Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
2B is an absolute nightmare, but also how does OF have the most players available and somehow it seems like all of them suck?

Post-mortem from my strongest draft take last year: The Sewald/Munoz stack was actually a pretty cool call, go me.

Important links
Statcast - The rawest of stats. Look up info like exit velocity and runner speed in mph.
Fangraphs - Lots of advanced stats that you can customize and export to a spreadsheet. Check out their auction calculator for custom league projections.
Baseball Reference - You can see every batter on one page here and every pitcher here which you can export to CSV.
Closer Monkey - Closer news. Find out who's about to become the next closer.
Baseball Savant Daily Matchups - See which players have good matchups each day
Baseball Press Lineups - See which players are starting or benched before lineups get locked..
MLB.com Spring Training Stats - Find out which players to choose in the first round because they hit 5 HRs in March.
Razzball
FantasyAlarm
Rotoworld
FantasyPros
Pitcher List - The tools you get for paying for PL Pro absolutely slap, highly recommend (I am a staff writer so I'm also biased)
Libre Office - More or less a clone of Microsoft Excel but it's free and works on every OS. Make your winning draft spreadsheet with this.
Fantasy Pitching Calculator - Projects how your ERA & WHIP will change based on future runs/hits. For helping to decide whether to start or bench pitchers on Sunday in H2H

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Made a few offseason trades in my 20-team dynasty league. Essentially I turned Spencer Steer, Logan Allen, and some prospects into Trea Turner and Jarred Kelenic. Still not ready to compete yet but still think 2025 is a good target.

In the middle of a slow draft for a TGFBI satellite league, used the Fangraphs auction calculator and then tinkered with it a bit to get at least some baseline for rankings since I haven't done much prep otherwise. I've made 13 picks so far and been pretty conservative avoiding injury risk or unproven prospects. Might throw it all out the window and try some dart throws soon.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Bregor posted:

In the middle of a slow draft for a TGFBI satellite league, used the Fangraphs auction calculator and then tinkered with it a bit to get at least some baseline for rankings since I haven't done much prep otherwise. I've made 13 picks so far and been pretty conservative avoiding injury risk or unproven prospects. Might throw it all out the window and try some dart throws soon.

I'm doing a TGFBI mock right now with FG auction numbers, and it seems like something is very weird with the pitching values right now, or at least was a week or so ago when I punched the numbers.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Inspector_666 posted:

I'm doing a TGFBI mock right now with FG auction numbers, and it seems like something is very weird with the pitching values right now, or at least was a week or so ago when I punched the numbers.

Oh weird. Which model did you use? I went with ATC and pitching seemed fine but catchers were very overvalued. Had to manually bump it down a bit.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Bregor posted:

Oh weird. Which model did you use? I went with ATC and pitching seemed fine but catchers were very overvalued. Had to manually bump it down a bit.

I also did ATC for pitching, and it seemed to be more or less fine for the top end, but then practically everybody started getting the same $$ amount, and it went into the negatives in a hurry.

I don't mind that much since pitching is generally kind of in an obvious "shape" and you can weight the actual projected stats easier, it was just weird.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I was reading the 2B tier list, and I was thinking, "what do they mean?" when I read Betts, Semien, and Albies. Then, Altuve and I was like, "yeah, he's still good, though". Then watched the list fall off a cliff.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Finally finished my slow draft:

I reached for Contreras at 64 since I was pretty sure he wasn't getting back to 87, but then only Will Smith and Realmuto went in between those picks so who knows. I always second-guess decisions like that, but I really want one of Rutschman, Contreras, or Smith (Rutsch went 52nd) in 15 team 2 C leagues.

SP thins out in a hurry, so even thought it felt like I was early on Musgrove I really didn't want to wait for my SP2. Bradish went the very next pick (whew) and then the group between my Walker/Sonny Gray picks where Bibee, Eury Perez, Justin Steele, and Cole Ragans. I'm happy with how it shook out.

