclusiveness absent the global pandemic. but maybe not... whos to say.

besides all the dying people I think kids 4-14 probably got screwed up the most long term. can't wait for the academic papers in 2045

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I got an update from my friend who's overseas working for the g-man

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

called it

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

yeah i do feel lucky that the lockdowns, such as they were, had basically no effect on my son due to him being just a little baby lol. cant imagine how hosed up kids are after missing a year of school, especially with younger kids who can't reasonably be expected to function in a remote environment. like lol how do you have virtual kindergarten?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Homeless Friend posted:

I got an update from my friend who's overseas working for the g-man

lol he lived on a ship. nerd much?

selec
Sep 6, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

yeah i do feel lucky that the lockdowns, such as they were, had basically no effect on my son due to him being just a little baby lol. cant imagine how hosed up kids are after missing a year of school, especially with younger kids who can't reasonably be expected to function in a remote environment. like lol how do you have virtual kindergarten?

just a brand new out of school teacher staring at 20 squares on a laptop screen, each little square containing a variation on the same theme:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feral_child

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lobster shirt posted:

the whole plan was always insane, like if a kid misses first grade that's like 30% of all the school he's ever had, gone

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

lobster shirt posted:

as a doomer i would say the pandemic is the least of our worries but who the gently caress knows. dont wait too long on that disney world trip.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

everybody with items in that ship is terrorism adjacent if not out right a terrorist.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

neoecofascidista class

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

yeah i also got lucky because the kid was 5 during 2020,s old enough to deal with masks, was not yet in kindergarten, and old enough to not miss that early development socialization.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

the whole plan was always insane, like if a kid misses first grade that's like 30% of all the school he's ever had, gone

i learned how to write in cursive. all forgotten now.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

ArmedZombie posted:

free crazy cloud

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

I lost 15lbs during covid because I spent every day running or biking while I was furloughed. I didn't mask outside and everyone gave me a wide berth

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

selec posted:

just a brand new out of school teacher staring at 20 squares on a laptop screen, each little square containing a variation on the same theme:

lmao:

The first boy (1304) was taken by wolves at age 3 and found when 7 or 8 by Benedictine monks, the wolves having cared for him by "surrounding him in cold weather, and fed him the best meat from the hunt." He was later sent to the court of Prince Henry, and became accustomed to human society but said he preferred the wolves.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Lpzie posted:

everybody with items in that ship is terrorism adjacent if not out right a terrorist.

What happened/s to the ship? Is it stuck there by the broken bridge or has it been towed somewhere?

selec
Sep 6, 2003

A wild man in the Pyrenees (1723). He was caught by some hunters but escaped before reintegrating into human society.

i wish that was me

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

the cargo ship reincarnated as a space ship

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

selec posted:

well there are more documented cases of young children growing up with vervet monkeys than I would have guessed

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
the cargo ship is now a permanent tourist destination

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Vox Nihili posted:

well there are more documented cases of young children growing up with vervet monkeys than I would have guessed

you know america really could use an innovative solution to our childcare woes

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the wikipedia article on the feral child genie is insanely depressing and i do not advise reading it

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lobster shirt posted:

the wikipedia article on the feral child genie is insanely depressing and i do not advise reading it

you should read the wikipedia article about vince russo

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

you should read the wikipedia article about vince russo

Russo is an American of Italian descent, as his maternal grandfather was Sicilian.[73]

not so sure about this...

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 25 hours!
Ultra Carp

Vox Nihili posted:

Scientists call it the Vervet underground

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Drs are all one unique case away from going full blown biopsychofascist

selec
Sep 6, 2003

sorry, one last feral child, but this one has a happier ending (wealthy due to bequest from queen of france) but jesus loving christ what a saga. started in wisconsin!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marie-Ang%C3%A9lique_Memmie_Le_Blanc

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

why is there still a covid thread lol. what could they possibly still have to post about

they're having fun

Oracle posted:

that’s loving beautiful but if I showed my husband that I can pretty much guarantee I’d be divorced lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lobster shirt posted:

Russo is an American of Italian descent, as his maternal grandfather was Sicilian.[73]

not so sure about this...

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

tristeham posted:

they're having fun

living life ftw. sucks to be them

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

ram dass in hell posted:

it's the largest failure of government in my lifetime by an order of magnitude lol at just being like well everything is normal now. bitch a million people died. there's a new disease with potentially crippling aftereffects and you specifically hootington, are so steeped in propaganda that you think it's funny. You love making GBS threads on people for being class traitors if they touch a computer for a living, but it's really just you deflecting from the reality that you're a comfortable suburban lib who likes to do extremely lazy low energy leftier-than-thou trolling. you're the class traitor, you're stupid, and even the things you're right about you're right about either by accident or sheer coincidence. I hope you got diarrhea from your gas station sushi.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

tristeham posted:

they're having fun

lol

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
gas stations do sushi now too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selec
Sep 6, 2003

RadiRoot posted: