Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glue is a feature, not a bug
Pillbug

Mr. Nice! posted:

I havenít had a primary care doctor since January because my old one left for a much higher paying and less stressful job.

Same, there's a local clinic I use and they keep telling me I need a Primary Care Doctor but every doctor I try isn't taking new patients.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

bird food bathtub posted:

If anyone wants some hearty lols at a despicable shitstain of humanity, Alex Jones is apparently having a real one.

Over the weekend he was apparently so drunk on air that it appears the co-hosts turned the camera around off of him so he could vomit in the studio. The co-hosts didn't even bat an eye at this and seemed to have some practice at it, and for someone with as much of an apparent alcohol problem and tolerance as he has to be that drunk it must have been a real solid bender at a high rate of intake.

It gets better.

He then apparently slept in the studio overnight, claiming after the fact the justification was that he had to do it to protect the studio after god gave him psychic vibes through his bodyguard (or some poo poo, it was really confusing what the gently caress he was saying) that his court-mandated restructuring officer was going to be sending law enforcement to shut down the studio and change the locks but good old Jones' knows the law and if he's there in the studio nothing can be done because he's just protecting his property or, again, some poo poo. Anyway he has multiple recording of the restructuring officer taken in secret that he played live on air before going into a profanity laced tirade. I hear people in the legal profession enjoy having secret recording of them taken.

We aren't done yet.

On Sunday he took a flat-earther guest on the show that he was extraordinarily hostile towards, which resulted in the new catchphrase going around "They burn to the loving ground, Eddie!". It makes about the same amount of sense listening to it live, but is a lot funnier. At some point he had what could probably be considered a nervous breakdown for a normal person. Blubbering in tears and all, but which, Alex being Alex, was probably faked to get more clicks and hock more dick pills as it doesn't seem he actually was crying and he's done this poo poo before.

Almost there.

So it came out around Sunday evening to mid-day Monday that all of this was maybe prompted by him getting notice that the lawyers for the families suing the gently caress out of him for the Sandy Hook poo poo have finally given up playing his bullshit games, and the courts are apparently agreeing with them, and are moving to have his corporation liquidated since he refuses to do anything, at all, period, resembling making progress with his bankruptcy proceedings that are being used to hold off collection of their judgement.

So, yeah. I think I have that right, it's been a wild loving weekend and I might have the chronology of some stuff mixed up. If you have nothing better to do for an entire evening than laugh at a hateful rear end in a top hat coming apart at the seams the Knowledge Fight guys have an almost 4 hour podcast episode covering it so far, because poo poo is apparently still happening with Alex. I'm doing about an hour a night and enjoying every minute of it.

https://knowledgefight.libsyn.com/

Yeah the courts already started going after the shell companies Jones was actively shifting funds to, including the one his parents run. It seems like his days are numbered financially.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Stultus Maximus posted:

I hope Willis feels at least somewhat bad that she came at the king but stopped along the way to get her rocks off.

They would do this anyways, nearly all of this has been a song and dance to get the Georgia GOP to derail the case and Trump's lawyers actions during the first appeal against Willis showed that much.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/06/media/alex-jones-assets-sandy-hook/index.html

Looks like Sandy Hook parent's lawyers got what they wanted - Jones is likely to lose ownership of Infowars in liquidation. Infowars won't go away, but he won't directly own it anymore.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Well that loving blows.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Mustang posted:

Nah. They just invited a war criminal to address congress.

There is no red line Israel can cross that will cost them their support and Israel knows that.

Neither party is going to address that, because that's a larger fuckup of US Geopolitics.

Mustang posted:

My question for "moderate" Democrat voters is this: is supporting the genocide of Palestinians more important for your Democrat vote than protecting American democracy?

And so far, that answer is "I will compromise on absolutely nothing when it comes to supporting Israel".

Whether it's Israel or immigration moderate Americans are more than willing to compromise with the right, why is compromise with the left unacceptable to them?

Their refusal to compromise when it comes to genocide makes me think that they don't earnestly believe that Trump is an apocalyptic threat to the country.

I understand that Obama and Biden make it seem like red lines are just a performative fiction, but they aren't for everyone.

I'm uninterested in why they refuse to budge. There is no good reason to support genocide that will magically placate my concerns. The history of America's support for Israel is irrelevant when it comes to doing the right thing as far as I'm concerned.

At the end of the day these people are choosing genocide over the future of the country, so I don't find arguments that I'm choosing my morals over America's future to be very convincing.

Okay first off: gently caress you. Neither party is going to address this, pretending either option will make it better for the Palestinians is a false narrative and you are just fishing at this point. And no, Third Party is not a loving option. You pretend like this is so simple and its not.

At this point I'm pulling the lever to protect my family and friends because I have zero power over the madmen that control Israel nor do I have the power to change how US-Israel relations have worked for the past 30+ years, but on the other hand I can try to avoid the orange rear end in a top hat who wants to bring that sort of poo poo here to domestic issues AND give Bibi a free pass to continue whatever at an even faster rate.

Its infuriating you keep coming back asking the same 'What if/Just Asking Loaded Questions' when you know that none of this is going to change anything in regards to Palestine.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I mean given that a Republican controlled government would fluff Netanyahu even harder I'm still voting for Biden.

Given that it IS a republican controlled Legislative Branch for the most party, free preview!

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Jun 10, 2024

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Fetterman doubling down on being dumb:

Caveat: Its a Right Wing publication but he really did say this.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jun 10, 2024

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Crab Dad posted:

loving A what a disappointment. His wife left him too eh?

I don't think that's for certain, all I know is she took a break from social media.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

facialimpediment posted:

It's about Gaza.

Unfortunate link (because lol it was a Bill Maher interview) https://www.foxnews.com/media/fetterman-tells-bill-maher-progressivism-left-me-warns-israel-hamas-war-dividing-dem-party?intcmp=tw_fnc

Fetterman is pissing off progressives over Gaza... and nothing else to the best of my knowledge. It's just Gaza. Single-issue brain-breaking.

Oh that's not too surprising given he was pretty clear about his terrible stance on Gaza from the beginning.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Spoggerific posted:

I doubt we'll ever know, but I'm still really curious which of the limitless safety cuts was the one that imploded the camel's back.

I'd guess the carbon fiber body. It's easily the weakest point.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

CainFortea posted:

And that guy was rich enough he could have absolutely bought actual fully automatic weapons.

But probably not pass the background check

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

That Works posted:

I have a dummy fb profile. No likes no profile info no followed anything and i just use it to browse Fb marketplace. I get suggestions for Ben Shapiro and TPUSA and some Steven Crowder poo poo. Zero liberal or left recs its either random corpo adverts or right wing stuff.

I have a real profile and constantly get suggestions for PragerU and other Right Wing poo poo and it pisses me off to no end.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Donald Sutherland has passed on

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/donald-sutherland-dead-mash-hunger-games-1236043323/

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
:stare: When I was in the ANG they told us that a DV conviction would likely be disqualifying for re-enlistment...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Steezo posted:

What, do you want to get rid of nearly 40% of the national guards nco's and officers?

Their argument is if you can't handle a weapon you cannot qual to deploy, making you useless. I don't know how many actually get kicked out because of it.