Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOl4D_QFPRA

this episode of thunder also featured the horace hogan "Will Be Fired If He Loses Four On One Handicap Falls Count Anywhere Texas Death I Quit" Match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selec
Sep 6, 2003

well gently caress. le carre's kid, who also writes books, but is not the writer his father was, has announced he's written a smiley novel. everything's a franchise now. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

aw frig aw dang it posted:

yep. there's a carveout for hollerin' at hoot

He likes it. Rude not to, really

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

selec posted:

have i got a millennial comedian for you

lol

i like that for his wildass timeline he had to have been working at microsoft giving big corporate presentations at like 16

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

don't worry soon everyone will be sick of remembering things and they'll actually destroy anything that reminds them of anything they've ever seen before at any point in their lives.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i am going to destroy the great pyramid of giza because it makes me remember chuds and hell i might even knock the nose off the sphinx too

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

lobster shirt posted:

Russo is an American of Italian descent, as his maternal grandfather was Sicilian.[73]

not so sure about this...

he booked a pair of twins with ss tattoos every chance he got

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i will not look upon ye works and i will not despair

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

SomethingBeautiful posted:

he booked a pair of twins with ss tattoos every chance he got

dixie carter almost sold TNA to the same nazi twins lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
The story of TNA is one of the funniest stories in the history of any business

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Sting, the top wrestler of the company and one of the most recognizable people in the business walking down the ramp to wrestle his opponent at a PPV. Only to learn, to his disgust, its a drugged out Jeff Hardy. Sting quickly pins him and walks out of the building in disgust vocally agreeing with the fans that it was bullshit.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

from the hardy boys? they owns...

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
huge news guys, i saw a really hot weather girl on tv today. durrrrr

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

that's p. cool yo'...

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Smythe posted:

did she show off really big cumulonimbi?

pix or it didn't happen

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

columbonimbus

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Xaris posted:

did she show off really big cumulonimbi?

pix or it didn't happen

cant figure out who it was im hunting the online for evidence / tracing clues

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Willa Rogers posted:

do you remember early on when some studies showed that people who smoked weed or cigs were weirdly immune to catching it?

They were produced by tobacco companiesol

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

aw frig aw dang it posted:

yep. there's a carveout for hollerin' at hoot

don't make the rules, but that's right

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

hooting clown

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOl4D_QFPRA

this episode of thunder also featured the horace hogan "Will Be Fired If He Loses Four On One Handicap Falls Count Anywhere Texas Death I Quit" Match

thunder was the best

I take it the liquid was supposed to hit Nash but they WCWed it?

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Homeless Friend posted:

I got an update from my friend who's overseas working for the g-man

Mods knew

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
4 day weekend starting now. my plan: posting

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

RealityWarCriminal posted:

4 day weekend starting now. my plan: posting

Same

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
4 day probe? :twisted:

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
rip pepe

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

who?

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Smythe posted:

that’s weird I did my first on air weather report today

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Smythe posted:

when I worked in hotels I had to look at alana cameron all shift and it was torture

selec
Sep 6, 2003

weather people are the only people in journalism I don’t bear an enormous grudge against as a matter of principle

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

they're scientists, not journalists, which is way hotter

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

are they

selec
Sep 6, 2003

i say swears online posted:

they're scientists, not journalists, which is way hotter

I think it’s this and a couple other things

1. the top of the funnel for people really into news is just reading a lot of news but we see through many examples how degenerate and deranged becoming an Articlehead will make someone. the News in this way is like a really bad hard drug. you could even end up running a YouTube channel where you just talk to the camera about the news, or effortposting. whereas weather people, following a similar path just end up dudes with lots of weird sensor devices on their van who get excited to go driving when the weather is bad. that’s the terminal state, you end up leaving the house more and engaging further with the natural world.

2. weather is one of the very few categories of information we pay people to give us which is of immediate use to us. very seldom watching the weather do I get pissed and shout “what am I supposed to do about that?!”

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Weatherpeople aren't spin doctors. They give you solid scientific information of immediate use to you. Other TV news people tell you about the events their bosses determined you should know about, in the way their bosses approved, and invite on people to explain the significance whose job is to have the same opinions as their bosses. Nobody's hidden agenda is served by you receiving the information that today will have a high of 53 degrees with a 40 percent chance of rain around 2:30.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

I think you could genuinely improve the state of journalism if you fired everyone except the weather and sports people and then had those two groups train new journalists. it’s arguable that the living breathing home of effective investigative journalism is in sports reporting right now.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

selec posted:

I think you could genuinely improve the state of journalism if you fired everyone except the weather and sports people and then had those two groups train new journalists. it’s arguable that the living breathing home of effective investigative journalism is in sports reporting right now.

it's because sports news doesnt need political control except when the patriots or the eagles are in the superbowl

selec
Sep 6, 2003

that and sports reporters are capable of conceiving of a human who is preternaturally talented in one area and sub-replacement level stupid in others. they are unable to ignore that these people are like this and so have a sense of proportion in ways political reporters do not.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the guy who warns about tornados is a spin doctor

selec
Sep 6, 2003

RealityWarCriminal posted:

the guy who warns about tornados is a spin doctor

I lol’d

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online