I missed all of my elite-ish middle infield targets but just went with volume and hopefully some amalgam of Edman, Gorman, Tovar, Lux, and Baez shake out to three useful players. If a lot of them hit then I don't mind Lux or Edman in the OF.

And yes I got sucked in by the Manoah BSOHL tweets. Sue me. 24th round felt like a good time for a dart.

According to the last three weeks of Draft Champions ADP, my biggest non-reserve reaches were Alek Thomas, Edman (maybe the wrist injury is scaring people), and Contreras. Biggest bargains were Kyle Harrison, Tovar, and Alex Verdugo, plus all the closers get bumped up in that format due to no FAAB so you can't go shopping for saves in-season.

Anyway it was super fun but very slow even for a slow draft. Next one is my friends' league we've been running since high school. Live draft is in 10 days, I drive up to DC for it every year and it's a blast.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Had my first real draft of the season tonight, one of my Ottoneu leagues early on in it's life, so the calculated values for players were actually pretty accurate. I somehow ended up with too many 1Bs, but overall I'm pretty happy with how it came out. Got another Ottoneu draft on Sunday, then the real Dark Souls begins.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Inspector_666 posted:

too many 1Bs

1B is the one position where I feel like it's very deep in shallow leagues and very thin in deep leagues. In my dynasty I feel like I'm begging other teams for guys like Andrew Vaughn and Ty France and getting nowhere. I traded Steer in a package for Trea Turner and while I'm happy I did, I'm either gonna have to hope one of Busch or Mervis runs away with the job in Chicago or draft an available guy like Ryan Noda, Seth Brown, or Carlos Santana. :smith:

I've always wanted to try an Ottoneu league, but I'm already in four others so not sure I want to add a fifth.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Bregor posted:

1B is the one position where I feel like it's very deep in shallow leagues and very thin in deep leagues. In my dynasty I feel like I'm begging other teams for guys like Andrew Vaughn and Ty France and getting nowhere. I traded Steer in a package for Trea Turner and while I'm happy I did, I'm either gonna have to hope one of Busch or Mervis runs away with the job in Chicago or draft an available guy like Ryan Noda, Seth Brown, or Carlos Santana. :smith:

I've always wanted to try an Ottoneu league, but I'm already in four others so not sure I want to add a fifth.

This is a points league, so I am mostly fine getting the best bats I can and letting the roster sort itself out, my current first basemen are: Josh Naylor, Alec Bohm, Justin Turner, Brandon Drury, Salvador Perez, Anthony Rizzo, Hunter Renfroe, and Josh Bell (obviously several of them have other elig, too) which should be a decent crew regardless of how I gotta cram them into the lineup.

I think Ottoneu is a lot of fun and not as big of a commitment as the tagline makes it sound, the offseason stuff is really broken up into discrete chunks with their own deadlines.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

Anyone bullish on Nolan Jones this year at 1b? I think he could be a 30HR/20SB guy with a full years playing time.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Joining my first competitive league in a few years (was in one last year that only had 6 people, so a lot easier), and found out I have the first pick when we pick next month.

This feels like the most slam-dunk first pick since the years Trout was in his prime.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

How are people doing drafts this year with the early start in Korea? Are people ignoring it or drafting the weekend before?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

General Bullshit posted:

How are people doing drafts this year with the early start in Korea? Are people ignoring it or drafting the weekend before?

The last few times this happened, we drafted right before the North American first game and those stats were applied to the week.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

All my drafts will be done before the Korea series. But in general I think retroactive stats for those games is fine.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

kensei posted:

The last few times this happened, we drafted right before the North American first game and those stats were applied to the week.

I remember one year drafting the weekend after the Japanese series and people were really excited about Yoenis Cespedes.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I've been prepping and mocking for TGFBI so much that it's made 12 team drafts feel abnormally short, it's a good feeling.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Feb 27, 2024

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

BaseballPCHiker posted:

Anyone bullish on Nolan Jones this year at 1b? I think he could be a 30HR/20SB guy with a full years playing time.

