Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Tactfully change topic by asking about his wares.

>Goodboy: Search for an open back entrance to the burger home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JessAlias
Aug 21, 2017

Outrail posted:

>Good boy: Mentally command one of the customers to open the door, put everything into to it.

Do we smell or sense anything else here? Do we have anything on us? Did the stinky woman take out collar? (Do we have any supernatural undead senses?)

Your eyes bulge out of your head as you attempt to mentally control one of them to open the door and allow you access to the FRENCH FRIES. Your tail wags furiously.

Unfortunately, nothing happens, but not for lack of trying.

You whine a bit, and wonder what to do next, and itch yourself a bit. Your collar jingles. You never understood why your owner stuck a jingly collar on you, but apparently that is just what owners do.

In an OOC way, I will say that Goodboy currently has no special powers besides being accidentally resurrected just like Josei, and having the same power of immortality which will revive him if he ever dies. Though that doesn't mean he will never have other powers...

BraveLittleToaster posted:

>Goodboy: Search for an open back entrance to the burger home.

You decide that you have spent long enough trying to mind control the humans, and instead, go to the back of the building. Maybe there's a doggy door back there? Unfortunately, all you find is an alleyway, a dumpster, and a large door that is shut.

You make many sad dog noises and wonder why the world is so unfriendly to dogs.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

JessAlias posted:

having the same power of immortality which will revive him if he ever dies.

Ah, :getin:

Scavenge the dumpsters, if this doesn't work move on to the next good smelling house and try again.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
>Goodboy: Look in the dumpster, if you can.

JessAlias
Aug 21, 2017

Tactfully change topic by asking about his wares.

Outrail posted:

I don't loving know man, I just woke up and got Shanghaied by a shadow, they were in my pocket and now I'm talking to you. Nevermind. (Keep the cigs)

Look, have you got anything else that might help me? Holy water or a piece of the one true cross or a silver butt plug? I don't know what the gently caress is going on or what I'm supposed to do help me out here.

JOSEI: I don't loving know man, I just woke up and got Shanghaied by a shadow, they were in my pocket and now I'm talking to you. Nevermind.

You shove the cigarettes back in your pocket.

JOSEI: Look, have you got anything else that might help me? Holy water, or a piece of the one true cross, or a silver butt plug? I don't know what the gently caress is going on or what I'm supposed to do. Help me out here.

Richter opens his mouth to say something, and then pauses, squinting at the front of the pawn shop.

JOSEI: What?

You turn around, not seeing anything.

RICHTER: Just thought I saw a dog out there. Weird. Anyway
RICHTER: Listen, I got nothin' like that fer ya. Not just to hand out for free. Now, if ya want to BUY somethin', we can talk about it.

He scratches his chins.

JOSEI: OK. Sure. What do you got?

RICHTER: Better question is what do ya want?

JOSEI: I just found out magic's real and that people can come back from the dead. Why don't you tell me what I need?

RICHTER: Right. Alright. How about I just start with givin' ya some advice? I sell gear for Contractors like you, the bounty hunters, yeah? And when ya go out in the field yer gonna wanna customize yer kit for the poo poo yer huntin'.

RICHTER: I can tell ya a good, basic thing is cold iron. Ya know what that is?

JOSEI: Iron you put in a freezer?

RICHTER: Fuckin' moron, no. It's iron that's been forged by beatin' it out by hand. Good against fae, and most other supernatural poo poo besides. I could sell some a' those to ya, if you want.

JOSEI: How much?

RICHTER: No point in sellin' them to ya, I don't do cold iron rounds in the caliber that fits yer popgun.

You regard the RG-14 that the fat man gave you. Yeah... you're not exactly a gun expert, but it's chambered for lovely .22 LR rounds. Great for shooting squirrels or beer cans, not so much for a stone cold bounty hunter.

Character Sheet & Inventory

JessAlias fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Feb 26, 2024

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Ask if he's got any cold iron melee weapons in stock.

JessAlias
Aug 21, 2017

>Goodboy: Look in the dumpster, if you can.

Outrail posted:

Ah, :getin:

Scavenge the dumpsters, if this doesn't work move on to the next good smelling house and try again.

