Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Well it's certainly a strange thing to read on a Saturday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Tyro posted:

I actually had to attend one of his seminars maybe 10 years ago, and it was pretty terrible. His style of speech (tone, inflection, cadence, structure of his statements) really reminded me more than anything of a minister giving a sermon. I wonder if that was conscious on his part.

Nothing conscious when living your dream. Be it cult leader or conan the barbarian

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

With enemies like these who needs friends

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Makes you wonder if something mental happens to the guards when you're trying to keep people in vs. keep those people out

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

Unfortunately, it's spreading instead of weakening:

https://twitter.com/JesseRodriguez/status/1799882569775001744

https://www.politico.eu/article/eu-european-election-results-2024-swings-right-france/

As lovely as Biden's polling has been, he's almost unique in that he / his coalition has a near-50% chance at reelection compared to European parties currently in power.

It's spreading west. We should remind the americans that Europe doesn't end at France and Germany and Amsterdam. Currently it seems the right is retreating in the north and the east. We'll have the full picture in a couple hours.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Nothing is going to accomplish what we want, what's wanted is marginally different but incompatible things. Ie as much as we can get, if not for us then for someone else, vs. going on strike against a system that can't get us enough.
Only thing left is to justify what you want to yourself and have catharsis by yelling at the others

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Legal systems are a scam, rock throwing is the non-chemical organic solution

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Crab Dad posted:

Yeah minus the kid this could be the funniest dark comedy ever made.

I'm trying to be better but I can't help thinking the same thing every time this comes up. He was a 17 year old pakistani boy, and if he wasn't the son of a billionaire, would he've ever been recognised for what he was?
It's always the littlest things that gets me thinking

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

There's too many buddy comedies. I want to see an enemy comedy, two obnoxious ceo morons fighting eachother. Fake e: And it can't just be the news, I want writers who can write comedy not farse

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Don Dongington posted:

Why is it called a "coning tower?"

(In Australian bogan vernacular, that would imply it being a place where you might go to smoke a few bongs, which would make sense at surface depth as you could just crack the top and vent the place out)

It's to reconiter your situation being on a boat that sinks and how you got here

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

A quick 6 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1UT6kHRWXc

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Yes. They absolutely do not care & will not fix anything until massive fines start being handed down, then it’s time for strategic bankruptcies.

And if you have trouble motivating your leaders, simply point out how much money the fines can make and that they will get to keep it. Then you can make more money writing history books about the 30 year wars

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Madurai posted:

Let's not confuse past Boeing with the one we've been left with after McDonnell-Douglas bought them with Boeing's own money.

This is not what created the Boeing syndrome. What happened to Boeing is the same thing that happened to Mercedes Benz - the changing of the guard in leadership in the early 90s. Aka the old generation retired and the new blood with modern economics educations took over.

That new generation? The Boomers.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

I had a couple thoughts in quick succession with the lasting one of how deeply ironic this situation is. Here I am, surprised and disgusted by pedos doing what on second thought is what all the kids are doing on the social media and the tubers and clock tocks with word filters so how can it surprise me, and where did this world come from I think while reading Something Awful and suddenly remembering the forums and the front page in 2002 and how this site exposed us all to the horrors in the long ago. And our gently caressed word filters. I should be immune to surprise.

I can't tell if it's age or covid or decades of something awful but something has given me brain damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

Yes, the elders are abusing us.