I'm keeping him in one of my leagues.

Inspector_666 posted:

I've been prepping and mocking for TGFBI so much that it's made 12 team drafts feel abnormally short, it's a good feeling.

The commish from the winner-take-all that I won last year sent me an invite this morning for a $25 WTA 10 teamer drafting tonight, should be fun... though I have done almost no prep outside of choosing keepers for my other leagues. I have the 8th pick.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

I have the first pick in my 12 team friends and family league :unsmith:

Woke up this morning to news Acuņa has knee irritation :negative:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Welp ^this draft is in the books:

Anticipated getting an SP and one of Albies or Semien at 24/25 but both of them were gone so I just took the best bat left.

Originally I had picked Jhoan Duran and Jarred Duran (not trying to do a bit) in the 7th and 18th respectfully, but another owner wanted them and I needed an SP, so I traded Duran Duran for Iglesias and Shota.

Did not anticipate getting Bellinger but all of my SP targets in that range went before 48/49. Not really enamored with Stott or Santander but they seemed like really good value for those spots. It's a daily moves league and an active one at that, I'm sure half of this team will turn over by Memorial Day.

Guys I have in both leagues so far are Devers, Devin Williams, Aaron Civale, and Gavin Lux. I would start fading those guys if you haven't already because I'm sure some malady is about to hit all of them.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

We live in the bizarro universe where Kris Bryant goes last and Bellinger goes in the first 50.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
I'm a bit scared of this "meniscus irritation" of Acuna's. Anyone fading him from first pick?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

The commish from the winner-take-all that I won last year sent me an invite this morning for a $25 WTA 10 teamer drafting tonight, should be fun... though I have done almost no prep outside of choosing keepers for my other leagues. I have the 8th pick.

Here's ^this draft, my first team for the season drafted on 2/27. I think it went pretty well, I had the 8th pick and felt like I got some good bargains. I'm more used to 12 teams, so drafting a 10 teamer was definitely an adjustment.

Once the wire opened up, I moved Scott and JD to NA slots and picked up Nestor and Mason Miller, and just stashed Kershaw on IL.

Scruffy the janitor posted:

I'm a bit scared of this "meniscus irritation" of Acuna's. Anyone fading him from first pick?

The Braves, doctors, and Acuña himself all seem pretty confident he will be ready for Opening Day. I have the first pick in a $25 league drafting on the 16th, as of right now I'm taking Acuña, but that can change. I'm not really sure who I would take instead of him.

---

Anyone interested in joining a simpsons-themed $20 h2h 12 team 7x7 second year keeper league (keep 5)?

R, HR, RBI, SB, BA, OBP, SLG
K, ERA, WHIP, K/BB, K/9, QS, SV+HLD

Draft is Saturday the 16th at 830pm est on yahoo. League dues through Leaguesafe.

We have 1 manager not returning, so this team is available:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Mar 7, 2024

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I'll play again, depending on when the draft is (Lisa needs Aces)

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

The Pussy Boss posted:

I'll play again, depending on when the draft is (Lisa needs Aces)

Oh nice, hadn't heard back from ya. Draft is Saturday the 16th at 830 pm est.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

I'm in again as Sideshow Raheem.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

BaseballPCHiker posted:

I'm in again as Sideshow Raheem.

Yup, you're good, we just need to find a replacement for the Don Mattingly's Sideburns team.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Anyone interested in joining a simpsons-themed $20 h2h 12 team 7x7 second year keeper league (keep 5)?

R, HR, RBI, SB, BA, OBP, SLG
K, ERA, WHIP, K/BB, K/9, QS, SV+HLD

Draft is Saturday the 16th at 830pm est on yahoo. League dues through Leaguesafe.