You decide to try nosing into the dumpster, pushing it open slightly. This makes a loud racket, though eventually, you manage to flip the lid of the dumpster up and over. You immediately jump inside. There's all kinds of interesting trash in there, along with boring things like an Inflatable Human that confuses you, and stuff you vaguely recognize as "Plastic" and "Electronics," which your owner always found very interesting. Most importantly, there is a bunch of greasy food bags and boxes just like the ones your owner had! You rip through them. Each one has something else, and your canine nose is immediately assaulted with a bouquet of delicious aromas. One is CHINESE FOOD, another is FRENCH FRIES, and there's even some PIZZA. Some of it is very, very stinky, which is good. You like stinky things.

You immediately start eating garbage with reckless abandon. This is a good day.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
>Goodboy: Gorge yourself until full, then go back to searching out your Owner.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
So a cast iron frypan will crack a fae's skull in?

Also what's a fae?

JessAlias
Aug 21, 2017

Outrail posted:

So a cast iron frypan will crack a fae's skull in?

Also what's a fae?

Ask if he's got any cold iron melee weapons in stock.

JOSEI: So a cast iron frypan will crack a fae's skull in?

RICHTER: If ya throw it hard enough, yeah. If yer really gonna go hunting for 'em, I got better suggestions, though.

JOSEI: Sure. What's a fae, anyway?

He gives a snort, his chins wobbling.

RICHTER: They ain't on the level with the really powerful poo poo out there - demons, angels, the one thunder god that can fight his own battles - but they're no slouches. Fae are like... in-betweens, ya get me? Some of 'em are right human, but most of 'em have a hint of the Underworld in 'em.

RICHTER: Let's just say they ain't nice.

JOSEI: That isn't really a good description.

RICHTER: Right, like - elves. Ya know?

JOSEI: What, like goddamn Lord of the Rings?

RICHTER: What - no, that's a bunch of made up trash. Real elves... like I said, they ain't nice. There's a reason the Irish called 'em the Fair Folk rather than callin' them by name.

RICHTER: If you pissed 'em off, they'd steal yer baby and replace 'em with a changeling. Or if ya went to their realm, they'd trick ya into stayin' there and dyin' of hunger while they feast on your suffering.

RICHTER: Or if they just plain feel like it, they'll slit your throat and drain ya of yer blood so they can bathe in it.

JOSEI: You sure you're not talking about demons?

RICHTER: What is it with people an' thinkin' the Underworld's got nothin' but demons? Yeesh.

JOSEI: Er... sorry.

RICHTER: Bah, I don't give a poo poo.

JOSEI: Alright. You got any cold iron melee weapons in stock?

He sizes you up, squinting his eyes.

RICHTER: Maybe. What kinda close-up fightin' you trained in, kid?

> Select a melee fighting style. The consensus vote will be chosen, and will be permanently turned into Josei's primary method of melee combat.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Tell him you know how to fight dirty and in a stabby manner.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
+1 Dirty, sneaky & stabby.

>Good boy: Loud and Bitey

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Cold Iron Iklwa and a large collapsible shield if possible. If not, at least a buckler would be nice.

Alternately, a cold iron polesword would be sufficient.

Good thing we spent that one month in the ancestral homeland of Tsli'po and dedicated some time to training in their historical martial arts as part of a diplomatic culture exchange. Those spears are drat scary. Very easy to gank someone from short to medium distances. Good for a loud fight, but silent to begin with so stealth is only limited by its size.

Sneaky stabby splashy pokey pin a guy to another dude with a drat spear from across the street. Sets a certain tone.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Blasphemaster posted:

Cold Iron Iklwa and a large collapsible shield if possible. If not, at least a buckler would be nice.

Good thing we spent that one month in the ancestral homeland of Tsli'po and dedicated some time to training in their historical martial arts as part of a diplomatic culture exchange. Those spears are drat scary. Very easy to gank someone from short to medium distances. Good for a loud fight, but silent to begin with so stealth is only limited by its size.

Sneaky stabby splashy pokey pin a guy to another dude with a drat spear from across the street. Sets a certain tone.

