Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_RELjHhD2s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

of course trump hasn't shown his true power level yet

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

I think the "new" Twitter puts all blue checks first in the replies, and since those folks are 98% human garbage, it's a guaranteed bad time to look at the replies

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
The whole point of blue checks is they get your replies bubbled up to the top (because you are a "verified" user, ie someone is verified to have a functioning credit card) so all the chuds and dispshits instantly adopted them. There are scripts and apps out there that automatically add bluechecks to your block list whenever you encounter them.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

nobodygetshurt posted:

it's definitely 3D Studio Max. it's what i majored in

Barron strikes me as more of a Poser guy

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Just quit Twitter. I know the clones aren't great, but I promise you won't miss it as much as you think.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
quit all social media. you dont really need any of it to be a functioning adult

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

deoju posted:

Just quit Twitter. I know the clones aren't great, but I promise you won't miss it as much as you think.

Truth. After ditching it just before the takeover I haven’t had the urge to sign up for any of its clones and I am better for it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"check the comments of this twitter post"
My guy the Musk turned it into a walled garden of racist fascists, I ain't signing up to view the screechings of the inbred zoo.

Cheers to the posters who still have accounts that post screenshots though. Legit doing community service dredging up the poo poo

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Obsidianheart posted:

Man, I miss the days I could set people on fire. I was asked to stop when that one guy found out cheap suits melt rather than blaze.

remember what woke took from you

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Junk posted:

quit internet

you first though i need to save some stuff first

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Alan Smithee posted:

quit internet

you first though i need to save some stuff first

not the worst idea tbh

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
nitter is dead, so i've almost quit twitter completely other than goon shared links.

also as non user/account haver, replies arent even displayed so i might actually have a better UX.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Oscar Wild posted:

https://x.com/ndtv/status/1773414099566669938?s=20

Dumbass motherfucker should have just become president. Why not done!

Good.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

PhazonLink posted:

nitter is dead, so i've almost quit twitter completely other than goon shared links.

also as non user/account haver, replies arent even displayed so i might actually have a better UX.

FWIW this still works if you have Chrome
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/old-twitter-layout-2024/jgejdcdoeeabklepnkdbglgccjpdgpmf

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

nobodygetshurt posted:

'meme assassin'

everything on this page is dogshit

lol, talk about pussy in bio

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002
yeah sometimes the person speaking about politics online who's making you angry is a literal 12-year-old child with mental problems or something similar, it's not even uncommon

or a culty boomer who's lived on a diet of propaganda and lead poisoning will see them and be like "yeahea this racist guy's based and not woke! finally i found someone who shares my beliefs"

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

PhazonLink posted:

That is my thought as well. People post a twitter link and go "Look at all that horrible stuff". I don't have a twitter account, so when I click the link I only see the tweet, and not the horrible stuff.

So my user experience is objectively better than somebody who is logged into twitter.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

:lmao:

kazil posted:

lol these people are so paranoid about literally everything

Remember when the Zone was Cool, and people posted about ANTIFA SUPERSOLDIERS in riot gear being transported to protest locations, and a police department took those posts seriously enough to dispatch a police helicopter and look for suspicious transportation arrangements that were going to *checks notes* "kill all white people and small business owners"?

:lol:

Life imitates art :hmbol:

Frank Frank posted:

hmm punishing "rhetoric" sure does sound like a 1st amendment problem there unless it's actual hate speech Greg-o
The thrust of this is probably to punish people for criticizing Israel and not actual ...y'know, Nazi stuff. Else Greg would likely be out of a job.

Has there been an uptick in antisemitism in Texas? How would they even know?

:lol: Abbott banned criticism of Israel in schools, and it wasn't enough so he has to write a whole new thing to double super mega protect Israel, because people haven't been punished enough for their criticisms that specifically call out the governing bodies and decision-making aspects of explicitly the Israeli government with no reflection on the peoples or the nation thereof. :lol:

And the nazis can just talk about hating Jews anyway :lol:

PhazonLink posted:

And additional :laffo:

Whenever I open a twitter link in a private tab to view it, it opens not with x.com, but with twitter.com

:laffo:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Fishmasher posted:

yeah sometimes the person speaking about politics online who's making you angry is a literal 12-year-old child with mental problems or something similar, it's not even uncommon
We even have an entire subforum for them!

Onkel Hedwig posted:

That is my thought as well. People post a twitter link and go "Look at all that horrible stuff". I don't have a twitter account, so when I click the link I only see the tweet, and not the horrible stuff.

So my user experience is objectively better than somebody who is logged into twitter.
Nobody should even have a twitter account at this point. It's really bizarre to hear "it's a total nazi bar but I keep going there". Never log in or use BlueSky at least.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

lol, grats on my city invading Detroit with busloads of illegal basketball players.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

kartikeya posted:

lol, grats on my city invading Detroit with busloads of illegal basketball players.

tbf gonzaga sounds like the bad guys in a NES game

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Bobson Dugnutt (R-TX), Sleve McDichael (R-KS), Shown Furcotte (R-MS), Raul Chamgerlain (R-LA) and Willie Dustice (D-MI)

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

Toxic Mental posted:

Why does no one talk about CRT anymore? my website https://www.stopcrt.com is losing clicks and views daily???? :cry:

They got all the juice they could out of it and moved onto woke and now DEI. It’s all detailed in the Conservative Outrage Roadmap ‘24. Come summer, they’re going to be real pissed about the Cheerio’s Bee, so ‘bee’ on the lookout for it.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Toxic Mental posted:

Why does no one talk about CRT anymore? my website https://www.stopcrt.com is losing clicks and views daily???? :cry:

Not gonna lie, thought this was a page to fight Cathode Ray Tubes.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

kartikeya posted:

Thanks a lot DEI Basketball.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Toxic Mental posted:

Why is it the people who hate CRT are always the LCD?

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice

Junk posted:

The Internet makes you stupid.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

weg posted:

Why is it the people who hate CRT are always the LCD?

Losing Clicks Daily?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'd like to make a general request of the thread: Whomever first sees the TRUMP BIBLE in action, please share a link.

I want to see some holy roller waving it from the pulpit, preaching TRUMP! Or similar. TIA!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

you mean like...filez for the trump bible?

I thought it was public domain since guttenberg

or just a mark who paid 60 buxx

i dont even remember seeing posts from people wearing his shoes just the guy who won it in the raffle

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

How many copies of the piss tape are out there

Makes u think

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
lol

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1773516494376231147

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

Misogyny is a pillar of gop strategy

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Thesaurus posted:

I think the "new" Twitter puts all blue checks first in the replies, and since those folks are 98% human garbage, it's a guaranteed bad time to look at the replies

Yeah I used to look at replies occasionally to try and get a cross section of reactions but now the only reason to ever look at them is if you want to see what the absolute dumbest motherfuckers on the planet think about something.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

you mean like...filez for the trump bible?

I thought it was public domain since guttenberg

or just a mark who paid 60 buxx

i dont even remember seeing posts from people wearing his shoes just the guy who won it in the raffle

No, like waiving it around from the pulpit in church, or otherwise preaching with it.

I want to see the real man of this brave new TRUMP religion.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Alan Smithee posted:

tbf gonzaga sounds like the bad guys in a NES game

I pronounced Gonzaga wrong once and my two coworkers from Washington immediately started verbally abusing me.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
That's just what happens when both Pelosi and Hillary have been detained at Guantanamo and executed by a military tribunal, per Trump's master plan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

OUR 35 YEAR STRATEGY IS AT YEAR 45 AND FAILING?!?!?