Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

JosefStalinator posted:

I won't vote keats. He did what he said he would do, and it was good for town. If he has me pocketed, then I am under his spell

i'm not sure why you felt the need to hide keats using his power on you, given that keats had already hinted at that so much. didn't you say you didn't get the benefits from it last night due to a mod error though? what's the deal there?

if you ignore keats using his power on you, what's your read of him then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

b-minus1 posted:

Why hasn’t anyone claimed

I have. I subbed a song and I got back abilities that grant people an option based on song lyrics. well one of them is based on lyrics. one is based on the drum mic setup as I sort of specifically referenced it in my flavor. the third set of choices is based on cpig admitting he has no idea what to do with my role (that is the one that includes a busdriver)

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

lih posted:

i'm not sure why you felt the need to hide keats using his power on you, given that keats had already hinted at that so much. didn't you say you didn't get the benefits from it last night due to a mod error though? what's the deal there?

if you ignore keats using his power on you, what's your read of him then?

I'm not doing scums homework for them

Yeah, mod told me "oops you got this but I forgot" when the day opened

I was reading keats as scum early on because he seemed a bit lazier than his usual play - and I was OMGUSing a bit when he was pressing me, but the interactions since have seemed townie to me and the scumhunting turned on towards the end of day 2.

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Zzyzx and YPM feel like the safest options to me right now; especially zzyzx. I am taking Joseph's stance into account (I will admit I don't understand it at this time) on Keats, but am still suspicious of him based on his play. I'm still suspicious of Oppo. I'm waffling on Voodoo, and Shark.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Here are the lyrics and i bolded the choice:

https://genius.com/Shellac-song-of-the-minerals-lyrics

quote:

Eat yourself out of house and home
Go home, there's nothing there because
You ate yourself out of house and home
Throw up, you do it again

Make a meal of nothing at all
Why?
It makes you feel better
The only thing in your life you own
It's alright
If it makes you feel better

[b]Cut yourself up and down your arms
- both arms
They're your arms
It's none of my business, it's
It's none of my business

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Like being obtuse and forcing people to read posts to figure out keats and I's interaction is good

As scum I am usually lazy as hell and forget all of town's powers and interactions, constantly being reminded of them and leaking out details of precisely how they work helps scum

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

eh the bold got hosed up basically first line of each section

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I’ll be so mad if voodoo actually is scum. Mainly at myself

##unvote

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

I will say this on Oppo: Similarly to how many (most?) players are not on Team ¿?, Team process-of-elimination is always hurting for players as well, but I proudly a member; we are on page 62.

lih
May 15, 2013

JosefStalinator posted:

I'm not doing scums homework for them

Yeah, mod told me "oops you got this but I forgot" when the day opened

I was reading keats as scum early on because he seemed a bit lazier than his usual play - and I was OMGUSing a bit when he was pressing me, but the interactions since have seemed townie to me and the scumhunting turned on towards the end of day 2.

i don't really see the scum-hunting turned on - he did vote fos (though that feels like it could have been bussing) but made quite bizarre and unexplained cases on binus and hambeet near the end of d2, and today he just omgused me and then voted voodoo without a reason.

JosefStalinator posted:

Johnny Keats posted:

I was also hoping you had like, also investigated me with that supercharged action but

Had I two actions, thats actually what I had intended to do!

if you have an investigative power, do you have any results to share from it? given that you're apparently not at immediate risk of dying?

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dominoes posted:

I will say this on Oppo: Similarly to how many (most?) players are not on Team ¿?, Team process-of-elimination is always hurting for players as well, but I proudly a member; we are on page 62.

is this code or am i having a stroke

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Thx for posting your AIM away message!

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

JosefStalinator posted:

is this code or am i having a stroke
A lack of posts by a given player that make me think "this player is a townie" is my favorite scum identifier.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

lih posted:

i don't really see the scum-hunting turned on - he did vote fos (though that feels like it could have been bussing) but made quite bizarre and unexplained cases on binus and hambeet near the end of d2, and today he just omgused me and then voted voodoo without a reason.

if you have an investigative power, do you have any results to share from it? given that you're apparently not at immediate risk of dying?

i do not

I can see the FoS vote being to build cred the next day since he was pretty safe at that point from execution - you think Keats did that, and then buffed me, to try and pocket me?

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Oh my god it's definitely not 62 pages.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I’m not going to be around for deadline. I don’t understand the voodoo push and, on top of that I won’t vote my lawyer.

##vote zztop

lih
May 15, 2013

JosefStalinator posted:

i do not

I can see the FoS vote being to build cred the next day since he was pretty safe at that point from execution - you think Keats did that, and then buffed me, to try and pocket me?

why don't you have any investigation results to share? actually, wait how did keats know you have an investigative power, i can't see where you mentioned that previously?

i think keats trying to pocket you is plausible enough, yeah

lih
May 15, 2013

but it now seems reasonably likely that josef & keats are scum together given that keats somehow seemed to know josef had an investigative role without josef ever mentioning that in thread from what i can tell?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Look I doubt I'll have time to read shark or anyone else before the deadline.

LIH case is good but I'm think zzyzx is scum and also just out of self preservation I wouldn't vote shark with no votes when I don't know if I'll be around to swap.

I have about 10 minutes before I might disappear I guess ask now if you have anything

lih
May 15, 2013

since it doesn't seem like we're executing keats ##vote zzyzx

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

lih posted:

but it now seems reasonably likely that josef & keats are scum together given that keats somehow seemed to know josef had an investigative role without josef ever mentioning that in thread from what i can tell?
I am having a hard time pulling meaningful information out of that interaction. It sounds like Joseph is underestimating how valuable semi-confirmed-town status can be compared to whatever boons are available, but I still don't understand the details. From posts, I read Joseph as town, and Keats as scum.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I will try to be around to swap votes at deadline as needed but I'd say those who aren't on voodoo / zzyzx should swap to one of them with about an hour to go here.

