Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Oops didnt hit submit on my edit:

Can I collect contract credits for bringing or doing things for you that are not bound in contract? For example, if I bring you the heart of a fairy or something and you want it, can we negotiate contract points?

Also, how long is my natural life, can you tell how long I've got? If I have an aneurysm tomorrow its not worth signing over my soul now.

Id like a guaranteed ressurection in the case of my mortal life expiring for a minimum of ten years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JessAlias
Aug 21, 2017

Outrail posted:

Oops didnt hit submit on my edit:

Can I collect contract credits for bringing or doing things for you that are not bound in contract? For example, if I bring you the heart of a fairy or something and you want it, can we negotiate contract points?

Also, how long is my natural life, can you tell how long I've got? If I have an aneurysm tomorrow its not worth signing over my soul now.

Id like a guaranteed ressurection in the case of my mortal life expiring for a minimum of ten years.

JOSEI: Can I collect contract credits for bringing or doing things for you that are not bound in contract? For example, if I bring you the heart of a fairy or something and you want it, can we negotiate contract points?

SAMI: Yes. Bounties take a variety of forms. Once the contract is signed and you are settled in, we can discuss what is available.

JOSEI: Right. Also, how long is my natural life, can you tell how long I've got? If I have an aneurysm tomorrow its not worth signing over my soul now.

JOSEI: Specifically, I'd like a guaranteed resurrection in the case of my mortal life expiring for a minimum of ten years.

There's a long pause as Sami looks you over. Her eyes glow a bright yellow as she exhales a large cloud of smoke. You get an unsettling sensation, like you were violated.

SAMI: As long as you don't violate our agreement, you will not die within ten years.

JOSEI: ...so when will I die?

SAMI: I am not omniscient. I don't know. After all, there is a chance you finish the contract successfully and then go on to get yourself killed some other way. Perhaps you'll die of old age. Perhaps you'll be eaten by a shark. Perhaps an angel will descend from heaven and smite you with holy light

SAMI: If you are deadset on finding out your exact fate, there are beings who CAN do that. But be careful what you wish for.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Ask if she will provide an appropriate writing implement to sign a contract with your own blood. And if she has a bandaid for after.

JessAlias
Aug 21, 2017

We've got one vote in favor of going ahead and signing the contract. If we get another vote, Josei will go ahead and sign and the plot will move forward. If anyone has questions they want answered BEFORE the contract is signed, please submit them!

I'm actually heading to bed right now, and will write the next update tomorrow morning based on what I see in the thread.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
I see a potential catch. Nothing in this contract mandates you giving me 50 bounties. You could give me 49 and wait to collect my soul, or one less than the higher threshold set by subsequent resurrections. Can you assure me that you won't try to pull that or similar twisting of the language herein to my detriment?

JessAlias
Aug 21, 2017

AJ_Impy posted:

I see a potential catch. Nothing in this contract mandates you giving me 50 bounties. You could give me 49 and wait to collect my soul, or one less than the higher threshold set by subsequent resurrections. Can you assure me that you won't try to pull that or similar twisting of the language herein to my detriment?

JOSEI: I see a potential catch.

SAMI: That being?

JOSEI: Nothing in this contract mandates you giving me 50 bounties. You could give me 49 and wait to collect my soul, or one less than the higher threshold set by subsequent resurrections. Can you assure me that you won't try to pull that or similar twisting of the language herein to my detriment?

There's a another long pause. One could call it a pregnant one, filled with potential. At first, you think you've offended Sami. But then she chuckles a bit, before transitioning to full on laughing.

SAMI: Oh, my little human, so insightful! So curious. I'm very interested to see how you will be turning out, Josei.

JOSEI: That's not my name.

She ignores your protest.

SAMI: I can definitely assure you, the clauses regarding your soul are more of an... incentive... to push you to fulfilling your end of the contract. The worth I gain in the Underworld from you successfully completing work for me far outweighs what I gain from your single, fragile soul.

