Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
So Monday was a holiday so all garbage collection gets pushed a day back, but doesn't that just mean that they gotta work on a Saturday because they didn't work Monday so really it isn't like they actually get a day off?

Or are people who had Friday morning pickups just hosed and gotta wait an extra week?

How does this work???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I put myself in a trash can to be collected to learn this very thing! I am very injured in the truck, please send help

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I'm going to put the OP in a trash can so they can find out first hand.

edit: sorta beaten.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

They just eat the garbage that they've collected and then get on exercise bikes and spin for hours to produce electricity for us. Thank you sirs.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Taking a cue from the Garbage Day video, a process known as Garbage Day has been instituted, whereby every Monday (or Tuesday if Lowtax forgot), Helldump users who have posted at least one thread in Helldump may vote to ban a user and permanently lock them out of helldump. The target must have had at least 10 posts or have made at least one thread in order to be eligible. Voters must provide links to their target's posts proving they meet the criteria, as well as a link to the thread that qualifies them.

The user with the most votes is then banned.

For the first Garbage Day ban, Lowtax attempted to embed a video of the Garbage Day scene in the ban reason, but this unfortunately did not work.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

garbage men live by a strict code of honor and never take days off

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
My town just doubles up Monday’s pickups into Tuesday. I guess that means the garbage guys might have to work a longer day, not sure? My pickup day is usually Tuesday so it usually doesn’t affect me at all, essentially making the problem nonexistent op.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

They just collect garbage extra hard the next day

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

garbage men live by a strict code of honor and never take days off

Then why do I have to put out my garbage on Thursday night instead of Wednesday night SIB?? THIS DOESNT ADD UP

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!
My trash collector solved this problem by getting bought out by a waste management conglomerate in Texas and just not picking up the trash anymore, which saved them a lot of time and money. The local paper suggested residents fill out a complaint with the state attorney general, which I did. Trash pickup was then hit or Miss for about a month, at which point I received a reply letter from the state saying they looked into it and couldn’t do anything about it. lol

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Nooner posted:

So Monday was a holiday so all garbage collection gets pushed a day back, but doesn't that just mean that they gotta work on a Saturday because they didn't work Monday so really it isn't like they actually get a day off?

Or are people who had Friday morning pickups just hosed and gotta wait an extra week?

How does this work???

Not everyone is pushed forward a day, Mondays garbage is balanced across the rest of the week and 5 days of work are done in four.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

My garbage men were working yesterday. They worked New Years Day too. They just fuckin love trash so much, heartwarming really.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Trash collection is all mafia-run anyway. You can’t take a day off when there’s snitches to dispose of.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

AcidCat posted:

My garbage men were working yesterday. They worked New Years Day too. They just fuckin love trash so much, heartwarming really.

yup. its well known that garbagemen do it for tha love of tha game

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

It's garbage can not garbage cannot

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Saalkin posted:

It's garbage can not garbage cannot

the garbagemans creed

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

in my household we let nothing go to waste and never have to roll out the trash, so i don't know op

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Bad Purchase posted:

in my household we let nothing go to waste and never have to roll out the trash, so i don't know op

Been eating my coffee filters. I haven't slept in days

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i even frame my old arby's placemats, you won't find a single scrap in my trashcan. which, yes i do have one, but it's purely decorative.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

the garbage collection companies are contracted for X hours of work. they have the fleet to do far more than that at any given time. its not a huge issue to make up a day, or even a week.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone

Nooner posted:

Then why do I have to put out my garbage on Thursday night instead of Wednesday night SIB?? THIS DOESNT ADD UP

At first I thought SIB was like you were yelling it and that it was short for sibling. This might have been influenced by watching 2 Fast 2 Furious yesterday where they kept ending sentences with "cuz"

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
They don't pick up garbage at my house anymore because I kept stealing the garbage trucks

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
That's a cushy union job OP. The days off work just fine. Oh, to be a garbage man. :allears:

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Larry Cum Free posted:

They don't pick up garbage at my house anymore because I kept stealing the garbage trucks

thats p rude you should just buy your own its not that expensive even

https://www.govdeals.com/garbage-trucks

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

im gonna retrain to drive a garbage truck

gonna be a trash man

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Garbage can at epic rereg guys house just filled to the brim with old credit cards

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Saalkin posted:

Garbage can at epic rereg guys house just filled to the brim with old credit cards

i can't picture epic rereg guy not being a hoarder

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

kntfkr posted:

That's a cushy union job OP. The days off work just fine. Oh, to be a garbage man. :allears:

Iirc, it used to be. Nowadays it pays like $16 with poo poo hours and minimal protections. Because somebody blew up their unions.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Fuckin' Giuliani. Piece of poo poo!!!!

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000
Hey let me ask while we’re talking garbage.

If my garbage can is really full and out at the curb, but I have a full bag that needs to go, is it ok to put that bag in a neighbor’s can that has room?

This assumes their can is already out at the curb, so they’re (presumably) done putting stuff in it.

My GF says no but I think it’s ok. We’re in Texas so she says that’s the kind of dumb poo poo that’ll get you shot.

Would you care?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Yeah that’s a big no no

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
They saved up enough garbage to eat over the last year op

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I would just put the extra bag next to the can.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

kntfkr posted:

i can't picture epic rereg guy not being a hoarder

How many mummified cats you think they have???

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Baxter posted:

My GF says no but I think it’s ok. We’re in Texas so she says that’s the kind of dumb poo poo that’ll get you shot.

Im not in Texas but that absolutely seems like the kind of dumb poo poo that someone would shoot somebody over where I live also. People are weird about their garbage cans

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Baxter posted:

Hey let me ask while we’re talking garbage.

If my garbage can is really full and out at the curb, but I have a full bag that needs to go, is it ok to put that bag in a neighbor’s can that has room?

This assumes their can is already out at the curb, so they’re (presumably) done putting stuff in it.

Would you care?

this is the type of thing that is completely logical when you think about it, but people wouild for sure go ape poo poo over and escalate to lethal force about

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I had some stupid airbnb people dump their trash in my compost bin while it was NOT out on the curb and I shot them and dumped their bodies in the compost bin and now they know what goes in what bin

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Harsh but fair

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I couldn't do any gardening that week because the bin was full. Fuckin airbnb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

I've had people dump trash in my recycling bin while it was on the curb and the trash people refused to dump it and left me a note.

This was in Texas, in a lovely neighborhood in Houston. I didn't catch them so I didn't get to shoot anyone, but I was mostly just glad it wasn't thrown into my yard like normal.