+1 Iklwa and shield

Otherwise known as an assegai. Stabbing spear.

JessAlias
Aug 21, 2017

AJ_Impy posted:

+1 Iklwa and shield

Otherwise known as an assegai. Stabbing spear.

Blasphemaster posted:

Outrail posted:

+1 Dirty, sneaky & stabby.

>Good boy: Loud and Bitey

Tell him you know how to fight dirty and in a stabby manner.

JOSEI: Generally, the more stabby kind.

RICHTER: Knives, then?

JOSEI: More like an iklwa.

RICHTER: A what-wa?

JOSEI: It's also called an assegai.

RICHTER: Never heard a' it. Where the hell do those come from?

JOSEI: South Africa. I'm a U.N. ambassador - well, until the mob put a hit out on me. My name's Tsli'po Tawe. You probably saw in the newspapers about me supposedly being an imposter? That's just fake news. It's more like I'm in hiding... I made a deal with that Sami lady for protection.

RICHTER: Yer African.

JOSEI: Yeah?

RICHTER: Ya look Chinese.

JOSEI: My parents were of Japanese descent, yeah, what about it?

There's a long, awkward silence as Richter regards you through his thick glasses, with his pudgy fingers drumming on the glass countertop. There's a moment where you're expecting him to say something racist, but then he exhales and shrugs.

RICHTER: So... yer a Japanese-South African U.N. Ambassador. In America.

JOSEI: Basically, yeah.

RICHTER: For how long?

JOSEI: Only five months or so.

RICHTER: Uh-huh.

JOSEI: I'm detecting some hostility, here.

RICHTER: Not hostile at all! Not hostile in the least!

RICHTER: Ya realize I'm Jewish, right? Jews're the most fuckin' tolerant people around.

RICHTER: Just findin' yer story a LITTLE hard to believe, my friend.

You take a deep breath. This conversation is already giving you a headache. Time to pull out the big guns.

JOSEI: You find it THAT hard to believe that my two loving and kind-hearted parents couldn't have decided to make a new life in another country to start a small business?

JOSEI: That maybe, they liked it so much that they decided to live there until the day they died, God rest their souls?

RICHTER: Now hold on -

JOSEI: That they decided to have a son who pulled himself up by his own bootstraps and put himself through college, and managed to get a well-paying job as an interpreter, before getting appointed as an ambassador by the United Nations?

JOSEI: Why is it so hard to believe? Is it because I know how to talk properly and I wear a nice suit? Maybe I should have a whole lot of "bloken Engrish" with big buck teeth and glasses?

You glare at Richter with as much as willpower as you can muster in your body, forcing your eye to twitch with mock anger. There's a tense silence for a few moments, before he holds up his hands.

DIPLOMACY ROLL: 20 + 5 BONUS VS DC 12

RICHTER: Fuckin' hell, sorry, Mister, uh-

JOSEI: Tawe.

RICHTER: Mister Tawe. You just - ya caught me by surprise is all, with the whole U.N. thing an' all. I got somethin' that might work for ya.

Richter waddles back into the stockroom. You take a deep breath and restrain a grin. Yeah, you've still got it.

LUCK ROLL: 13+1 BONUS = 14 VS DC 10

After a few minutes, he comes back out holding a short spear, about three feet long. The tip looks unusual - almost crude, like it was battered into shape, just like the fat man said.

RICHTER: Made a' cold iron, just like we talked about. Here.

You take the spear from him, and look it over. The shaft is definitely old - very old. There's a strange, runic design carved into it that you've never seen before. There's also a leather strap to allow someone to wear it on a shoulder.

JOSEI: What's that?

You point at the runes.

RICHTER: gently caress if I know, I recycled that from an old quarterstaff a guy pawned a year ago.

You nod, and make a few quick stabbing motions with the spear. The weight distribution is... acceptable, if not really ideal. But for your purposes, it should work fine as an improvised weapon.

You extend a hand, and Richter shakes it firmly.

RICHTER: That'll be $2000.

Your jaw drops as your eyes bug out a bit.

JOSEI: Two thousand bucks!?

RICHTER: Hey, cold iron ain't cheap.