I'm not wild about how the vote has shifted from Keats to zzyzx and still prefer Voodoo, who has felt really hard to get votes for.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

1 hour lol

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tom Tucker posted:

I will try to be around to swap votes at deadline as needed but I'd say those who aren't on voodoo / zzyzx should swap to one of them with about an hour to go here.

I'm not wild about how the vote has shifted from Keats to zzyzx and still prefer Voodoo, who has felt really hard to get votes for.

I find the resistance to voodoo weird given that scum presumably have 3-4 votes to push someone

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dominoes posted:

I am having a hard time pulling meaningful information out of that interaction. It sounds like Joseph is underestimating how valuable semi-confirmed-town status can be compared to whatever boons are available, but I still don't understand the details. From posts, I read Joseph as town, and Keats as scum.

Do elaborate, I'm bad at playing town so mafia dad me

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Tom Tucker posted:

I'm doing the analysis as well, and I see 2 players I think are scum in both camps...

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

JosefStalinator posted:

Do elaborate, I'm bad at playing town so mafia dad me
I don't understand why you think Keats is town other than he gave you a boon.

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

This is probably mostly on me for poor reading comprehension...

lih
May 15, 2013

Tom Tucker posted:

how has voodoo been hard to get votes for? he's had more votes than anyone today?

lih
May 15, 2013

Dominoes posted:

it seems weird for keats to just be able to guess that josef has an investigative power without josef mentioning anything about it from what i can tell

josef was your investigative power from the subsubgame boon? i don't think anyone actually claimed what the subgame/subsubgame boons are yet?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Voodoofly (5): b-minus1, Johnny Keats, JosefStalinator, zzyzx, Tom Tucker, Illusionis, b-minus1
zzyzx (5): Dominoes, Dominoes, Voodoofly, Dominoes, Jose Valasquez, Your Personal Muse, lih
JosefStalinator (3): Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous
lih (2): Johnny Keats, sharkmafia, Opopanax, Johnny Keats
Johnny Keats (1): lih, PhantomMuzzles, Dominoes, Your Personal Muse, Dominoes, Your Personal Muse, lih
Opopanax (0): JosefStalinator, JosefStalinator
Jose Valasquez (0): Illusionis, Illusionis
PhantomMuzzles (0): Johnny Keats, Johnny Keats
sharkmafia (0): lih, lih, Illusionis, Illusionis

Not Voting (1): b-minus1

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 22nd, 2024 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 51 minutes.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Tom Tucker posted:

Saladscooper claimed the result - has since flipped town.
JoseF: said "oh?" but didn't vote, Saladscooper said they hated this reaction, I do too.
Dominoes votes without content. Still Alive.
FoS votes saying "yup that's a scum result". Dead, flipped scum.
Sandwolf votes without context.
Saladscooper votes, has since flipped town.
Keats votes "Tubro lol", still alive.
Voodoofly does not vote but says "consider this a vote on YPM but did other weird things happens". This both pushes the execution of YPM without getting a vote down in the votefinder, again if I hadn't looked through the thread context I'd have missed it.

So that's one scum, one town, and 3 still alive who were pushing the turbo hard. We already see FoS was eager to do so - jumping on a town power role result you know is wrong is a super easy way to execute town. Cooler heads finally prevailed after more info came out, but this turbo to me reeks to high heavens. I suspect multiple scum are on it. Voodoo's note to me is the most suspicious - he pushes the execution but without a paper trail while also hinting at what the scum would already know, that the night actions that night were all messed up (they would know this from the scum result on YPM which they were clearly eager to turbo).

Bminus is one of the first voices of reason - I get very town vibes from bminus.

##vote voodoofly

why do you find me more suspicious than dom or Keats here?

Also I'm just going to be blunt I think every case on me is pretty lovely. Nobody has talked about me outing the lake masonry or immediately claiming the tokes kill it's just super cherry picked things or nothing at all. Like even after we went back and forth and you see my other info about not voting YPM and asking people to claim redirector stuff its still just "huh nobody will vote voodoo with my lovely cases must be scum huh?"

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

I will be that guy: Can someone spell out for me the Joseph/Keats boon/clearing thing? (Maybe tomorrow actually; don't want to derail this)

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

##Vote zzyx

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dominoes posted:

I will be that guy: Can someone spell out for me the Joseph/Keats boon/clearing thing? (Maybe tomorrow actually; don't want to derail this)

It's not a clear - Keats said he would buff me, it happened. I'd rather let him live to keep helping town and go for someone else. I recognize I could be pocketed in this regard

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Oh god I am paranoid now.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

##Vote voodoofly

Haha that was a joke and I'm a little scared of a like 2-man scumeush to hold there for too long but that reaction makes me think dominoes is town actually

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

lih posted:

it seems weird for keats to just be able to guess that josef has an investigative power without josef mentioning anything about it from what i can tell

josef was your investigative power from the subsubgame boon? i don't think anyone actually claimed what the subgame/subsubgame boons are yet?

This is a good point - I think Keats was guessing it, but now I have to re read if anyone revealed the lake boons in greater detail

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Why did you think I had a cop Keats?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Johnny Keats posted:

##Vote voodoofly

Haha that was a joke and I'm a little scared of a like 2-man scumeush to hold there for too long but that reaction makes me think dominoes is town actually

ok yeah LIH I think you are right about keats