Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
StarlineX
Nov 10, 2002
hmm?
"during the early 90's. McShane's hit found new prominence in the 90's with commercials for Lysterine and in a few movies like Beverly Hills Ninja and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III."

DUDE! TMNT3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stuntcock
Oct 15, 2000

Annoyed, but NOT DEAD
5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live
No YAMS YAMS YAMS YAMS YAMS YAMS YAMS YAMS YAMS YAMS YAMS have been called yet...?

plainclothes goth
Jul 15, 2001

quote:

Jadius came out of the closet to say:
This song?

That's really sad and really neat all at the same time.

Yep, that's the one. That midi is sort of sad for some reason. I wish I could use HTML tags so I could make it the background music in this thread.

BertrandRussell
Jan 6, 2001
loving Awesome.

Frolixo
Jul 17, 2002

quote:

Sexpool came out of the closet to say:
No YAMS YAMS YAMS YAMS YAMS YAMS YAMS YAMS YAMS YAMS YAMS have been called yet...?

gently caress you dude! The guy has been through a rollercoaster ride of emotions and then finds out his father is a terrible gay pop singer from the 80's.
Have a little sympathy.

plainclothes goth
Jul 15, 2001

quote:

Frolixo came out of the closet to say:

gently caress you dude! The guy has been through a rollercoaster ride of emotions and then finds out his father is a terrible gay pop singer from the 80's.
Have a little sympathy.

If I was gonna make some poo poo like that up I would have at least made it Morrissey or that dude from Erasure or something.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

quote:

Jadius came out of the closet to say:
This song?

That's really sad and really neat all at the same time.
Hahha didn't recognize the song until I downloaded that (no time to get the mp3). DannyManic, how do you know she's not making GBS threads you? I know there'd be no point to lie to you about stupid poo poo like that if it's just a one-hit wonder and not claiming you're an illegitimate child of Geddy Lee or something, but still...

edit: gently caress, beaten. Except I'm not calling out anything, I'm just asking if there's any reason to believe she was lying. stupid thing to lie about, sure, but it IS possible.

meltor
Sep 28, 2002

The Modern Gentleman

quote:

DannyManic came out of the closet to say:

If I was gonna make some poo poo like that up I would have at least made it Morrissey or that dude from Erasure or something.

You should begin claiming you are related to John Lennon.

This makes me feel bad about all the times I called you DannyManiac and not DannyManic.

I'm glad you aren't gay though.

en
Oct 23, 2002

quote:

It seems way too weird to call him that. Dad. Baltimora. Baltimora is my dad.

Fatherhood != blasting a load into your mother. The guy who raised you, changed your diapers, gave you "the talk", worked his rear end off for many years to provide for your family - THAT guy is your REAL dad. Baltimora is a sperm donor, not your father.

You need to go home and hug your real dad.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

quote:

Sexpool came out of the closet to say:

Its loving yamsed for a reason.

I shall now DL this song and listen to it, just to get the full meaning of this bit of news. Its been forever since I broke out the TMNT III soundtrack.

Kid_a
Jul 16, 2001
If your biological father died of AIDS, do you have it [HIV]?

Kid_a fucked around with this message at 07:30 on May 5, 2003

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!
Wow. This makes me feel like maybe I should care more about finding my own father.

I'm sure in a few minutes the feeling will pass, though.

Krang
Nov 19, 2002

quote:

Kid_a came out of the closet to say:
If your biological father died of AIDS, do you have it [HIV]?

Obviously, because there's no possible way he could have gotten it after he conceived DannyManic. Your edit doesn't make the post any less moronic.

sleezesteve
Jun 15, 2002

by Ozma

quote:

She asked what I was doing with my life, if I were gay (second question she asked, I swear to God)

So are you gay?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

plainclothes goth
Jul 15, 2001

quote:

SpelledBackwards came out of the closet to say:
I'm just asking if there's any reason to believe she was lying. stupid thing to lie about, sure, but it IS possible.

Well, yeah, the only reason I believe it, aside from the fact that she didn't seem crazy at all, and she seemed very emotional about it and very sincere
is that why the gently caress would she just track down some random dude and tell him his father was Baltimora, of all people? I don't know, it seemed too weird to be made up. She had some photos of the two of them together, but they didn't mean much to me since I don't really know what he looks like. I'd only seen the video a few times long ago.

quote:

en came out of the closet to say:
You need to go home and hug your real dad.