FEATURE UNLOCKED - CHARACTER PERKS.
FEATURE UNLOCKED - CHARACTER FLAWS.
Dying tends to take the spring out of your step. Now that Josei is getting back in the swing of things, he's able to use perks to give bonuses to dice rolls, or to get other benefits. However, nobody is perfect. Josei can gain flaws as well that will act as penalties.

JessAlias fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Feb 26, 2024

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Just pay the kind fellow for the weapon.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Did you know that in some south Asian cultures, when the want something they give something away?

JessAlias
Aug 21, 2017

Blasphemaster posted:

Did you know that in some south Asian cultures, when the want something they give something away?

Is this a real thing? It helps me know how much Josei will be ad libbing. I did some online searches and the results that came up were about Chinese gift giving culture.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

He's mostly bullshitting. Something he heard from a UK sitcom, he thinks?

JessAlias
Aug 21, 2017

Blasphemaster posted:

He's mostly bullshitting. Something he heard from a UK sitcom, he thinks?

Perfect. Thank you.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Guy sourced you a cold iron iklwa. Just pay him, that's impressive enough.

JessAlias
Aug 21, 2017

AJ_Impy posted:

Guy sourced you a cold iron iklwa. Just pay him, that's impressive enough.

Blasphemaster posted:

Just pay the kind fellow for the weapon.

JOSEI: ...say, did you know that in some south Asian cultures, when they want something, they give something away?

DIPLOMACY ROLL: 1 +5 PERK BONUS VS DC 18

RICHTER: That's nice. I want money, though.

Well, it was worth a shot. You begin counting out $2000 dollars, and as you do so, there's a rumble of thunder. An absolute torrent of rain comes down from the heavens, blanketing the road outside. The storm is so intense that you can't even see anything on the street.

RICHTER: Nice. Sure glad my apartment's upstairs.

JOSEI: Yeah, no kidding. I guess I'll stay here until it stops.

Richter's eyes narrow as he looks at you suspiciously.

RICHTER: Like Hell ya are. This ain't a boarding house.

He takes the money out of your hands and counts it himself, bill by bill.

JOSEI: Seriously? I just gave you 2000 bucks.

RICHTER: Lookit. I don't know ya, kid. Sure, yer on Sami's payroll an' all, but ya could be some kinda murderin' rear end in a top hat.

RICHTER: But... tell ya what. Since some rear end in a top hat must have nicked yer poo poo, here.

He rummages around behind the counter and pulls out an umbrella, and a frayed looking backpack.

RICHTER: On the house. An' when you've got your poo poo together, swing by my place again.

JOSEI: Alright.

> Is it time to move on?

JessAlias fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Feb 27, 2024

JessAlias
Aug 21, 2017

>Goodboy: Gorge yourself until full, then go back to searching out your Owner.

Bet you thought I forgot about this little guy, eh?

As you devour your spoils, you feel a drop of water land on your furry head. Initially you don't care, but then you hear something...

The Thunder Monsters.

You're not sure what they are. They live in the sky, and come whenever it rains. While you are a Very Brave Dog, and don't have to hide under the bed like you did as a puppy, hearing the Thunder Monsters while outside means you're about to get soaking wet. Even if you love swimming, being stuck outside in the rain is not your idea of a fun time.

You leap out of the dumpster. Water begins to pour out of the sky. It's only a few moments before you are completely soaked.

JessAlias fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Feb 27, 2024

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Thank him, grab your stuff and move along, use the umbrella. Time to look for a place to crash at.

>Goodboy: Seek shelter from the rain and Thunder Monsters.

JessAlias
Aug 21, 2017

>Goodboy: Seek shelter from the rain and Thunder Monsters.

You dash near the front doorway of the FRENCH FRIES place, and huddle under an awning that shelters you from the rain. Meanwhile, the Thunder Monsters grumble and roar up above, obviously searching for dogs to eat. You whine a bit. Things had looked up for a while, but now you're wet, miserable, cold, and alone.

Thank him, grab your stuff and move along, use the umbrella. Time to look for a place to crash at.

JOSEI: Guess I'd better hit the road, then. Nice meeting you, Richter.

