Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
At that age the stripper pretending to love you is close enough to real to fill the empty void.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
If only we had some way to address the root cause of the rise in violent outbursts, rather than just "more boot"

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
"When the bank comes to take your farm you show 'em a shotgun and tell them to keep walking" Circa 1933 except everything is loving hellworld reveresed where its some chuddy guard regiment in a standoff with the debt collectors at Mar a Lago.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

It was an investment in his hedge fund, he might be able to steal the money but then he might end up in several duffel bags.

noblesse oblige or something.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
"Collectable Interest" on paper, is good for valuation, and can be sold as a security for cash to the next sucker, who then may or may not ever realize that collection.

Same thing as medical debt, where you can get it for pennies on the dollar.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Oh they probably think, they just think that they won't be the ones left holding the bag, and they often think wrong.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Lmao the AP using "Kill Notification" as the term for discontinuing a story.

Kill Notification for The British Royal Family

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

This is all stupid, for one thing I'm the type of person who says Good Morning as my first greeting of someone of the day until like 2 or 3 in the afternoon depending on how much coffee I've had. If someone ever says "Its afternoon!" I just respond, "Yes, and?"

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Maybe they know

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

CBJSprague24 posted:

House of Cards season 8 sure is a humdinger. :suicide:

Both West Wing and House of Cards gaslighted people into believing that our benignly evil system is competent and orderly and that the reigns of power are procedural rather than the reality that its all just vibes based.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
It wasnít Boeing, it was the Pinkertons hired by a major Boeing shareholder. Entirely different!

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Wombot posted:

I saw a similar opinion on Bluesky and it got me thinking: I think it's doing the whole thing a disservice to let Boeing skate as "incompetent". They aren't. The debacles with the Max and 787 (and maybe the nascent 777X) aren't down to incompetence, they are the byproduct of intentional, planned cutbacks of key talent and infrastructure done under the aegis of a federal government that will bail them out. Malicious, short-sighted, sure. Not incompetent.

Yeah this is a good way to phrase it.

Exceptionally productive MBA brain juicing quarterly earnings is indistinguishable from incompetence

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Alternative translation: that 20% will still vote for him in the general regardless and you cannot take any vote for granted to stop the path to fascism.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

OddObserver posted:

Except real wage data suggests that upper middle class (particularly tech!) is doing worse and lower tier is actually showing improvement for the first time in many decades.

:rubby:

Any improvement is 1) fifteen years overdue and 2) still below actual inflation.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
If itís collateral on a mortgage and itís seized Iím hoping the bank(s) just get the shaft and have no claim.

Some gently caress around and find out when you donít do due diligence on your investment.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

SerthVarnee posted:

The shrine itself being a table he once sat at or a chair he once shat himself in.

The porcelain throne where a Barron's crossbow bolt took him in the gut mid poo poo.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

stealie72 posted:

How does one find data to see if Holland's tourism numbers have steadily declined as more and more countries legalize weed?

If weed is half the gateway drug I was promised as a child in the DARE program then Holland's tourism should instead have increased substantially as all these new legal druggies travel there for more extreme thrills.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
The American Legal Vibe is in Disarray.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Itís my right to drive out onto a potentially unstable bridge during rescue operations so that I can get a tiktok clip

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Coasterphreak posted:

Iím really interested in how heís gonna stop inflation, given that itís highly unlikely any reputable economist will touch him

He could do literally anything and it would probably do more than the Democrats plan just by virtue of being 100x more chaotic than whatever liberal ďraise interest rates and praise job creatorsĒ the economists are smoking.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

pygmy tyrant posted:

My point isn't that they should ship proof the bridge my point is that it would be a mistake to not take umbrage with and scrutinize the bridge component of the incident. Trusting administrative controls to prevent disaster is basically a textbook engineering ethics case study in What Not To Do, and yet, is exactly what was done. Whoever made the decision to needs to be under a microscope.

The people who made those decisions are at best 80 to 90 and otherwise dead of old age and lung cancer.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I hope all the goons in the stock trading thread shorted it. That seems to have been as easy of a win as any stock trade could ever be.

I'm not going to go check myself, I just hope they did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I guess so

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4057622