Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glue is a feature, not a bug
Pillbug

bird food bathtub posted:

If anyone wants some hearty lols at a despicable shitstain of humanity, Alex Jones is apparently having a real one.

Over the weekend he was apparently so drunk on air that it appears the co-hosts turned the camera around off of him so he could vomit in the studio. The co-hosts didn't even bat an eye at this and seemed to have some practice at it, and for someone with as much of an apparent alcohol problem and tolerance as he has to be that drunk it must have been a real solid bender at a high rate of intake.

It gets better.

He then apparently slept in the studio overnight, claiming after the fact the justification was that he had to do it to protect the studio after god gave him psychic vibes through his bodyguard (or some poo poo, it was really confusing what the gently caress he was saying) that his court-mandated restructuring officer was going to be sending law enforcement to shut down the studio and change the locks but good old Jones' knows the law and if he's there in the studio nothing can be done because he's just protecting his property or, again, some poo poo. Anyway he has multiple recording of the restructuring officer taken in secret that he played live on air before going into a profanity laced tirade. I hear people in the legal profession enjoy having secret recording of them taken.

We aren't done yet.

On Sunday he took a flat-earther guest on the show that he was extraordinarily hostile towards, which resulted in the new catchphrase going around "They burn to the loving ground, Eddie!". It makes about the same amount of sense listening to it live, but is a lot funnier. At some point he had what could probably be considered a nervous breakdown for a normal person. Blubbering in tears and all, but which, Alex being Alex, was probably faked to get more clicks and hock more dick pills as it doesn't seem he actually was crying and he's done this poo poo before.

Almost there.

So it came out around Sunday evening to mid-day Monday that all of this was maybe prompted by him getting notice that the lawyers for the families suing the gently caress out of him for the Sandy Hook poo poo have finally given up playing his bullshit games, and the courts are apparently agreeing with them, and are moving to have his corporation liquidated since he refuses to do anything, at all, period, resembling making progress with his bankruptcy proceedings that are being used to hold off collection of their judgement.

So, yeah. I think I have that right, it's been a wild loving weekend and I might have the chronology of some stuff mixed up. If you have nothing better to do for an entire evening than laugh at a hateful rear end in a top hat coming apart at the seams the Knowledge Fight guys have an almost 4 hour podcast episode covering it so far, because poo poo is apparently still happening with Alex. I'm doing about an hour a night and enjoying every minute of it.

https://knowledgefight.libsyn.com/

Yeah the courts already started going after the shell companies Jones was actively shifting funds to, including the one his parents run. It seems like his days are numbered financially.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah the courts already started going after the shell companies Jones was actively shifting funds to, including the one his parents run. It seems like his days are numbered financially.

It really takes half of forever to collect on court judgments, with all of the legal wrangling, ordering of creditors, and such. You're kind of seeing that too with Giuliani and to some extent the civil judgment against Donnie.

But half of forever eventually happens. And when it does, there are lots and lots of involved parties that suddenly have the backing of governments and law.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

They also specifically went after the youngest juror - a 23 year old woman. There definitely was an intended intimidation message here.

Here’s a thread from the reporter with more details

https://x.com/deenafaywinter/status/1797623367157322205?s=46

Also, this must suck

https://x.com/deenafaywinter/status/1797745478601490609?s=46

There's a mechanism by which sequestered jurors can get necessities and clothing. It's a solved problem. Source: I was a sequestered jurors once.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

A.o.D. posted:

There's a mechanism by which sequestered jurors can get necessities and clothing. It's a solved problem. Source: I was a sequestered jurors once.

Itís the Feds so Iím sure the US Marshals are better organized than some random countyís sheriff department too. Still, showing up one day in the middle of the trial and randomly being sequestered has to suck.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'm surprised the orange one didn't do this.

lol with trump bucks

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

It’s the Feds so I’m sure the US Marshals are better organized than some random county’s sheriff department too. Still, showing up one day in the middle of the trial and randomly being sequestered has to suck.

It's an inconvenience, but as long as the judge isn't Lance Ito they should be fine.

MonkeyFit
May 13, 2009

A.o.D. posted:

Just out of curiosity, what kind of case was it?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

re erik prince chat: I dont expect anyone to get hung for treason in my lifetime, but if I had to bet money on someone to commit that level of treason, erik prince would be on the very short list. probably tied with flynn

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Herstory Begins Now posted:

re erik prince chat: I dont expect anyone to get hung for treason in my lifetime, but if I had to bet money on someone to commit that level of treason, erik prince would be on the very short list. probably tied with flynn

Treason doth never prosper...

