Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kuskus

no matter how modern, algorithmic and high anxiety things seem now, there were times when the content purity was high and not sullied with ads and cookies. no comments, no hot takes everything stood on its own in a vacuum.

things you canít find on any search engine, but you know if you typed in the URL on archive.org, and went back many years, the purity is still there.

what are yours?

here are three examples Iíll never forget

I purchased a concert ticket from a person from a news group, and when I met them they shouted their domain names at me to go and check out. when I got back to my computer and typed it in, I was met with Looney Tunes gifs, pictures of cats, and a riveting piano performance about postpartum depression from the person I had just met.

recently I emailed them to say, hey I never forgot that video, and they responded that they are making videos again all these years later.
here is one:

https://youtu.be/DMaCbcMHKmw?si=DsWQPnMQNYY2BCDv

another:
periodic pictures of a turtle named Pooper, seemingly of Nordic origin, available at pooper.com which I would never ever type in now

finally:
blog of a man who sewed flank steak into a the lining of diaper and rode a bicycle up and down the on-ramp of an interstate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kuskus

Akratic Method posted:

This (well, this channel anyway) eventually got turned into a TV show called China, IL which was kind of hit or miss but was really great when it hit.

One thing that stuck with me from China, IL was a throwaway joke in the background. There was a Dennyís-shaped sign that read, ďDin-Dinís Senior SupperĒ and I canít find evidence of it anywhere but I remember it like every five minutes.