Richter grunts and waves, before opening up the newspaper he had previously set down. You sling your backpack over your shoulder and pop open the umbrella outside.

The rain is coming down in sheets. You stand by the pawn shop, considering your options, when you notice something. It's that drat golden retriever again. He's huddled under the awning of a nearby late-night burger joint, and looks completely miserable.

You can't just leave the poor thing out there in the rain all night. As you walk towards him, you notice that at least he has a collar, with a single tag on it. You bend down a bit and look at the tag. All it says is just "GOODBOY." No phone number or address. He stares up at you with huge, soulful eyes, whining a bit. You can't help but scratch his head gently, rubbing his ears.

The dog makes a happy rumbling noise at your touch, and you grin. You look around and don't see anyone approaching. He's definitely a stray.

> Do you keep the dog-

JOSEI: Yeah, no, this one's not getting put up to a vote.

You give the dog a solid thump on the side. Goodboy wags his tail uncertainly.

JOSEI: Come on. Let's both find somewhere to get out of the rain.

GOODBOY HAS JOINED YOUR PARTY!

> You have $3000 and a desperate need to get a roof over your head to spend the night. What do you want to do?

NOTE: Goodboy is now a party member. He can split off from the party to have his own adventures, or he can stick close to Josei, in which case Josei's story takes priority.

JessAlias fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Feb 27, 2024

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Search for a hotel or motel with a vacant room with your new dog, preferably a quiet one.

JessAlias
Aug 21, 2017

Search for a hotel or motel with a vacant room with your new dog, preferably a quiet one.

You know that reasonably, a motel would be a much better fit for you, what with the dog that you've picked up. But you spent too many of your younger years living in a variety of fairly awful motels. While you don't plan to stay at an ultra-luxury hotel in the heart of the downtown area, you want something... nicer... than a motel.

You search for a decent hotel that also happens to have a vacancy at 12:30 AM in a rainy, humid summer night in the city. This isn't going to be easy...

LUCK ROLL: 15 +1 PERK BONUS = 16 VS DC 12

...but as always, luck is on your side when you least expect it. After walking about five blocks down the road towards the waterfront, you pass by an elegant-looking brick building with a large sign out front advertising "BALTIMORE OCEANVIEW HOTEL AND SUITES!" You glance up and see an LCD display that proudly proclaims that there are vacancies available at this time.

You smile and walk towards the door. Your dog bounds beside you as you hold the umbrella high above your head. You step inside, and ignore the odd looks some people give you and Goodboy. Instead, you make a beeline straight for the reception area's front desk.

The clerk working the late shift is an elegant looking woman with long blonde hair, wearing a blue uniform vest with her ID badge clipped to it, and a pair of glasses. She looks at you with slight bemusement as she keeps her polite smile on her face. You realize you're soaked, with rainwater dripping off of your jacket and making puddles on the marble floor. You glance at her badge, and note that her name is Claire.

CLAIRE: Hi there! Welcome to Baltimore Oceanview Hotel and Suites! What can I do for you tonight?

She says it in a way that doesn't make it seem like you're an annoyance for showing up here looking like a drowned rat in the middle of a night. You have to give her props for that.

CLAIRE: May I ask... is that a service dog you have there?

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Tell her yes, he's a service dog. Try to seem like someone who needs a service dog, and say you're looking to get a room.

JessAlias
Aug 21, 2017

Tell her yes, he's a service dog. Try to seem like someone who needs a service dog, and say you're looking to get a room.

You glance down at Goodboy, who's sitting at attention next to you and gazing adoringly up at Claire. Then you look back at her.

JOSEI: Yes he is. Sorry, we just got caught out in the rain, and I... well, I had a seizure. We're trying to get a room for the night.

You glance up at the fancy décor in the lobby with an expression of slightly vacant confusion, like you're not quite aware of where you are right now.

CLAIRE: Oh my goodness - I'm so sorry!

CLAIRE: Can I ask what your dog is trained to do?

LORE ROLL: 1 +1 PERK BONUS = 2

Frankly, you have no idea what a service dog is supposed to do for someone with epilepsy. poo poo.

JOSEI: Uh...

JOSEI: He makes me... not... seize.

