Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Chieves posted:

TCU undefeated so far. Weird wakeup sweep of FGCU to start (with some amazing bullpen clownball comebacks), midweek against Texas State, and now absolutely crushing UCLA with a run rule today.

Frogs probably good?

12-0 now. A lot of extra innings and fluky comebacks, but still an excellent record thus far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I feel like this is gonna be another year where we score a billion runs in the regular season and then have a first round exit in the CWS.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Florida has had a weird start. Dropped game 1 then weekend rained out/cancelled. Bounced back against Columbia, split midweek games then took the series from Miami.

Thoughts: bats are good, arms are inconsistent. Either way OSullivan keeps this team competitive every year and Im excited to see how they develop over the next couple months.

Joey Freshwater posted:

I feel like this is gonna be another year where we score a billion runs in the regular season and then have a first round exit in the CWS.

Fingers crossed!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Case in point, Vols hit 6 home runs last night and won 15-5, our 7th double digit runs game in the last 10 games. Our new freshman SS had 3 home runs and 9 RBIS, and came 4ft short of the home run cycle.

Cant wait for the inevitable disappointment.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yall scalping tickets is getting loving ridiculous.

So Tennessee had their SEC Schedule presale yesterday you have to be a donor for access. I am not a donor but I know some and I bought a few through them for the Ole Miss series. $32/pp, reasonable enough.

Today, in the same section, someone is selling tickets for $275/pp. For the LSU game its worse, $335/pp.

This means that someone bought the tickets yesterday and immediately listed them with no intention of actually going to the game, just selling them. Or, at least, putting them up for sale and if someone buys them, great, if not they go to the game (maybe).

I wish the AD would cut down on poo poo like this. They know who bought those tickets, there should be something they can do about it.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Ok Florida might just be bad at baseball this year lol

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

Fingers crossed!!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Fingers crossed!!

lol

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This is neato

https://x.com/vol_sports/status/1767322905497465137?s=46&t=eGtKhFFooZWFwCmcVJDt3Q

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

LeeMajors posted:

I'm still nervous that A&M is only good because we're playing nonconf games (granted we beat Texas) so I'll be interested to see how the series goes this weekend

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

fast cars loose anus posted:

I'm still nervous that A&M is only good because we're playing nonconf games (granted we beat Texas) so I'll be interested to see how the series goes this weekend

Should be interesting! Big bats, inconsistent arms. Cant seem to put away non-cons decisively.

Bummer because the bats seem to be legit. OSullivan gonna have to massage this staff to greatness in a hurry.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Ive got to get some time set aside to actually watch :razorfront: they seem to be having a good time out there.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

tactlessbastard posted:

Ive got to get some time set aside to actually watch :razorfront: they seem to be having a good time out there.

They're not watching the football or basketball teams so anything's a better time than that.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Well, did not expect us to take 2 from LSU this year. I thought being ranked #2 was a little generous to them considering all they lost, but they've still got a lot of great pieces. Maybe we're better than I thought too :v

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

It was a great weekend for the sooners who manage to sweep tcu and start big 12 play 6-0.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Florida is supposed to be good but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't annoyed that A&M immediately started sucking once conference play started again

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

fast cars loose anus posted:

Florida is supposed to be good but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't annoyed that A&M immediately started sucking once conference play started again

Florida has not been good and Im surprised we snuck a series from yall.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

https://x.com/hogsplayerdev/status/1770980076353475067?s=46&t=l3BNUY1tDwZOYN9ilB4yAg

He cant keep getting away with this

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

He will, right up until Hoover and the tourny. You know how this goes, false hope better than no hope or something something.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Its a great day for baseball

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Hell yeah

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

I didn't get to watch any of it because outside in the garden, but Clemson in a double hitter from a Friday rainout mercy rules previously undefeated FSU, then scours 8 in the bottom of the ninth to walk off game two.
I get it's still early, but this has been a strong opening of ACC play.

I secretly hope we blow the sweep Sunday because it's well established fact that baseball team and basketball team can't both win on the same day and I want the sweet 16 more.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Joey Freshwater posted:

It’s a great day for baseball

Doubt

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Didnt end the way we wanted but still had a great time

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Fun thing about baseball is that Arkansas and Auburn can score the same number of runs this weekend but the pigs take 2 wins lol

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

drewhead posted:

I secretly hope we blow the sweep Sunday because it's well established fact that baseball team and basketball team can't both win on the same day and I want the sweet 16 more.

FSU just blew a 9 run lead in two innings. Blake Wright with his second Grand Slam in a comeback in as many games and Tigers by 2, top of the 8th. Wild game so far.

Edit:
Tigers complete the sweep. FSU hits 12 homers on the weekend, gets swept.
Blake Wright had himself a week. 6 HR, 2 Grand Slams, 21 RBIs (5 games).

FSU 4 CU 0 end 1st, final FSU 5 CU 15 (mercy rule in 7)
FSU 8 CU 1 middle 9th, final FSU 8 CU 9
FSU 11 CU 2 middle 6th, final FSU 12 CU 14

Crazy stuff.

drewhead fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Apr 8, 2024

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

lol fsu

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I cant figure out UF. Dropping weird winnable midweeks then win their weekend series. Theres a core of a good team here but the inconsistency is stark.

Always.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/rockytopnow/status/1772767995099533482?s=46&t=eGtKhFFooZWFwCmcVJDt3Q

Whew

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

This was a cool one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEWKJs788OM

Miami SP Ziehl with 15 Ks in a complete game and Miami walks it off B9

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

This OU - Lamar game is nuts. Right now there is a 25mph tailwind and every other batter is getting a home run.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Welp UF just walked us off B9 cause our two best closers couldn't throw a strike to save their lives tonight

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Welp UF just walked us off B9 cause our two best closers couldn't throw a strike to save their lives tonight

Get the gently caress outta here lol

I didnt get to catch the game but yall were up big last I checked.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Extra innings in Fayetteville, relievers are going lights out for both teams.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

Get the gently caress outta here lol

I didnt get to catch the game but yall were up big last I checked.

lmao we did it again, Cags with the 2 run homer B9 to walk it off

That said I am happy we took one on the road and our two losses were super competitive. This squad could actually make some post-season noise if we get hot at the end of the year

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

And now a midweek against Central Ark that started at 11 AM on a Tuesday. Spend most of the game getting no-hit while UCA goes up 7-1. Mount a rally B9 to bring it to 7-6, bases loaded with one out and our two best hitters on deck. Surely we sneak outta this one with a win.

Two Ks in a row

We're snakebit

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Traitorous Leopard posted:

And now a midweek against Central Ark that started at 11 AM on a Tuesday. Spend most of the game getting no-hit while UCA goes up 7-1. Mount a rally B9 to bring it to 7-6, bases loaded with one out and our two best hitters on deck. Surely we sneak outta this one with a win.

Two Ks in a row

We're snakebit

Oof, you played the wrong Arkansas Light. Should have played Arkansas State

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Tennessees offense is working at the same clip as the 2021 team but our pitching is butt

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Lmao the announcer saying Alabama was challenging the call in the Auburn - Tennessee game and the entire stadium started booing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

So Florida had been abysmal in midweek games, but somehow winning their weekend sets.

This week they beat Jacksonville U midweek and things were looking up!

Promptly swept by Mizzou on the road :emo:

Sucks to waste peak Cags on a rebuild year. Hopefully he doesnt like transfer to LSU or some poo poo, but that would be The Way Of UF Athletics if it happens.