Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

This is probably more appropriate on May Day, on the reaction to the recent protests

I can't really parse that statement - who do you want to take the moral high ground? Universities?

Mustang posted:

So what's Biden going to do about the way these student protestors are being treated? Every new development around the genocide in Gaza just makes me want to vote for him even less. At this rate in a few months I'll be out in the street trying to convince people not to vote for genocide Joe.

Not sure he really wants a second term, he is an old man after all.

Old zionists would rather lose the presidency to Trump than give an inch on their eager support for genocide.

Why would the President of the United States be your go-to on this?

Grip it and rip it fucked around with this message at 17:53 on May 1, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

windshipper posted:

JEWS WILL NOT REPLACE US was a loving common chant in a specific moment of pro-Trump voters, and yet… how did we get here?

White nationalists never miss a chance to pit two groups against one another?

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
President Biden still hasn't gotten me my student loan forgiveness so I'm voting for RFKjr

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Mustang posted:

Lmao called out?

I vote Democrat in every single election, whether general, midterm or special. Democrats couldnt ask for a more loyal voter. Certainly more dependable than the squishy moderates that only show up to general elections but loving love them some genocide.

It's on Biden to convince people he deserves a second term and he doesnt seem to be trying very hard.

There are two wars going on, along with a series of unprecedented DoJ investigations, with a split congress and conservative supreme court. I'm not sure what your expectations for "proving you want a second term" are but the whole American experiment is on the verge of running off the rails and falling into an unrecoverable nose dive, if we're not already there.

Biden is doing a pretty drat good job, all things considered. Unfortunately its a lot easier for the Republicans to break up the nation than it is for the Dems to try and put it back together.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Edit - wrong thread

Grip it and rip it fucked around with this message at 09:32 on May 9, 2024

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Just stay away from DC? It's not like the whole country is going to descend into civil war at the close of polling in November.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
I uh, don't think most of that is going to happen.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Yeah... packing the courts isn't going to be a solution, it's just going to further exaggerate the many constitutional crisis that we are experiencing in this country. There is no magical fix for the composition of the court, that's precisely why the Rs loaded it up the way they did.

At this point our only real hope is getting a large enough D consensus to pass laws that amend SCOTUS decisions, or (yeah right) impeach some of the more egregious justices. Beyond that the court is something that progressives will be contending with for the rest of our natural lives.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

A.o.D. posted:

Noooo! You must participate in the trolley problem!

Edit: that's a bit more flippant than I intended, but that's basically what this election is. Do I pull the lever and choose to kill?

In my personal situation my vote is meaningless. My state WILL vote red. But I didn't lay the tracks, I didn't tie the people down, and I didn't set the trolley in motion. Why must I become an active participant in evil?

You live in the USA and benefit from the evil. Not voting just means you're complicit with the status quo.

Mustang posted:

I fully agree, Trump would be a disaster for not only our country but the world.

Which makes it all the more insane that "moderates" refuse to budge even an inch to the left away from the full-throated support of the horrors Israel inflicts upon the Palestinians every day.

Because if the anti-genocide voter is really that important, then they could absolutely "compromise" with people that find genocide repulsive.

Or is the average "moderate" American really just that loving depraved that asking them to stop supporting genocide is too much to ask for? That their zealous support for Israel is worth risking the future of the country and the world?

Why don't you ask some middle Americans instead of posting this stuff here? The vast vast majority of the people on SA dont support Israel or US policy, but this seems to be where everyone wants to talk about how stupid liberals are. They can't hear you here.

Grip it and rip it fucked around with this message at 04:19 on May 24, 2024

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Edit : Also going to election thread.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
There were the last 5 or 6 holdouts who were crying and begging on livestream while people told them to gtfo of the reserve. It was pretty hilarious. I believe they all surrendered and got some pretty friendly plea offers.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Didn't Morgan Spurlock write a confession and apology for his sexual misconduct and resign from his leadership position at his company?

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Sounds like a continuation of what they did to New Orleans. It's a loving travesty and a step towards undermining the constitutional rights of children to an equal education.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Platystemon posted:

Trump preempted criticism here by saluting a North Korean general as the sitting president of the United States.

Nothing can ever top that.

Did he? I recall it as a notable misstep, among a Presidency that was littered with demeaning moments for the nation.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Anyone tracking how long it takes for the Trump jury to return their verdict? So e kind of wriggle alert?

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

bird food bathtub posted:

I just don't see probation as something that can work with someone as brain-broke as Trump. You could tell him the terms of his probation are "do everything you would normally do with no limitations" and he'd still find a way to break the terms just because gently caress you that's why.

He's hardly the first defendant to be faced with this issue. Frankly I really hope we get to see the entire trainwreck unfold. gently caress DJT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH posted:

Putting the cart before the horse here-

Does his belligerence and court misconduct weigh heavily in the sentencing phase? I was lead to believe worst case he'd get probation, but does calling the judge a Biden fake news election stealer turn his mole hill into a mountain?

It certainly doesn't help, generally. Hopefully we will get the see what exactly it reaps in Trump's case