SAMI: But in recognition of your tenacious nature, I'll add in an additional text clarifying that point along with others you have raised. Along with a little sweetener to recognize your insight. Here.

She snaps her fingers, and a word processing program flashes on her computer's screen. The mechanical keyboard clatters and clacks as additional text is added to the contract. Then the printer spits out a fresh sheet of paper. Sami tears it off, and hands it to you.

The New Contract posted:

## Covenant of the Relentless Hunter
This contract is entered into on this day, the twenty-third of February, in the year two thousand and twenty-four, by and between the undersigned Mortal, herein referred to as "The Contractor," and the Immortal Sami, herein referred to as "The Contractee."

## Article 1: Grant of Reprieve
The Contractor hereby pledges their soul, defined as the immaterial essence of their being, to The Contractee in exchange for the service of resurrection, to be rendered immediately upon execution of this contract.

## Article 2: Terms of Resurrection
The Contractee agrees to restore The Contractor to life, with all faculties intact, free from decay or injury, in a location of The Contractee's choosing.

## Article 3: Duration of Contract
The term of this contract shall commence upon The Contractor's resurrection and shall continue indefinitely, unless The Contractor fulfills the conditions set forth in Article 5.

## Article 4: Obligations of The Contractor
Upon the conclusion of The Contractor's natural life, defined as the cessation of The Contractor's vital functions due to a terminal, chronic illness or due to advanced age, The Contractor's soul shall be forfeited to The Contractee, to be collected at a time of The Contractee's choosing, unless the condition in Article 5 is met.

## Article 5: Condition of Reprieve

The Contractor may prevent the collection of their soul by successfully completing fifty (50) bounty hunting contracts in the service of The Contractee. A bounty hunting contract is defined as a task provided by The Contractee that when completed, results in the collection of a bounty. These contracts must be fulfilled to the satisfaction of The Contractee, as per the terms and conditions specified therein.

## Article 6: Rights of The Contractor
The Contractee agrees to provide a minimum of at least one (1) bounty hunting contract per month. The Contractee also agrees to share 20% of the value of any cash bounties with The Contractor. Non-cash bounties, such as Underworld favors, will not be divisible and will not be shared with the Contractor. The Contractor is also guaranteed that for the first 10 years of the contract, The Contractor will not perish due to the end of The Contractor's natural life.

## Article 7: Rights of The Contractee
The Contractee reserves the right to assign bounty hunting contracts to The Contractor and to judge the completion of said contracts. The Contractee also retains the right to utilize The Contractor's soul in any manner deemed fit within the confines of Underworld, should The Contractor fail to complete the stipulated contracts.

## Article 8: Prohibitions
The Contractor is prohibited from seeking nullification, voidance, or reversal of this contract through any mortal, arcane, or divine means.

## Article 9: Breach of Contract
Should The Contractor attempt to renege on this contract or fail to complete the fifty (50) bounty hunting contracts by the end of The Contractor's natural life, The Contractee is entitled to immediate collection of The Contractor's soul, along with the imposition of any penalties deemed appropriate, up to and including the cessation of The Contractor’s life.

## Article 10: Additional Resurrection Clause
In the event of The Contractor's demise following the initial resurrection, outside of the end of The Contractor's natural life, The Contractee agrees to perform an additional resurrection. However, this service will incur a debt of an additional twenty-five (25) bounty hunting contracts, totaling seventy-five (75) contracts to be completed to the satisfaction of The Contractee. Each subsequent resurrection will similarly incur an additional twenty-five (25) bounty hunting contracts to the existing debt.

## Article 11: Governing Law
This contract shall be governed by the laws of the supernatural realms, and any disputes arising hereunder shall be adjudicated in the courts of the Underworld.

By signing below, The Contractor and The Contractee acknowledge that they have read and understood the terms of this contract, including the Additional Resurrection Clause, and enter into it voluntarily, of their own free will.

