Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I used to listen to so many podcasts. Now I’m down to six; three do short seasons, one only updates once a month, one is This American Life (and I skip it whenever it’s a rerun or the synopsis sounds less “This American Life” and more “This producer with a whimsical name like Houndstooth Cancan stopped taking their antidepressants and now wants to talk for an hour about the failing hospice industry in Yemen”), and the other is LPOTL. Life is much neater now. I can actually pay attention to things!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
avoid the noid, lloyd

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Valko posted:

It took me a while to find a post you made that wasn't in the friday thread.

Dude, I hate your new avatar.

I wanna swing at it with a baseball bat. If I did I don't think there would be blood and teeth flying everywhere - it would be circuitry, sparks and wiring.

The gently caress is that uncanny valley poo poo. It looks like it ate your old party haircut av. It wants to loving eat me too.

It was a gift

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
ive been thinking about starting a podcast. lol itd be more for me than for anyone else. nothing wrong with a void

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

ive been thinking about starting a podcast. lol itd be more for me than for anyone else. nothing wrong with a void

Do you need a cohost

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Valko posted:

Dude, I hate your new avatar.

I wanna swing at it with a baseball bat. If I did I don't think there would be blood and teeth flying everywhere - it would be circuitry, sparks and wiring.

The gently caress is that uncanny valley poo poo. It looks like it ate your old party haircut av. It wants to loving eat me too.

weren’t you banned from discussing goon selfies?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Bad Purchase posted:

:thunk:

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
i’ll start listening to podcasts when i run out of audiobooks

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Bad Purchase posted:

book em, danno

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

LEST I GET MORE "OWNED" FOR BEING "STUPID" I WILL SAY THIS IS CATEGORICALLY UNTRUE. IT IS OFTEN PART OF DIAGNOSIS AND STAGING BUT IS ALMOST USELESS FOR TREATMENT.
2 bears 1 cave, the joe rogan podcast, this past weekend, Matt and shanes secret podcast, C**town, The adam friedland show podcast, Red scare, bad friends, the fighter and the kid..,. if you aren't copping a listen to these, to name a few, you don't have your fingers on the pulse, I'm afraid.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Bad Purchase posted:

That was Mumpy Puffins.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

oh carry on then

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Roman Mars sounds nothing like he does on the 99% Invisible podcast. He is doing kayfabe.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Maudib Arakkis posted:

2 bears 1 cave, the joe rogan podcast, this past weekend, Matt and shanes secret podcast, C**town, The adam friedland show podcast, Red scare, bad friends, the fighter and the kid..,. if you aren't copping a listen to these, to name a few, you don't have your fingers on the pulse, I'm afraid.

This is too many podcasts to listen too (more then 1 is too many) but Joe Rogan? No wonder your so stupid.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Without The Fighter and the Kid, we wouldn't have the video of Chris D'Elia learning that you can save Snapchats, so it at least has that going for it.

(That's all it has going for it)

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

:catstare:

Nov 6, 2002

Maudib Arakkis posted:

Do you eat crayons while you listen to podcasts or just snort them?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

get his rear end

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Original_Z posted:

My favorite podcasts are the leftest ones which are always done by middle-class white people who clearly know what is wrong with the world and how to fix it through nonstop irony that's always funny and never goes overboard into cringeworthy. Make sure to donate to our patreon so we can tour the country on your dime and do some completely necessary live shows! Lol isn't that funny we're just like capitalists, we just want number to go up! Haha, how ironic, no but seriously keep giving us your money our patreon hasn't been growing enough.

