Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Edmund Sparkler posted:

The guy who owned the Pats in the 80s had to sell because he took a bath on the Jackson 5 farewell tour, lol.

Thanks for this. As a collector of weird football history, I was not aware of it and really enjoyed looking up the full details.

Also that Cowboys game was sheer brutality. I saw many people posting on social media about how "this doesn't make sense? What's going on?"

No, a team that hasn't lost at home in almost 2 years falling behind there 27-0 in the second quarter of a playoff game doesn't make sense. What's going on is one of the biggest NFL choke jobs of all time.

Jerry Jones hasn't been this upset since his high school was forced to integrate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

redshirt posted:

There's more #Sports on today!

The Steelers of Pittsburgh first face the cowardly Bills of Buffalo.
Tune in fellows, around 16:30 Eastern Time on CBS!

It's important to note that the weather in Orchard Park was so bad they postponed the game... 2 days.

Surprisingly, the weather is still poo poo.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
GO COWBOYS BABY

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

OMFG FURRY posted:

GO COWBOYS BABY

You may wanna sit down for this

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

kristaps por-slingdiiiiiiiiiick

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Michigan has defeated Ohio State!

When it comes to college sports I just root against which state/city/school I hate more.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

we had to choose a side, sports people or anime people, and in GBS we went with the lesser evil

sure you may have to see a cowboy thread from time to time, but point your browser to certain other forums to see the hellish fate averted here, and i guarantee the bitter taste will turn to sweet

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'm just rooting for both teams to have fun out there.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

glad that the Raiders finished with an acceptable record considering the first half of their season was coached by Josh McDaniels

can't wait for the entire team to leave because Mark won't hire the HC that fixed their season to a 8-9 vs. a fuckin like, what, 3 or 4?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

redshirt posted:

I'm just rooting for both teams to have fun out there.

Despite the introduction of NFL Participation trophies some of those guys out there are secretly mad they lost. Its a big scandal

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Saalkin posted:

GO SOONERS!!!
GO SOONERS!!!

GO SOONERS!!!!!

Why did the Sooner go to the bank before the football game?

to get their quarter back :hehe:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Barudak posted:

Despite the introduction of NFL Participation trophies some of those guys out there are secretly mad they lost. Its a big scandal

Goodness. Well if the gloves are off, somehow rooting for a Pittsburgh comeback.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Drunk Nerds posted:

Jerry Jones hasn't been this upset since his high school was forced to integrate.

:lmao:

gently caress the Cowboys.

Also, the Packers are clearly America's Team because they are the only team owned by the American public. :colbert:

Also gently caress Texas.

And Texans.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

redshirt posted:

Goodness. Well if the gloves are off, somehow rooting for a Pittsburgh comeback.

lol I am glad this is happening to Mike Tomlin and his lovely team, maybe the Bills can go lose a 5th Superbowl

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Pennywise the Frown posted:

gently caress the Cowboys.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

lol I am glad this is happening to Mike Tomlin and his lovely team, maybe the Bills can go lose a 5th Superbowl

I just want upsets and chaos.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

redshirt posted:

I just want upsets and chaos.

chaos would be the bills going to the superbowl

also mike tomlin purposely tripped a dude on the ravens and barely got in trouble for it, gently caress that guy

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

lmao the bills just injury destructing

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Philadelphia and Dallas getting embarrassed in the first round of the playoffs feels nice.

The NFC East is done.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
What happened to the Eagles? Did they run out of PEDS this past month?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Eagles play calling is v funny