SAMI: Feeling comfortable enough to pull the trigger, Curious One?

Note: As mentioned, I'd like at least one more vote in favor of signing off on the contract before advancing the plot. BraveLittleToaster's vote has been noted.

JessAlias fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Feb 25, 2024

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Got another part of the transaction we haven't explored.

So. The soul thing. Is this this sort of thing where I return to life, do your business, and then at the end of this second life end up getting shoved down to the Bad Place for taking a deal like this?

What exactly is involved with you receiving my soul? Do I become a slave, a snack, a curiosity to sit on a shelf forever with all my tendons severed for your amusement, maybe a unit of currency?

Is it....ugh can't believe this is an actual conversation I'm having.. *press fingers against sinuses*. So the crux of it; is this D&D rules, Bible rules, what?

JessAlias
Aug 21, 2017

Blasphemaster posted:

So. The soul thing. Is this this sort of thing where I return to life, do your business, and then at the end of this second life end up getting shoved down to the Bad Place for taking a deal like this?

What exactly is involved with you receiving my soul? Do I become a slave, a snack, a curiosity to sit on a shelf forever with all my tendons severed for your amusement, maybe a unit of currency?

Is it....ugh can't believe this is an actual conversation I'm having.. *press fingers against sinuses*. So the crux of it; is this D&D rules, Bible rules, what?

Hey, is all of this what you want him to say verbatim? Or can you edit the post to put quotation marks around the parts that you want Josei to say word-for-word? I can't tell if "Got another part of the transaction we haven't explored" is you talking OOC or is an IC statement for Josei. Sorry if I seem persnickity!

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

It's more a general tone to the enquiry, and in character

JessAlias
Aug 21, 2017

Blasphemaster posted:

It's more a general tone to the enquiry, and in character

Understood, I'll tweak it to fit the flow of the conversation.

JessAlias
Aug 21, 2017

Blasphemaster posted:

JOSEI: Not bad.

JOSEI: One more question, though.

SAMI: Yes, Curious One?

JOSEI: So. The soul thing. Is this this sort of thing where I return to life, do your business, and then at the end of this second life end up getting shoved down to the Bad Place for taking a deal like this?

SAMI: Ha! As far as the squabbling that The Powers That Be have over how to judge you after death... it doesn't look quite like how most of you Mortals imagine it. But I can safely say that taking my deal will NOT have any impact on your eventual fate. Not any more than the choices you made previously.

SAMI: If you want to get in depth regarding theology, I'm always willing to have a chat with you about it at a later date.

JOSEI: OK. So... What exactly is involved with you receiving my soul? Do I become a slave, a snack, a curiosity to sit on a shelf forever with all my tendons severed for your amusement, maybe a unit of currency?

SAMI: If your soul is collected... For me, you'd be a unit of currency. For others, it could any of those options.

SAMI: I wouldn't recommend it. But, well, people do get desperate for short term gain.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
And what happens if you are not available to issue and accept my bounties? If some other devil or angel or fairy-goblin takes you out what happens to my soul?

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

"Sounds good, definitely want to avoid those other possibilities."

*sign the contract with a flourish*

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I guess this contract is basically bullshit whatever it says. She said herself might makes right at the end of the day.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

This gives us more life full stop so that's a good thing. Anyway, we've conned nations so maybe we can trick this thing?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I'm thinking the trick involves sunlight and a convenient curtain but yeah at this point we need to sign.

JessAlias
Aug 21, 2017

Sounds like we are closing out the Q&A/contract negotiations.

Need to take care of some things first, I'll be posting an update this afternoon.

JessAlias
Aug 21, 2017

Blasphemaster posted:

"Sounds good, definitely want to avoid those other possibilities."

*sign the contract with a flourish*

Outrail posted:

And what happens if you are not available to issue and accept my bounties? If some other devil or angel or fairy-goblin takes you out what happens to my soul?

