Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Nuclear Tourist posted:

"Falun Gong-affiliated MAGA outlet" was not a phrase I ever expected to see.

Yeah that's usually Moonie turf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

For a second I thought it was the Trump Georgia trial and was "wait a loving murder!?"

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Pairs up

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Wombot posted:

Brian Steel, the lawyer who was held in contempt, handled this extremely smartly. When the judge sentenced him to jail, his response was to ask to be placed with his client so that they might continue preparing for the trial.

Dude's legit, and just made a huge name for himself.

Couple of good threads on Bluesky:
Summary:
https://bsky.app/profile/kathryntewson.bsky.social/post/3kum6sbgccc2i

From the return from recess onwards:
https://bsky.app/profile/questauthority.bsky.social/post/3kumab67ppd2a

Oh and, apparently, this judge has pulled dumb poo poo in the past when he declared a mistrial so he wouldn't miss his vacation:
https://bsky.app/profile/bryanmgrantham.bsky.social/post/3kumdewdm5r23 (only visible if you're logged in)

The legal system was a mistake, time to go back to chthonic furies hounding oathbreakers as Chronus intended.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Hunter now has the opportunity to do the funniest thing possible and appeal to SCOTUS under the Bruen doctrine.

Scalia in front of two buttons labeled "gun control bad" and "Biden crime family"

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

There's too many buddy comedies. I want to see an enemy comedy, two obnoxious ceo morons fighting eachother. Fake e: And it can't just be the news, I want writers who can write comedy not farse

Isn't that most Danny McBride joints? At least Vice Principals and Gemstones.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

pmchem posted:

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if we pulled up stakes and left the entire region. We don’t need the oil and gas or anything else.

You end up with the Business Plot but probably no Smedley this time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Quackles posted:

Yeah. And I know you can't really get fixed-rate mortgages any more so more millennials are stuck with variable-rate, so there's a potential for more to lose those houses at some point.

???

I'm a millennial closing on my first house after renting for years and variable rates weren't even an option being offered by the loan vendors I was talking to. It was all 30 year fixed or VA loans for the most part.

Although the one I eventually went with was like 'look, we know you and everyone else is planning to refinance the moment rates go back down, so as long as you make the first seven monthly payments on time we'll give you a one time deal to refinance with us whenever you want in the future with all fees waived, just so you don't jump to someone else.'

This is in the DC market so maybe things are different elsewhere in the country, the housing and rental market is not quite California crazy here but close.