Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Funny how vaguely worded the citation is beyond "professionally and technically competent force".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Also funny.
https://x.com/MichaelStahlke/status/1798365883221655607

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

bird food bathtub posted:

My only takeaway is that I deeply desire every billionaire to get extremely interested in submersibles and helicopters. All of them.

Gonna make a bunch of sock puppet accounts and encourage Elon to make a Teslacopter.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

GD_American posted:

Beef hits a lot of the same notes

That show was fantastic.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I'm glad Moore is doing this and it's a solid move but the cynical part of me sees this as "MD senate is in play, need those votes to widen the gap!"

Honestly, it'd be nice if Moore continued with this kind of thing and, actually enabled worker protections for those who have medical cards like NYS and CA did. As well as telling state agencies that are non law enforcement, that it's a non issue for hiring/screening purposes.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Discussion Quorum posted:

If "doing good things and helping people so people vote for us" is cynical then I would like the Dems to become a lot more cynical, immediately.

No arguments here, I'm just annoyed it seemingly took Hogan throwing his hat into a senate race for this to happen.

Though to his credit, Moore has been a pretty solid governor since he took office. I was prepared to deal with O'Malley/Brown levels of coasting but he's done anything but.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

All this burger talk has me craving Chap's Pit Beef now.

If you're not familiar with Chap's, it's what our man WeeBey here got in exchange for confessing to a few more murders.

https://youtu.be/WRhBZFThs6I?si=yt46ZlFRi6JibtN-

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Midjack posted:

12-semester program.

:lol:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

M_Gargantua posted:

Tomatoes and lettuce are supposed to have taste. Tomatoes even have *good* taste. Iím sad that big-ag has tricked you all into thinking otherwise with their lab optimized fruit - perfect color, large size, bruise resistant, can grow in anything because they take little nutrient - yet they taste like water because wait for it, they absorb no soil nutrients!

:yeah:

I used to hate raw tomato on my burgers growing up, but now, if you get a really solid tomato on a burger? Baby, you are in flavor country.

Butter lettuce is also quite good, and I hated lettuce too until I learned that there are different kinds of lettuce and not just iceberg lettuce.

Seriously, stop using lovely iceberg lettuce and lovely tomatoes on your burgers and sandwiches. It's a revelation once you have a burger with a really solid tomato and lettuce that isn't 90% water crunch.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

My wife and I bought in 2019 with a five percent down payment, and then refinanced a year later for 2.85. We got supremely lucky.

They're also planning on building the future FBI headquarters nearby*. So if that actually comes to pass, lol, lmao.

*Currently being contested by Virginia reps and senators as well as the GOP because they demand all future Fed buildings be in Virginia. I think it'll still happen but still very :jerkbag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Cugel the Clever posted:

There was also this one spewing rocket fuel earlier this month. And another earlier in the year. They apparently don't believe in self-destruct buttons for their rockets or testing away from dense population centers. SpaceX has had some dumb missteps, but the scale of the negligence on display here is astronomical earth-shattering.
https://i.imgur.com/j51KqZw.mp4

Kevin Nealon Voice: Is that bad?