Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

You should do the needful and call in and out overrated and say whataburger should be renamed whatabadburger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Stravag posted:

You should do the needful and call in and out overrated and say whataburger should be renamed whatabadburger

Yes and no imo

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Soul Dentist posted:

I'm gonna get Tudor's Biscuit World today

They'd be worth going to Ohio for if they weren't in WV

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Kazinsal posted:

Lee's in Esquimalt? That place is great. One of two joints in Victoria I really miss (the other being the venerable Red Barn Market chain with their extremely cheap build-your-own-enormous-sandwich bars).

in campbell river. unfortunately i wont be able to make it out to victoria, i only have a limited time here and my plan is to hit up tofino this weekend

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Here's some shocking news - SCOTUS overturned the fifth and upheld the ban on firearms possessions when someone has a domestic violence restraining order against them.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mr. Nice! posted:

Here's some shocking news - SCOTUS overturned the fifth and upheld the ban on firearms possessions when someone has a domestic violence restraining order against them.

Here's some unshocking news: the lone dissent was Thomas.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Mr. Nice! posted:

I had a real giggle that it was an 8-1, which means as evergreen:

https://x.com/edsbs/status/1484180834257092608?t=yJh7u3zO_TXzhityS7XGqA&s=19

The subject of a case was a real, real, real piece of poo poo. Enough so that the court did their clarification dance on Bruen that a historically-adjacent legal substance is just fine to make valid a 2nd amendment restriction, not just an actual law. Thomas basically said gently caress you, no law on the books so give the guns back to drug-dealing rear end in a top hat actively shooting at drat near everyone he meets.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

The subject of a case was a real, real, real piece of poo poo. Enough so that the court did their clarification dance on Bruen that a historically-adjacent legal substance is just fine to make valid a 2nd amendment restriction, not just an actual law. Thomas basically said gently caress you, no law on the books so give the guns back to drug-dealing rear end in a top hat actively shooting at drat near everyone he meets.

Thomas actually appears to narrow in on the lack of due process to determine the applicability of the federal law to the restraining order which isnít quite off the wall as I was expecting from Thomas.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

stealie72 posted:

Ooh, finally a local chain I know and can call overrated. . .

But their various fried things are pretty drat good. Onion rings and a vanilla shake hit just right sometimes.

Disagree I think the burgers are the best out there but the onion rings are just kinda okay

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010
Av blanked by Admin request.
https://x.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1804152748985753842?t=SwGA4cPJj4OiT8yRlsG5aw&s=19

The Party of Whatever Tumbles out of His Mouth.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

CBJSprague24 posted:

The Party of Whatever Tumbles out of His Mouth.

Yeah, it's a 2016 Hillary Clinton idea! Notably one Donnie didn't even touch during his four years because they're essentially desperate to memory hole all four of those years.

It's a lot like Donnie's brilliant idea to make tips non-taxable, or replace all income taxes with megatarriffs. With the college idea, basically every university turns into a green card mill unless it's regulated right (lol if you think Donnie would do anything right).

In the tips idea, there would be a whole lot of fuckery on the management side to gently caress around with non-tipped income and making drat near everything tipped. On the megatarriffs - turns out that would be a gigantic tax increase on consumers (workers) and a gigantic tax cut on the rich when the income tax dies!

Dave Weigel covered a lot of it here: Donnie's trying to do a ton of flip-flops without the backlash https://www.semafor.com/article/06/14/2024/trumps-splashy-campaign-promises-have-an-odd-common-thread

Which mostly happens, as even his supporters don't believe a word of what he says!

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
I am kinda curious about legal definition of university, too --- I think accreditation institutions are generally non-governmental? Huh, I guess the civil service must have some notion when it comes to joba with degree requirements?

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE
Wtf is an AA degree?

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Associates of Arts?

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

fresh_cheese posted:

Wtf is an AA degree?

Associate of Arts

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

fresh_cheese posted:

Wtf is an AA degree?

12-semester program.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Midjack posted:

12-semester program.

:golfclap:

facialimpediment posted:

I'm glad the Court ruled the way it did, but if they didn't, I would have hoped there would have been a way to prevent this rear end in a top hat in particular from owning firearms because he's exactly the type of piece of poo poo who shouldn't be around guns.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

My favorite part of Qual being in the Guard was finding out how many had DV Protective Orders, and weren't allowed around guns.

"If they can't be around guns, why are they still in the military?"

I dunno. Why was my 1SG on the sex offender list and still in-and promoted! after conviction?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

bulletsponge13 posted:

I dunno. Why was my 1SG on the sex offender list and still in-and promoted! after conviction?

what on loving earth

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Kesper North posted:

what on loving earth

It's who you know.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

bulletsponge13 posted:

It's who you know.

I hate it here

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
:stare: When I was in the ANG they told us that a DV conviction would likely be disqualifying for re-enlistment...

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Stravag posted:

Burger Fuel is nzs contribution, and a good one it is too

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

bulletsponge13 posted:

My favorite part of Qual being in the Guard was finding out how many had DV Protective Orders, and weren't allowed around guns.

"If they can't be around guns, why are they still in the military?"

Do you know what kind of offense he commited? Those lists sometimes capture not-so-horrible people

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

A quick 6 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1UT6kHRWXc

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Midjack posted:

12-semester program.

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

CommieGIR posted:

:stare: When I was in the ANG they told us that a DV conviction would likely be disqualifying for re-enlistment...

What, do you want to get rid of nearly 40% of the national guards nco's and officers?