Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Technically, competent
Vs
Technically competent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
First thing I did when I bought my house was get 6 heritage apple trees, currants, gooseberries, and blueberries. Thinking about expanding the berries, I just wish I had room for more trees.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004

Stultus Maximus posted:

I put in black raspberries and tomatoes to start. Then they all died and I found out that my soil has verticilium wilt.

My blueberries are right next to each other in wine barrels. One of them is struggling a bit but this is the 2nd year for the other one and I'm getting a 1/2 pint a week at least off it.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004

Stultus Maximus posted:

How much do they produce? I enjoy BLTs and other summer fresh tomato foods, but the primary reason I want a significant tomato garden is to can tomatoes for use throughout the rest of the year.

What climate do you live in? They survive the winter okay?

I'm in CA in like a zone 8 so extremely mild, right by the water. I'm a little worried I won't get enough cold for the apples but three of the trees are doing really well.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004

Crab Dad posted:

My navel oranges and myer lemons did AMAZING with little care in the Bay Area. Certainly start with those.

It had lemons, meyers, and limes. I chopped down the lemon tree for the apples cause who needs two lemon trees? So many lemons and limes I have no idea what to do with.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004

Cugel the Clever posted:

I believe earlier renditions of this thread have us the wisdom that "a few" means two and "a couple" means 3+

And several.....????

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
They look old as poo poo. This is elder abuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004

Tiny Timbs posted:

Trump's crushing it in terms of not seeming like a literal walking, whispering corpse

His orange and ability to talk for 2 minutes without taking a breath are crushing Biden. I'm not actually listening to the argument. Also Biden keeps mis speaking.

Edit: I had to stop. Biden should have been holding rallys, Trump has stamina.