CLAIRE: Yes, but are there any specific techniques he's trained to use? Like to provide assistance?

JOSEI: Well...

She purses her lips, and is about to say something when a voice cuts in.

???: Claire! Don't worry, he's with a friend of mine.

You turn on your heel. There's a tall man with platinum blonde hair that is so light in color it's almost white, bright red eyes, and... are his teeth just the least bit sharp? It doesn't look natural, that's for sure. He's wearing an elegant black suit with red trim, and has an extremely expensive-looking leather briefcase tucked under one arm. In his other hand he's holding a glass with something red in it. You think it's wine. At least, you hope it is.

You hear a quiet, low growl. Goodboy is staring at the man with slitted eyes as he bares his teeth in a silent snarl.

???: Oh - I'm sorry. How rude of me.

The pale man sets down the glass and holds out a hand.

VIKTOR: Please, call me Viktor.

JessAlias fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Feb 27, 2024

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Shake the fellow's hand and greet him, ask why he's here. Word might have gotten around about you in the supernatural circles.

JessAlias
Aug 21, 2017

Shake the fellow's hand and greet him, ask why he's here. Word might have gotten around about you in the supernatural circles.

You shake Viktor's hand, and have to work hard to not recoil. His touch is as cold as the grave, and it sends a chill up your spine. But you manage to keep a friendly demeanor on your face as he smiles at you politely.

JOSEI: It's good to meet you, Viktor. My name's Tsli'po Tawe. What brings you here?

VIKTOR: Oh, well... that would definitely be a private conversation. But in general terms, let's just say I'm having a... business disagreement, with a family member.

VIKTOR: But really, enough about me. Why don't I help smooth things along? I'll even cover your stay here for a whole week. I hear you're still finding your feet in our little corner of creation, so it's the least I could do. You're fine with that, yes?

As he speaks, he pulls out a gold billfold, and extracts an American Express credit card from it, setting it on the counter in front of Claire.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Accept graciously, while keeping in mind that he probably has ulterior motives of some sort. But keep that concern to yourself for now.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

JessAlias posted:

GOODBOY Tsli'po HAS JOINED YOUR PARTY!

:colbert:

Nah, we all know what's up. Also, AMEX? Gross.

A kind gesture from a new friend, with no strings attached, I assume?

JessAlias
Aug 21, 2017

Outrail posted:

:colbert:

Nah, we all know what's up. Also, AMEX? Gross.

A kind gesture from a new friend, with no strings attached, I assume?

JOSEI: This will be a kind gesture from a new friend, with no strings attached, I assume?

VIKTOR: Why, of course! All I'd be expecting is a simple favor in return.

He leans in, his grin widening a bit further. You can see not only his sharp teeth, but his fangs, now. Goodboy's growling gets a bit louder, and you shush him quietly with your free hand as Viktor continues to speak.

VIKTOR: Tomorrow, when your employer is reviewing the contracts currently on offer... please do consider selecting mine. Exclusively. I mean, it would be a shame if you missed out on a golden opportunity.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Sounds ominous! Tell him you will consider it.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Why of course. It's the least I could do for my new friend. Thank you so much for helping us out here.

(If Claire isn't listening) But since we're on friendly terms. What the gently caress are you exactly? No offense meant of course, I'm not stupid just ignorant.

We have no obligation to do anything but consider their contract.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Feb 27, 2024

JessAlias
Aug 21, 2017

Outrail posted:

Why of course. It's the least I could do for my new friend. Thank you so much for helping us out here.

(If Claire isn't listening) But since we're on friendly terms. What the gently caress are you exactly? No offense meant of course, I'm not stupid just ignorant.

Unfortunately, Claire is standing too closely so you can't ask the second question without her blatantly overhearing. But in either case - looks like we have a clear vote for accepting the offer.

JessAlias
Aug 21, 2017

Outrail posted:

Sounds ominous! Tell him you will consider it.

JOSEI: Why of course! It's the least I could do for my new friend. Thank you so much for helping us out here.

Viktor claps his hands together once, and beams at you.

VIKTOR: Excellent! Wonderful to hear that. Claire, please set up my new friend here with the Presidential Suite. He'll be staying for a full seven nights, at least - depending on how things go.