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Huh, apparently I'm treasonous

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

MonkeyFit posted:

Just out of curiosity, what kind of case was it?

A rather gruesome and completely senseless murder.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

A.o.D. posted:

A rather gruesome and completely senseless murder.

Oh, so was your sequestration caused by excessive local media attention?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Some light embezzlement may have been committed by the mercurial enigma Elon Reeve Musk.

Elon Musk ordered Nvidia to ship thousands of AI chips reserved for Tesla to X and xAI

quote:

On Tesla's first-quarter earnings call in April, Musk said the electric vehicle company will increase the number of active H100s ó Nvidia's flagship artificial intelligence chip ó from 35,000 to 85,000 by the end of this year. He also wrote in a post on X a few days later that Tesla would spend $10 billion this year "in combined training and inference AI."

But emails written by Nvidia senior staff and widely shared inside the company suggest that Musk presented an exaggerated picture of Tesla's procurement to shareholders. Correspondence from Nvidia staffers also indicates that Musk diverted a sizable shipment of AI processors that had been reserved for Tesla to his social media company X, formerly known as Twitter.

quote:

Musk hasn't been shy about intermingling corporate resources among his companies.

For example, following his buyout of Twitter, Musk enlisted dozens of Autopilot software engineers and other technical and administrative employees from Tesla to help him make sweeping changes at the company. Some employees even work for two Musk companies at once.

At xAI, Musk has also attracted employees away from Tesla, including machine-learning scientist Ethan Knight, and at least four other former Tesla employees who had been involved in Autopilot and big data projects there before joining the startup.

A former Tesla supply chain analyst, who asked not to be named in order to discuss sensitive matters, told CNBC that Musk has always considered his companies as an extension of his persona and believed he can do whatever he wants with them. That includes Tesla's 2016 acquisition of SolarCity, where he was chairman and a top shareholder.

However, the person said, redirecting a large shipment of chips from Tesla to X is extreme, given the scarcity of Nvidia's technology. The decision means the automaker willingly gave up precious time that could have been used to build out its supercomputer cluster in Texas or New York and advance the models behind its self-driving software and robotics.

In a post on X following publication of this story, Musk wrote, "Tesla had no place to send the Nvidia chips to turn them on, so they would have just sat in the warehouse." He said the "south extension" of the Texas Gigafactory will soon "house 50k H100s" for training of self-driving technology.

Musk later added that, of Tesla's $10 billion in "AI-related expenditures" this year, $3 billion to $4 billion will go to purchasing Nvidia hardware.

The really funny possibility here would be if Musk didnít just give Teslaís place in line to his private companies, but rather the original order through Tesla was a sham purchase and he always intended for those processing units to go to Twitter and xAI.

https://twitter.com/AnnMLipton/status/1798018777071984769

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jun 5, 2024

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

OddObserver posted:

Oh, so was your sequestration caused by excessive local media attention?

Don't know. We were sequestered immediately after selection.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Platystemon posted:

The really funny possibility here would be if Musk didnít just give Teslaís place in line to his private companies, but rather the original order through Tesla was a sham purchase and he always intended for those processing units to go to Twitter and xAI.

well uhhhhhhhh <30 sec pause> you see, uhhhhh, they're the same thing, what with X being the everything app and xAI, as an AGI will be able to do car navigation as well as any other task

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

him and half of west michigan hopefully.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009

Stultus Maximus posted:

Treason doth never prosper...

The traitors and slavers of 1776 seemed to prosper.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Baconroll posted:

The traitors and slavers of 1776 seemed to prosper.

gently caress, the traitors and slavers of 1861 ended up mostly alright after a few years even

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/JSchogol73030/status/1798354512299905510

Should have made a better offering to Poseidon for good WX

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Eisenhower's ghost said that poo poo won't float on his watch, son.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Also funny.
https://x.com/MichaelStahlke/status/1798365883221655607

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/JSchogol73030/status/1798354512299905510

Should have made a better offering to Poseidon for good WX

Isn't a weather delay historically accurate? :haw:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Mentioned this before, but the Georgia RICO trial on Trump is really, really dead now:

https://x.com/kyledcheney/status/1798451096760779209?t=rQaSsQoFAPoatxLleuPVIw&s=19

