Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Naramyth posted:

Made myself a Manhattan.

Seemed appropriate for the venue.

Oooh good call

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Naramyth posted:

Made myself a Manhattan.

Seemed appropriate for the venue.

Have a Dark and Stormy as a followup.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Funnily enough 34 is my lucky number and has been since I was very young

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Funnily enough 34 is my lucky number and has been since I was very young

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Swin has good sources and lol

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/trump-thought-juror-would-save-him-from-conviction-1235030249/

quote:

For a brief moment, Donald Trump allowed himself a glimmer of hope.

For much of the past year, lawyers to Trump had counseled their client that it was basically a foregone conclusion that the jury in his Manhattan trial would convict the former president, as they did early Thursday evening.

Throughout the trial, the Trump team claimed that the jury pool in a deeply Democratic New York City prevented the former president from receiving a fair trial. The claims fell on deaf ears at New York’s State Supreme Court, which rejected Trump’s appeal to have the case moved elsewhere. But the arguments, which several members of the Trump legal team firmly believed, helped convince them that conviction was inevitable.

That is, until smiles from one juror sent hearts aflutter among Trump aides.

In recent weeks, some on the legal team, including the president himself, convinced themselves that one of the jurors might have actually been on their side.

Body language from the juror throughout the trial, studied closed by the former president’s counselors, led some to believe that the juror was warming to the defense’s views. The warm smiles and tics, they hoped, suggested that there could be a hung jury that would help Trump evade conviction.

According to two people familiar with the matter, Trump’s faith in the amateur body language analysis of the supposedly MAGA-curious juror was so pronounced that at times he took to calling them “my juror” in discussions with close allies.

Even as the jury deliberated, some in Trumpland were still assessing whether or not they had a diehard supporter on the panel. “I think the juror is going to get beat up in the jury room,” one Trump adviser said to Rolling Stone shortly before news of the verdict hit, wondering “how strong” the juror would be.

In the end, any glimmer of hope Trump had was misplaced. The 12 Manhattan residents chose not just to convict Trump, but convicted him across all 34 counts in his original indictment.

Another Trump adviser, moments after the verdict came down, summarized the situation for Rolling Stone. “The ‘Trump juror’ wasn’t Trumpy enough I guess!” the adviser wrote in a message.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Into my veinssssssss

For drink choice, I was deciding between a nice blod mead, an Islay scotch, or High West bourbon. Ended up going with the High West. Today was a good day.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://x.com/itsJeffTiedrich/status/1796287230354309483/history

crazyivan45
Apr 30, 2008
Jim Beam Devils Cut and some fantastic weed over here. Finally sold my drat house so now I have 2 (or 35) reasons to celebrate tonight!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Dug out the bottle of Scapa the Orcadian from the back of the cabinet. Same thing I celebrated my first book's publishing with.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Put this juror up on Mount Rushmore :patriot:

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

My former favorite nickname for ARE PRESIDENT was Donny from Queens but now I think I'm gonna go with Donald 'Guilty on all counts' Trump

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This is some real mafia "I wanted you to know it was me who gave the order" poo poo.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

quote:

“The ‘Trump juror’ wasn’t Trumpy enough I guess!”

Quite the contrary, getting someone's hopes up that you'll have their back and then completely hanging them out to dry is an extremely Trumpy move.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Nice/facialimpediment- Is the sentencing delayed by the inevitable bitchfit appeal or does it go down either way?

Other way around - anyone's appeal, even Trump's, can't start until they're sentenced.
But he could file a motion to set aside the verdict which l think would have to be heard before sentencing.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Flikken posted:

I mean, it is not going to sway any voters that he dropped a N bomb 25 years ago.

Political analysts call them Hard R voters

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Oh god imagine the mental orgasm that jury had trolling our big wet boy.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

:sickos:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

My favorite img of the evening.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Lmao

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/AlTonno1/status/1796287455642910840

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
https://www.thebeaverton.com/2024/0...A4TXvwk3phH6wRG

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://x.com/acnewsitics/status/1796265889693925880

Anybody else think Trey Gowdy looks like Peanut from Jeff Dunham's dumbass menagerie o' ventriloquism?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Today we are all New Yorkers.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

A Bad King posted:

Accountability. Against a rich piece of poo poo? In America? For a crime that did not harm the wealth or person of a rich person? What.

Trump did a huge amount of damage to rich peoples bottom line, it was just buried under all the other poo poo.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Woodchip posted:

Finally won the popular vote

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

M_Gargantua posted:

Trump did a huge amount of damage to rich peoples bottom line, it was just buried under all the other poo poo.

I bet a bunch made a small fortune off of him. Hell if I had money to invest at the time, you probably couldn't go wrong waiting for him to crater the market by saying something stupid, buying in, and reselling in 2 weeks when everyone forgot about the stupid thing he said.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Milo and POTUS posted:

I bet a bunch made a small fortune off of him. Hell if I had money to invest at the time, you probably couldn't go wrong waiting for him to crater the market by saying something stupid, buying in, and reselling in 2 weeks when everyone forgot about the stupid thing he said.

Wall Street is about to bet the absolute loving farm on Trump for the election because the Trump tax cuts are sunsetting next year. He's also outright telling them to donate to his campaign and he'll kill regulations and extend the tax cuts.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/05/28/trump-wealthy-donors-fundraising/

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://twitter.com/Cpl_Dont_Know/status/1796320436923596947

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Beautiful.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hang it in the fuckin' Louvre.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Milo and POTUS posted:

Political analysts call them Hard R voters

Just want to let you know how much I love this and will steal this.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Fox News is going nanners and I think Sean Hannity might pull a budd dwyer soon

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

Fox News is going nanners and I think Sean Hannity might pull a budd dwyer soon

It would be more coherent if they could decide whether (a) trump didn't commit the crime, (b) he did it but it wasn't a crime, (c) rich people should be allowed to do some crimes without consequence as a treat, or (d) a former president (but actually just trump) should be immune to prosecution.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The New York Times has the opportunity to do the funniest thing with one page of their newspaper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

trump has more convictions than i do