Claire nods enthusiastically as she types something on her computer keyboard.

CLAIRE: Will do!

VIKTOR: Now - Mr. Tawe, I am foreseeing us having many fruitful business partnerships in the future. Until we meet again, farewell!

He winks at Claire and turns to leave, giving you a jaunty wave goodbye as he walks towards the door with his wine glass in hand. You stare into space, too tired to really consider the implications of what just happened. That's a problem for Future Josei to worry about.

CLAIRE: Sir? Hello?

JOSEI: Huh- sorry?

CLAIRE: Your room key?

She holds up an electronic key card for you, smiling politely. You blink for a moment before taking it from her hand.

CLAIRE: Right this way, please!

She steps out from behind the desk, and leads you to an elevator. Goodboy sticks close by you as you follow her into it. She presses a button labeled "P," and the doors slide shut as the elevator lurches slightly, and begins to rise up.

CLAIRE: So, Mr. Tawe, are you planning on staying here long?

JOSEI: Uh-huh.

You really aren't interested in making conversation. A tiny part of you feels bad. More of you just doesn't care. You'll make it up to her later if she's still working after tonight, but right now you want nothing more than to get in bed and sleep until noon tomorrow.

The elevator dings, and opens onto a wide hallway. Claire leads the way to a large set of double doors, and you swipe the keycard. You hear the lock click.

CLAIRE: And here we are! Room 1366F - enjoy your stay! If you need anything, please don't hesitate to call us.

You give her a polite nod, and shoulder your way in through the double doors. Goodboy pads in next to you as you close the door behind you, and you lean back against it with a sigh.

For a moment you stand there, just enjoying being out of the rain and away from other people for a while. Then, you glance around the suite, and come to the realization that you're in a luxury penthouse suite that easily costs over 2000 dollars a night, if not more. You begin to wonder what the hell you just got yourself into. The furniture is all very sleek and modern - almost art deco. A granite countertop divides the kitchen area from the living room area, and off to one side there's a wide window with an incredible view of the harbor.

You realize you should probably take a shower, but a wave of tiredness washes over you. You barely make it to the bedroom before collapsing onto the king-sized bed, fully clothed. Goodboy hops up onto the bed, and curls up next to you. You mumble something into the pillow as you sink into unconsciousness, not bothering to even pull the covers over yourself.

The following morning, you awaken to the sensation of a wet tongue slobbering on your face. You groan as Goodboy wags his tail with enthusiasm, his eyes shining with the adoration that only a dog can have for someone who gave him shelter from the rain. You roll over and stare at the ceiling for a while before pushing yourself into a sitting position, and shooing him off the bed. Goodboy does so reluctantly, and trots over to the large sliding glass doors that lead outside of the suite, whimpering quietly.

You stand up, and peer out the glass windows. There's a garden balcony outside of the suite. Goodboy looks back at you, tail wagging furiously as he stares at you with pleading eyes. You unlock the door and step outside. Goodboy rushes past you, and begins sniffing around the flowers eagerly before peeing on some ornamental shrubs.

The weather is clear this morning - looks like that storm last night passed through without much issue. The ocean is visible in the distance, glimmering in the sunlight. As the breeze blows through your hair, you feel a sense of calm come over you. Maybe things are going to be okay.

You remember that you have a meeting upcoming with your new 'boss,' at 10:00 PM. You glance at the sun and make a rough estimate, it appears to be about 9AM or so.You have a whole day ahead of you.

> Please submit requests for what Josei (and Goodboy!) should focus on, or tasks to complete, before 10:00 PM hits. Simpler tasks will be completed offscreen. Anything more complex will be played out onscreen.

JessAlias fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Feb 27, 2024

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Get yourself cleaned up, start researching the supernatural, get some pet supplies for Goodboy if you're going to keep him around for now.

BraveLittleToaster fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Feb 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
We just died, sold our soul to a shadow and may be indebted to a vampire.

Have a mild breakdown. Find a bunch of edibles, get high and spend the day ordering room service and researching supernatural entities via pop culture streaming services with our partner in servitude.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Feb 27, 2024