Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

A.o.D. posted:

The current company I work for does a wave of layoffs shortly after every round of Stock buybacks they do.

That seems like they're doing it wrong? Shouldn't you do the buybacks before the layoffs? That way your getting a cheaper purchase price for the buyback?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Doh I misread that! Sounds hosed :/

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Proud Christian Mom posted:

the center would rather hand it all back to the right rather than risk inconveniencing capital in the slightest

I dunno it seems like portions of the left aren't really all that reliable a voting block, if the picture here in the USA is anything to go by.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Mustang posted:

I don't think there's any fixing it. poo poo is just hosed and will continue to get worse, and the rich will have their idyllic enclaves while the rest of the world burns.

Well you're still alive and nothing about the future is set in stone. European Union parliamentary elections not going how you would prefer is hardly a rational basis to give up on democracy or aspirations that the future can be better. There will be hundreds or thousands of future elections and events that represent an opportunity to turn things around.

Kazinsal posted:

Thereís this weird subset of online leftists that seem to embrace the coming wave of fascism in the hopes that itíll immamentize the eschaton, with the smugness that their hands will be clean because they simply did not vote.

I would love to see it go away, because itís frankly quite depressing.

It's the loving stupidest set of morons I have seen since the idiots in 2016 claiming that voting for the lesser of two evils is still evil. I'm beginning to think that leftists do actually have brain damage, and I donate to the DSA.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
lol whatever dude just vote for Trump to own the dems or whatever. Your tortured rationale doesn't really mean anything and discussing it here isn't going to create any kind of change.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

facialimpediment posted:

Uncurrent event being recognized right now: nope. Nopenopenopenope.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/air-force-b-52-award/

What the gently caress? Shouldn't there be a bunch of redundancies to route power from one generator to another or something like that for a long range bomber?

Grip it and rip it fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jun 10, 2024

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Nick Soapdish posted:

So our justice system really is just Calvin Ball, eh?

Well this is where the state got caught with its hand in the cookie jar and should be getting dealt with appropriately

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

silvergoose posted:

Wait, now I'm confused; I thought the defense got ripped to shreds by the judge for not divulging how they found out about a meeting between the prosecution and the judge

The judge is freaking out because he got caught doing something he shouldn't have been. There is a good chance there is going to be a mistrial

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
I think thats generally due to the extremely high cost of not doing it quickly. Other funding needs will likely be harmed hy these decisions.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

bird food bathtub posted:

There's an unholy poo poo ton of external costs for us having the world's shittiest and most expensive health care but that hits poor people the hardest so gently caress them nobody cares, as a nation we're only motivated by threats to money not people.

Those additional costs make people money. The added cost of not opening the harbor doesn't really benefit anyone in the same way. I'm not trying to rationalize the cost of US healthcare but there is always going to be money for projects that facilitate commerce, at the expense of projects that don't appear to.

Of course we always make exceptions to this rule to maximize human suffering. This is America afterall.

Grip it and rip it fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jun 11, 2024

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I like the little windows in the sail I bet you can see some neat stuff. More subs should have those imo.

You can certainly see.whats going to pop inward.first when you head down to test depth after getting stuff worked on. Hard pass on the windows on a.submarine

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Naramyth posted:

Arguably having the bump stock saved lives since itís a less controllable shooting platform.

Seems like a loving stupid argument considering they were spraying into a.crowd and the number of people killed and injured

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/16/us/maryland-marijuana-pardons/index.html

Hopefully other Dem governors also follow in Biden's footsteps and start issuing mass pardons for Marijuana offenses.

This guy is only pardoning possession and paraphernalia misdemeanors, but its expected to impact over 100k people. You'd think that with a little encouragement they'd also move on to the nonviolent felonies

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

bulletsponge13 posted:

My favorite part of Qual being in the Guard was finding out how many had DV Protective Orders, and weren't allowed around guns.

"If they can't be around guns, why are they still in the military?"

I dunno. Why was my 1SG on the sex offender list and still in-and promoted! after conviction?

Do you know what kind of offense he commited? Those lists sometimes capture not-so-horrible people

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
I got lucky and took over a VA loan at a very nice rate in a decent neighborhood. Years ago when I moved to Boulder I had the idea of using my VA housing payments to buy a house, but found out that they don't include BAH payments as income. This was in 2011 where the housing market hadn't completely recovered. For some reason I just took no for an answer, rather than figuring out something with friends and family. If I would've made that purchase I'd easily be a millionaire now :(

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Kazinsal posted:

Guns icky. Mass shootings. Pay no mind to multiple C-SPAM threads getting memory holed by the admins because one of their forums superstars blindly fired a handgun into a crowd of people at a bus stop under multiple security cameras thinking he was going to be a hero for killing proud boys.

I think this kind of stuff is why people want gun control though

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Biden can pull this out as long as he's not actually a complete husk of a person. Multiple live events with him engaging with the crowd and looking significantly more virile than he did on the debate stage should be about all it takes. You get him out and about and blame his illness and the format and I would think the damage could be minimized. Who knows if he's actually capable of that at this point though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Herstory Begins Now posted:

'25 year old law clerk' has got to be up there with 'counterfeit titanium' for phrases that just fill you with confidence

Only the pastiest of freaks, who have never had a real job in their life, manage to clerk for republicans justices. They'll be deciding which regulations are reasonable and which ones aren't!