Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Bro this is bad optics. How is a cop gonna be sure he makes it home each night if he canít shoot first and ask questions later without repercussions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Is this the first big case of this nature from Covid relief funds?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Holy poo poo detoxing in prison is gonna kill him.

lol

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

CommieGIR posted:

Fetterman doubling down on being dumb:

loving A what a disappointment. His wife left him too eh?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Yeah minus the kid this could be the funniest dark comedy ever made.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

lol and I thought the pressed kitty littler spray painted black break pads for my armored truck was badÖ

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

bird food bathtub posted:

I am not a boat-ologist since I decided the oceans were the realm of Poseidon and trespassing was a bad idea so I stuck with the Army.

So with my complete lack of credentials up front, my understanding is that the entire thing sticking up is flooded as the "tube" shape of the rest of the sub down below is also part of the pressure resistance at lower depths and the thin wedge type shape of the sticky-uppy part would go splat very easily.

Joining the army didnít make you safe. The army has/had a poo poo ton of ocean going vessels manned by army with army warrant (prior navy enlisted usually ) running them.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Aww jeez Willie Mays died.

Say hay?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Real talk. I met him once while I was working at a Safeway back in 2001 and he gave me a signed baseball after our quick nice little chat.
Class act.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Itís easy to find out info on how much drake hung out with the underage girl from Stranger Things.

A lot.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Can confirm, I work for the USPS and a few months ago I had a gaggle of coworkers get busted for stealing people's checks and gift cards out of the mail that they were processing. USPIS came down on them like a ton of bricks and they're currently staring down the barrel of federal prison time.

Yet they didnít do poo poo for me back in 2016 when my computer and IPad was dropped off for delivery at a post office and in their possession it disappeared at transfer station and an empty package (cut open with a razor) of bubble wrap got delivered to me a few weeks later with a note that contents may have shifted in delivery.

I tried to collect on the insurance I pulled on it and they wouldnít pay out since I didnít have receipts for the contents.
Like seriously donít let me pay for insurance if you have unreasonable demands to pay out after the fact.

Then Navy Jag wouldnít help me because it was another government agency.

Thankfully ď5 on your sideĒ news program spoke on my behalf to the post office general where the package disappeared for a few weeks and offered me 50% of what I had insured.

gently caress the post office and their mail cops.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Tyro posted:

I'm really sorry that you had such a bad experience, that sucks. But in my experience USPIS are absolutely one of the best federal LE agencies. Maybe that's a low bar.

ďHow do we know you didnít insure a brick?Ē

You accepted my $50 for the $1k insurance and didnít ask for any proof at the time so I donít see how that was even relevant since I didnít even have a loving brick at the end of the day.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

MonkeyFit posted:

Cookout has a large selection but every one I ever went to had mediocre quality. And that's mediocre by fast food standards.

The only burger chain I was ever truly impressed with was Teddy's Bigger Burgers in Hawaii

That was an excellent burger. Went there last February and it was delicious.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Donít forget to order extra so you can have a waffle dick in the morning.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Inject some sugar and salt into them duh

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

lightpole posted:

I'm in CA in like a zone 8 so extremely mild, right by the water. I'm a little worried I won't get enough cold for the apples but three of the trees are doing really well.

My navel oranges and myer lemons did AMAZING with little care in the Bay Area. Certainly start with those.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Most of you are nerds.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Elviscat posted:

I got really lucky and did, I'm stuck in a shitbox house an hour away from work, but my coworkers are paying half-again my mortgage payment for shitbox 1 and 2 bedroom apartments so....

So I was approached about some orders but they are long term. How the gently caress is the military expecting me to sell my house to move to Hawaii for a year in this economy?
Attempting to geobachelor for them and see how bad they want a lovely sailor.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

So bribery is allowed as long as itís a gentlemanís agreement and not recorded?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

facialimpediment posted:

Pretty much. Based on the case, it has to be an after-action tip or else it violates federal law (though state/local anti-bribery laws can still apply). Here's the quick case recap as an example:

So by the supreme court's dumbass logic, that $13k obvious bribe isn't a bribe because it was given after the act was taken, with only an undocumented gentleman's agreement. It's a classic case where the supreme court, turbocharged by conservative idiocy, found a FEDERALISM! loophole that excuses corrupt officials. And thus the dissent points out the dumbass logic:

So bribes, which are up-front payments, are bad. Gratuities, which are payments after the fact, are federalism and therefore delegated to the states.

Oh so now itís up to the state to define bribery.

Now if itís done on federal business is it cool?
Say like if me, a thoughtful and honest grocer, was to tip my customer ,the Navy, after the purchase of $$$$$ of nearly spoiled food?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Fun fact: Boeing's Everett (WA) facility is so big that a lot of the people in that town don't realize that there is a Navy base there. Which houses an Aircraft Carrier. It is the largest building by volume on Earth.

Am I missing the joke here?