So that leaves J6 and the documents. J6 is paused pending the supreme court loving with that schedule. Documents is basically paused indefinitely, as Chudge Cannon is doing goofy poo poo like scheduling and listening to amicus briefings from Federalist Society bozos on the legality of the special counsel statutes.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

facialimpediment posted:

Mentioned this before, but the Georgia RICO trial on Trump is really, really dead now:

https://x.com/kyledcheney/status/1798451096760779209?t=rQaSsQoFAPoatxLleuPVIw&s=19

So that leaves J6 and the documents. J6 is paused pending the supreme court loving with that schedule. Documents is basically paused indefinitely, as Chudge Cannon is doing goofy poo poo like scheduling and listening to amicus briefings from Federalist Society bozos on the legality of the special counsel statutes.

I hope Willis feels at least somewhat bad that she came at the king but stopped along the way to get her rocks off.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glue is a feature, not a bug
Pillbug

Stultus Maximus posted:

I hope Willis feels at least somewhat bad that she came at the king but stopped along the way to get her rocks off.

They would do this anyways, nearly all of this has been a song and dance to get the Georgia GOP to derail the case and Trump's lawyers actions during the first appeal against Willis showed that much.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

CommieGIR posted:

They would do this anyways, nearly all of this has been a song and dance to get the Georgia GOP to derail the case and Trump's lawyers actions during the first appeal against Willis showed that much.

True, but she didn't need to use her own van to bring the band to the dance.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

joat mon posted:

True, but she didn't need to use her own van to bring the band to the dance.

Yeah, the "hiring and overpaying a crony contractor that she also spent time boning" might not be against Georgia ethics laws, but that says more about Georgia's ethics laws. Also, going the hyper-convoluted RICO route also likely hosed things, just due to the amount of time a regular Georgia RICO case takes. It's been noted that Donnie gets some of the most absurd luck between timing and how his enemies with balls enough to challenge him tend to trip over them.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

With enemies like these who needs friends

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

System working as intended; wontfix lmao

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

On Sunday he took a flat-earther guest on the show that he was extraordinarily hostile towards, which resulted in the new catchphrase going around "They burn to the loving ground, Eddie!". It makes about the same amount of sense listening to it live, but is a lot funnier.

The best part of this is it was Eddie doing to Alex what Alex does to anyone else's show he gets an appearance on. Pushing an insane narrative and going, "buy my book/documentary ". And the only reason he let's Eddie on is he's one of Joe Rogans friends and Alex is a relentless starfucker. It's great and the knowledge fight crew should be on national TV with how hard they shame trad medias mental laziness and lack of curiosity.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
BREAKING: Ronald Wilson Reagan has been burning in Hell for twenty years today.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Geeeeeeeeeettttttt

https://x.com/kyledcheney/status/1798751070996373532?t=DZnUR5J1lqtEwW5dqrth8A&s=19

fffffuuuuuuucccccked

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Well that's a nice surprise.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
The way Bannon looks I'm always surprised to hear that he's not dead.

I'm not sure if the pokey is gonna make him better or finish him off.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

not caring here posted:

The way Bannon looks I'm always surprised to hear that he's not dead.

I'm not sure if the pokey is gonna make him better or finish him off.

Are we absolutely certain Bannon is a human being and not an anthropomorphization of the concept of cirrhosis?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Are we absolutely certain Bannon is a human being and not an anthropomorphization of the concept of cirrhosis?

Possible.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Holy poo poo detoxing in prison is gonna kill him.

lol

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010
Av blanked by Admin request.
These people took out a quarter-page ad in The Columbus Dispatch:

http://trumpisjody.com/

facialimpediment posted:

I hope that was the best lovin' Fani ever had in her life, because it sure has hosed everything else.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Her failure of judgment is trivial compared to the decades of criminal behavior by Trump, a man that seems completely impervious to being held accountable for anything in his entire life.

America doesn't have what it takes to deal with someone like Trump, year after year after year he continues to skate by and has successfully convinced a huge chunk of white people that it's actually him that's the victim.

Lock his rear end up, let his degenerate followers riot and throw their rear end in jail too.

The trend of this country for my entire life is just watching everything get worse by the year, while our idiot countrymen get worked up about the dumbest poo poo imaginable.

America cant fix anything, just kick the can down the road until eventually everything just falls apart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010
Av blanked by Admin request.
https://x.com/patriottakes/status/1798496503138599008