JOSEI: Sounds good, definitely want to avoid those other possibilities.

JOSEI: Last question - what happens if you are not available to issue and accept my bounties? Or if some other devil or angel or fairy-goblin takes you out what happens to my soul?

SAMI: Ha... well. That would be highly unlikely. While I don't have a seat at the table like The Powers That Be, I'm hardly a nobody.

SAMI: Anything permanent that would happen to me would not harm you in any way. Obviously, the contract would in that case, become null and void.

You process what she just told you. As you're opening your mouth, she interrupts.

SAMI: Yes. I know. You're thinking of a very tempting preposition. Rest assured, you aren't the first one to consider taking a more direct method to nullify the contract.

JOSEI: Wouldn't dream of it.

You clear your throat.

JOSEI: Anyway... you got anything, uh, appropriate to sign with? What with the whole signature in blood thing.

Sami's glowing eyes narrow in a way that you interpret as amusement. She pulls an antique pen out of her jacket pocket, and holds it out towards you. At least she doesn't seem to expect you to cut yourself or anything. You take the pen, feeling mildly bewildered.

JOSEI: Am I supposed to cut myself with this? Also I hope you've got some bandaids, so I don't smear blood all over the contract.

SAMI: Nonsense. Go ahead and sign.

Frowning a bit, you put the fountain pen to the paper and begin signing with a flourish. You feel a strange stinging sensation, and the fountain pen glows lightly as you write. As you sign, your blood pools into the nib and flows onto the paper as if from an invisible source. Of course, you sign it with your alias rather than using your real name. You're curious if she'll accept it.

When you finish your signature, the contract feels slightly warm to the touch. You slide it across the table to Sami, along with the pen. She hums quietly as she examines your signature. Apparently satisfied, she signs as well. While she continues to be wreathed in darkness, you can follow the glowing pen as it skitters across the bottom of the page.

SAMI: There. Our covenant is now complete.

She rolls up the sheet of paper and slips it into her jacket. Then, with blinding speed, a gray, taloned hand reaches out of the darkness and seizes your wrist.

JOSEI: Hey-

SAMI: Don't struggle, you'll just make the process more painful.

In her other hand a branding iron appears, already glowing a cherry red. You don't recognize the intricate design on the end of the iron. All you can tell is that it resembles some kind of language or hieroglyphic.

JessAlias fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Feb 25, 2024

JessAlias
Aug 21, 2017

BraveLittleToaster posted:

>Goodboy: Grab a Bang Stick and leave the room to continue your adventure.

Meanwhile... let's return to our clearly much more important protagonist.

After thoroughly exploring the room while ignoring Muscle Man's increasingly loud human noises, you decide that the only correct course of action is to take one of the Bang Sticks into your mouth and then run off with it. You know that whenever you do that with your owner, it always causes a lot of excitement. Sure enough, Muscle Man makes even louder human noises and tries to take it away from you. Obviously he wants to play! Maybe even tug of war?

You wag your tail and bound out of the Mystery Room, out into the hallway. Where to have Muscle Man chase you, you wonder... maybe the Loud Scary Room? But that room seems very loud and scary. You could go down the stairs to where the Tiny Rooms That Made You Sad were. Or... or you could go back and hide in Stinky Lady's room? So many choices! It makes your Very Smart Dog Brain hurt.

Note: Moving forward Goodboy's story will be updated separate from Josei's, so we can better track whose story is progressing.

JessAlias fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Feb 25, 2024

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Brace yourself, that's going to hurt.

>Goodboy: Go into the Loud Scary Room, be a brave dog!

BraveLittleToaster fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Feb 25, 2024

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Loud scary room, let's aim* for a plague dogs solution to angry humans.

Hold on, I'd like a copy of the contract please.

JessAlias
Aug 21, 2017

Outrail posted:

Hold on, I'd like a copy of the contract please.

Brace yourself, that's going to hurt.