Are there any good leftist podcasts? I like Watch Out for Fireballs, but it's more about video games than leftist politics.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

A Strange Aeon posted:

Are there any good leftist podcasts? I like Watch Out for Fireballs, but it's more about video games than leftist politics.

no

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

A Strange Aeon posted:

check the op

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

lol

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

A Strange Aeon posted:

It's not a podcast but Xiu Xiu: The Sent Down Girl is really good.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
I can't get interested in things I like, cause ya know the world is dying

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Maudib Arakkis posted:

Sewage treatment plants have a discernible pulse? Tell me more

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat

Loden Taylor posted:

prior to the debut of one of his operas, Jean Baptiste Lully (1632-1687) reputedly kicked one of his lead singers in the stomach to try to force a miscarriage because he couldn't be bothered to recast the role

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

"Well, there's your problem" did an episode about groverhaus

manero
Jan 30, 2006

I used to work for a podcast hosting company and let me tell you people get really serious about their podcasts, especially when their ad analytics are inexplicably broken for some reason. We hosted some pretty big podcasts and it turns into serious business when people’s livelihood depends on whether the correct midroll ads played.

I’m trying to get to think of some other good stories, but I should be sleeping right now. Once some dude was complaining his episodes weren’t uploading properly and it turns out he was uploading multi-gb audio files that were him talking about some video game for literally 10 hours. Cmon man.

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Mids plz change my name to

mysterious frankie posted:

Houndstooth Cancan

Tia

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

manero posted:

I used to work for a podcast hosting company and let me tell you people get really serious about their podcasts, especially when their ad analytics are inexplicably broken for some reason. We hosted some pretty big podcasts and it turns into serious business when people’s livelihood depends on whether the correct midroll ads played.

I’m trying to get to think of some other good stories, but I should be sleeping right now. Once some dude was complaining his episodes weren’t uploading properly and it turns out he was uploading multi-gb audio files that were him talking about some video game for literally 10 hours. Cmon man.

squarespace, bonobos, or hello fresh

you can only choose one

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

A Strange Aeon posted:

Absolutely not. All "good" podcasts are ultimately trying to entertain you. Political podcasts generally deal with, among other things, the structure of institutions and how they historically and contemporarily relate to the people & environment within their purview. At the moment (meaning all of human history) leftist strains of sociopolitical thought have a lot of bad to say about that subject. As teenagers and the British have taught us, being an exhaustingly smug miserabilist passes for entertainment, and almost all of the well-regarded leftist podcasts I've encountered stick to that model. Compounding the effect, most podcasts are, regardless of how many networks they establish or how much money they beg into their coffers, unprofessional operations run by amateurs with boundary issues; best case, you end up with lovely virtual friends who come round once a week to bitch at you and drain you emotionally; worst case, you end up in a lame online cult of mopes who don't even have a cool evil space emperor to overthrow (unless you get into Posadism).

TLDR: No

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i think the best podcast out there right now is probably Beef and Dairy Network

its very good

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

the revolution is brought to you hello fresh. enter the code "class traitor" at checkout to receive 15% off your order, you bourgeoisie gently caress.

Nov 6, 2002

Yes. All leftist podcasts are miserable fucks who want you to listen along while they doom scroll about the world.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Earwicker posted:

i think the best podcast out there right now is probably Beef and Dairy Network

its very good

That is one of my six! It's a little miracle.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
This podcast also brought to you by Better Help, the mental health app that sells your info to Zuck so he can provide you with depressing content that's tailored to your personal ailments and worries.

Nov 6, 2002

Mozi posted:

squarespace, bonobos, or hello fresh

you can only choose one

Nothing worse than a MANSCAPED® Performance Package 4.0 ad read.

"Lawn Mower 4.0"

"Ball deodorant"

"Anti-chafing lotion"

"Crop Preserver"

"Refreshing Crop Reviver"

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Use code "NORM" for 5% off your next order of Mangrate cast i-ron grilling grates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2XawdY22Ek

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Mack Weldon thinks a guy who listens to podcasts is going to spend $50 on a single pair of underwear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
https://www.traderjoes.com/home/podcast.html

I'm not sure if this is considered a leftist podcast, but they have 70 episodes about Trader Joe's I guess, so it might appeal to the same audience.

One suspects the people who create company podcasts must have an amazing control of their metrics in order to survive layoffs.