We have 1 manager not returning, so this team is available:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Mar 7, 2024

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

I'd fill the last spot if it is still available.

Just finished a 16 team 5x5 H2H slow draft , OBP+SVH+QS. I'm the column with Judge and Schwarber, pretty happy with how it turned out. Column with Ohtani and Devers is the defending champ.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Lord Of Texas posted:

I'd fill the last spot if it is still available.

Just finished a 16 team 5x5 H2H slow draft , OBP+SVH+QS. I'm the column with Judge and Schwarber, pretty happy with how it turned out. Column with Ohtani and Devers is the defending champ.

Awesome, pm me your email and I'll send you the invite. Thanks!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Okay so just how dead is Gerrit Cole? Dude in my dynasty league says he is available and I'm targeting 2025/2026 for contention so it might make sense.

fromsinkingsands
Oct 10, 2005

Gotta find Jason.
Looking for a replacement for a keeper league that is been running strong for almost a decade. A few SA members are already in the league!

12 team roto league

H, R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS
IP, K, ERA, WHIP, K/BB, QS, HLD

Pick 6 Keepers. Choices:

Trea Turner
Yordan Alvarez
Pete Alonso
Randy Arozorena
Nolan Jones
Josh Jung
George Springer
Nolan Gorman
Zac Gallen
Max Fried

Buy-in is $40. Top 3 finish in the money.

Draft is Monday, March 18th at 7:30 PM EST. You'll have the 7th pick in the draft.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Bregor posted:

Okay so just how dead is Gerrit Cole? Dude in my dynasty league says he is available and I'm targeting 2025/2026 for contention so it might make sense.

He's meeting with Dr. Neal ElAttrache. That's about as chilling a sentence as Yankee fans or fantasy managers could hear at this point.

We had an autodrafter take him at #15 overall last night, it was like watching a car wreck in slow motion. ☹️

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Took Cole in the second round of TGFBI this year. Took Rodon as my SP1 in TGFBI last year.

As a Yankees fan, I need to stop doing this.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Inspector_666 posted:

Took Cole in the second round of TGFBI this year. Took Rodon as my SP1 in TGFBI last year.

As a Yankees fan, I need to stop doing this.

Last year my top two pitchers in TGFBI were Sandy Alcantara and Shane Bieber. Sorry everyone.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Bregor posted:

Guys I have in both leagues so far are ... Devin Williams... I would start fading those guys if you haven't already because I'm sure some malady is about to hit all of them.

I'M SO SORRY EVERYONE, GODDAMNIT

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Lol took over a goon league team this year and 2 of my 4 keepers were Cole and Williams.

Very cool.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

This is why I'm soooo happy my big money league drafts the weekend right before the big opening day. Saves a lot of potential heartache.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

BaseballPCHiker posted:

This is why I'm soooo happy my big money league drafts the weekend right before the big opening day. Saves a lot of potential heartache.

Yeah, my money league draft is always as late as possible. Makes it somewhat more stressful but I definitely prefer it overall.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Pitcher List staff league draft was tonight (well, one of our several leagues), my first live draft of the season. 12-team, standard 5x5:

PL drafts are always a bit weird because we just spend so much time marinating in The List and is associated rankings, so there's always a weird game of chicken with pitching and I really have no idea where I ended up falling with my staff.

My RazzSlam draft i wrapping up too, and my pitching block was extra ridiculous this year:

That's starting in round 21, and doesn't include Zack Wheeler (round 2), Kyle Bradish (32), Ashcraft (34), Jones (36), Uribe (37), Soroka (40), and potentially McArthur or Miley in round 42. I feel truly insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I had two money league drafts today, I'm pretty happy with both.

First up, a $25 h2h 10-team 6x6, I had the 1st pick.

And then tonight was the $20 keep x5 H2H 12 team 7x7.

My keepers: Acuña, Witt, Carroll, Riley, Kirby

I had the 2nd pick.