JOSEI: Hold on, I'd like a copy of the contract please-

Sami ignores you, and slams the branding iron against your forearm. A stabbing pain erupts at the point of contact, and you bite down a scream as you instinctively try to pull your arm away from her grasp. But she's too strong, and has no intention of letting you go. There's a loud sizzling sound, and you vaguely notice the smell of something similar to frying pork fill the room. After a brief moment, you realize that's from the branding process.

As you writhe in her grasp, you hear an irritated sigh, and she hisses a sibilant series of syllables. The pain suddenly deadens, and your mind goes numb as time seems to slow to a crawl. You're aware that time is passing, but it seems like everything is moving through molasses.

Sami says something else in that unknown language, and then the brand lifts away from your skin. She gives your cheek a light slap, and you come back to your senses. To your surprise, your arm isn't really hurting. There's just a dull ache, like a bruise.

JOSEI: What the gently caress.

SAMI: There's a reason for that which isn't simple sadism, actually. If I didn't mark you, then you'd be easy pickings for those you encounter in the Underworld.

SAMI: Consider this to be a useful form of insurance, even if it's not comfortable.

The hand holding your wrist finally releases you, and Sami turns and begins walking towards the door that leads to your room. She pauses at the doorway, and looks back.

SAMI: Return tomorrow at 10:00 PM for your first assignments. Between now and then, visit Richter's Pawn Shop on 55th and Main. He will have some cash for you to get started, along with some of your belongings.

JOSEI: Now hold on-

With that, she walks straight through the metal door like it doesn't exist. You hear a clicking sound. Presumably the door unlocking?

JOSEI: loving bitch.

You decide that the top item on your to-do list will be figuring out a way to cheat death, and get out of this goddamn contract.

JessAlias fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Feb 26, 2024

JessAlias
Aug 21, 2017

Outrail posted:

Loud scary room, let's aim* for a plague dogs solution to angry humans.

>Goodboy: Go into the Loud Scary Room, be a brave dog!

You wag your tail uncertainly, and decide to run into the Loud Scary Room.

Instantly you find it overwhelming. You don't really know how to count, but you know there are Lots of people, which is much more than Many, and definitely bigger than One. Lights are flashing, and there are loud thumpy sounds. Humans - You think they're humans?? - are flailing their arms and making weird motions which is very distressing. All the humans are weird shapes and smells. Some are as short as you! Some are bigger! You are pretty sure this is against The Rules!!!

IT IS ALL VERY TERRIBLE AND BAD.

You put your tail between your legs and make a wee of sadness in the corner.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Get out of here and look for the exit to this building, you've had enough of this basement for one day.

>Goodboy: Try to scare the too many humans off with your Bang Stick.

BraveLittleToaster fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Feb 26, 2024

JessAlias
Aug 21, 2017

Get out of here and look for the exit tot his building, you've had enough of this basement for one day.

Can a dog even operate a gun-

I stand corrected.

JessAlias
Aug 21, 2017

Get out of here and look for the exit to this building, you've had enough of this basement for one day.

You step up the stairs, and push the metal door open. As you step into a concrete hallway, you hear the distant sound of a door slamming, and a male voice cursing loudly. The thumping music with the heavy bass gets louder. It sounds like you might be underneath a nightclub.

The hallway you're in has several metal doors. You suspect they lead to other holding cells like the one you woke up in. A stairwell leads up, presumably to a potential exit.

You head up the stairs, and a muscular looking guy wearing a black t-shirt and camoflage pants runs past you through another doorway. As that door opens, the EDM music gets louder for a brief moment. You hear the sound of a gunshot, and promptly decide that you want nothing to do with whatever the gently caress is going on in there.

You follow the hallway, and find a storage room that also appears to have the back exit of the building.

> Is it time to leave?

JessAlias fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Feb 26, 2024

JessAlias
Aug 21, 2017

Your distress becomes so great that you drop the Bang Stick. The Bang Stick roars, like many Bang Sticks do. While you aren't too upset, having heard that noise before, all the Strange Humans get very upset. There is shouting, and some of them take out Bang Sticks and shoot them as well. Then they all start fighting, but it doesn't look like play fighting. One of the Strange Humans even pulls the head off another Strange Human, which seems rude and is not something you're supposed to do with a friend.

You hide under a table, wondering what to do next. It is a difficult time to be a dog.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Time to leave, maybe you'll go check out this Richter's Pawn Shop to get some of your stuff back. And you'll always take more money.

>Goodboy: Leave this angry room and go somewhere else, it's killing your doggy vibe.

JessAlias
Aug 21, 2017

quote:

Time to leave, maybe you'll go check out this Richter's Pawn Shop to get some of your stuff back. And you'll always take more money.

You decide not to hang around this nightclub anymore. The quicker you get out of here, the better. You emerge into an alley behind the club, and see a brick wall next to the doorway. It's covered with graffiti, and you feel the sudden urge to add your own touch to the wall. You shake off this vague desire, something from a simpler time.

You don't know where you are right now, but judging by the lack of sunshine above the alleyway, it's evening or night time. There's an old newspaper on the ground by the dumpster. You pick it up. Yup... it's only been a few days since you died. The article in there talks about you, although it's actually about Tsli'po Tawe the imposter diplomat and not Josei Joko the street artist and thief. You crumple up the paper and toss it aside. Looks like that fake identity isn't useful anymore.

Your body aches as you stand up. You've been through the wringer, and you suspect dying doesn't give the most restful of sleep. You close your eyes a moment and remember the address - corner of 55th and Main Street. You aren't exactly sure where you are right now, but you think it's only a mile or so away from your destination.

You feel naked without a cell phone on you. But at least you can still see pretty well in the dark, and the night air feels good on your face as you walk down the street towards downtown. You notice a large golden retriever trot down the opposite side of the road, and raise your eyebrow before shrugging. Must be a stray.

You've lived in this city all your life, and you're not exactly a stranger to the seedier side of town. There's still a sense of nostalgia, though, walking through a familiar neighborhood like this after having been away for so long. It isn't too long before you reach the correct address - Richter's Pawn Shop. The exterior is coated in neon lights and a tacky, cartoonish sign has the name of the store in German gothic lettering. You've never seen the place before, but then again, you haven't exactly explored many pawn shops in this part of town ever since you went abroad.

The place seems to be open late, which is lucky for you. You shove open the door. There's a fat, squat, short man with a balding head sitting behind the counter. He looks up at you with his gray eyes, and grunts at you as he puts his newspaper down. He has a stinking, cheap cheroot clenched between his teeth. He speaks with a raspy voice that makes it sound like he gargles gravel every day.

RICHTER: Th' gently caress do ya want?

JOSEI: I was told there was some cash for me here?

RICHTER: Ya realize how many times I get assholes coming in here, sayin' that?

Character Sheet & Inventory

JessAlias fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Feb 26, 2024

JessAlias
Aug 21, 2017

>Goodboy: Leave this angry room and go somewhere else, it's killing your doggy vibe.

You carefully creep through the room, from table to table, making sure to keep out of the fighting. You perk up a bit and your nose wrinkles. You can smell fresh air beyond some Swingy Doors that you see a few of the Strange Humans exit out of. That is the Outside! Yay!

You dart out the doors and slam through them, excitedly prancing along the side of the road. But the joy you feel is short lived. This isn't your neighborhood... There isn't the neighbor with the Thing That Smells Nice, and your owner's house is nowhere to be seen.

JessAlias fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Feb 26, 2024

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

This: Mission accomplished

>Good boy: Run away from the loud noises and frantically search for someone who looks like a nice human and hide between their legs

If we can link up the protagonist and secondary human character it'll keep things moving.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Feb 26, 2024

JessAlias
Aug 21, 2017

Outrail posted:

This: Mission accomplished

>Good boy: Run away from.the loud noises and frantically search for someone who looks like a nice human and hide between their legs

If we can link up the protagonist and secondary human characters it'll keep things moving.

Whoops, dropped a post right before you sent this. Feel free to rewrite your prompt if you like. Or I can try to work it into what comes next for Goodboy. I'll be waiting a bit anyway to let people drop in suggestions for dialog with Richter.

JessAlias fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Feb 26, 2024

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Flash your brand, maybe that'd work. If it doesn't, just tell him your name and who sent you here.

>Goodboy: Frantically search for any Nice Smelling Things to go to.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Flash your brand, maybe that'd work. If it doesn't, just tell him your name and who sent you here.

+1

JessAlias
Aug 21, 2017

You sigh, and roll up your shirt sleeve to reveal the brand on your arm. Richter's eyes widen slightly as he sees the mark of Sami on your flesh.

JOSEI: Trust me. I wish I were joking.

RICHTER: Got another one of ya fuckers workin' under her now, eh? Alright, lemme see what I've got in stock.

He picks up a pair of glasses that have been hanging around his neck by a gold chain and sets them on his bulbous nose. He takes a ledger from under the counter, and places it on a countertop magnifying glass to examine it closely.

RICHTER: Right. S'posed to give ya 5 grand, a Saturday night special, some kinda duffel bag, and a wallet. I'll be right back.

You wait patiently as he disappears into the back room, and return with a bulging envelope in his left hand, and a pistol in his right hand.

RICHTER: Here ya go. No wallet or bag, though.

JOSEI: You're kidding.

RICHTER: Nope. Sorry. They never came in.

He shrugs.

RICHTER: Tough break, kid. But hey, at least ya got a gun and some cash, right?

JessAlias fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Feb 26, 2024

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Ask if anyone came in for a wallet and bag before you. Try to pawn off those cigs you got in the meanwhile.

JessAlias
Aug 21, 2017

Ask if anyone came in for a wallet and bag before you. Try to pawn off those cigs you got in the meanwhile.

JOSEI: Did anyone come in for the wallet or bag before me?

RICHTER: I told ya that they never came in. Ya need to clean yer ears out.

JOSEI: Right. Uh... hey.

You pull the pack of Vox Illuminata cigarettes out of your pocket and show them to the fat man.

JOSEI: Can you give me any cash for these? I found them in my pocket but I don't smoke.

He squints at you.

RICHTER: ...kid, did ya steal these offa the boss lady?

JessAlias
Aug 21, 2017

You wander the streets morosely, sniffing the air. It's been a while since you ate the Slidy Meaty Things the Stinky Lady gave you and your belly is very empty. Unfortunately, it seems all the garbage is hidden away in giant metal containers that are impenetrable to dogs.

There aren't many humans out either, probably because it is dark and scary. Eventually you wander towards a place that is all lit up, and you can smell two humans in there. There's also the faint smell of FRENCH FRIES. You wag your tail, sometimes your owner would give you FRENCH FRIES when he came back from the King of Burger.

You press your cold, wet nose against the glass and stare inside at the two humans, and try to use your mind control powers to compel them to share the FRENCH FRIES that you are positive are in there, somewhere. You know you obviously have mind control powers, because whenever you stare at your owner when he eats FRENCH FRIES and compel him to give some to you, he always does. It's foolproof.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I don't loving know man, I just woke up and got Shanghaied by a shadow, they were in my pocket and now I'm talking to you. Nevermind. (Keep the cigs)

Look, have you got anything else that might help me? Holy water or a piece of the one true cross or a silver butt plug? I don't know what the gently caress is going on or what I'm supposed to do help me out here.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Feb 26, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
>Good boy: Mentally command one of the customers to open the door, put everything into to it.

Do we smell or sense anything else here? Do we have anything on us? Did the stinky woman take out collar? (Do we have any supernatural undead senses?)

Outrail fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Feb 26, 2024