Yeah, read my first post again. I definitely know who my real dad is. But, like it or not, I am related to Baltimora.

plainclothes goth
Jul 15, 2001

quote:

sleezesteve came out of the closet to say:
So are you gay?

Not as gay as Baltimora, that's for drat sure.

No, I'm not gay.

edit: whoops, hit quote instead of edit. Sorry.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
I bet I'll find out I have a great great great uncle that was a well known government memeber of Germany in the 1930's. My mom told me her uncle looked like he was part of the mafia but won't tell me if he actully was. :(

Drinky Crow
Jan 25, 2002
Do you have a picture so we can compare?

dorquemada
Dec 22, 2001

Goddamn Textual Tyrannosaurus

quote:

My dad was Baltimora. The guy who sang Tarzan Boy.

gently caress.
That's loving awesome.

Fire posted:

I would consider myself a neo-pagan but I take it easy and don't take it too seriously.

Fire posted:

I waited untill I moved into my own apartment before really declaring myself a neopagan and building an alter.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

drat, whatever my "met my real parents" story is it'll never be as cool as this one.

maybe I'll just make something up.

she'll probably be a cashier at the local gas n' gulp.

plainclothes goth
Jul 15, 2001

quote:

Drinky Crow came out of the closet to say:
Do you have a picture so we can compare?

She asked me if I wanted the photos and I said no. I think it hurt her feelings, but I really didn't WANT the photos. I didn't want Baltimora staring at me from inside some drawer somewhere. It's bad enough having him linger in the back of my mind now. She gave me her address and said to write if I changed my mind, but the thought of seeing the photos again honestly sort of creeps me out.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST
I was in the 5th grade when that song made the rounds. I remember half the kids in the class were humming it at one point or another and my friend Jeff really liked it.

Also, My dad is John Taylor from Duran Duran, so I know how you feel.

Well, he kinda looks like John Taylor.

Well, actually he just yelled "Turn that garbage DOWN." at my older brother who was playing his new "Seven and the Ragged Tiger" record a bit loud.

plainclothes goth
Jul 15, 2001
I just found this.

:cool::(:cool:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

buki
Apr 17, 2001

quote:

Yeah, read my first post again. I definitely know who my real dad is. But, like it or not, I am related to Baltimora.
This changes your life how exactly?

It's semi-interesting, but does it make you a different person? Or are you just freaked by the circumstances?

MonkeyHateFire
Feb 10, 2003

I like that song.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Man, there's so many unwanted babies here on SA. You guys need an adoption sub-board.

Then never tell me you love me again because I don't want your love all over my face. You sicko.

Hyzenthlay
Dec 4, 2002

I'd better get some of these Skittles before they're... JESUS CHRIST!

quote:

Through some circumstances, I guess it was lots of drugs and alcohol, he gave her a shot one night. They slept together. In the morning he was overcome with guilt and shame, and he couldn't bear to see her anymore.

Uhhhhhh.................................

Guilt and shame? Rock stars haven't felt that about nailing a groupie since the year 1836...

(Sorry.)

P = NP

plainclothes goth
Jul 15, 2001

quote:

buki came out of the closet to say:
This changes your life how exactly?

It's semi-interesting, but does it make you a different person? Or are you just freaked by the circumstances?

Man, I wish I knew how to take it. How would you feel? You probably can't imagine how you'd feel. Which is exactly how I feel.

When I slept on it the night that I found out, I sort of settled on the notion that it was kind of cool. Sure, he was just some goofy dude who wrote a sort of lovely one-hit wonder, but come on, at least that's SOMETHING. At least that's a story, you know? At least if someone asks who my biological father is, I'll have a funny story, and I won't have to say "just some guy."

But it's also pretty sad. I mean, I'll never know the guy. I don't even know if he was a happy man or a sad man. I don't know if he ever knew I existed. I don't know if he was some burnt out partier living off the high of one hit, or a well-rounded guy who died before his time. It's just weird.

MonkeyHateFire
Feb 10, 2003
I assume if he felt guilt and embarassment for his deeds, he was most likely a good person.

buki
Apr 17, 2001
So your biological dad was some gay guy who made a song.

Your actual dad did what? Raised you? Taught you right from wrong? Gave you a base in life?

Gee DannyManic, what do you think?

plainclothes goth
Jul 15, 2001

quote:

MonkeyHateFire came out of the closet to say:
I assume if he felt guilt and embarassment for his deeds, he was most likely a good person.

She certainly thought he was a good person. She was clearly still totally in love with him even though she hadn't talked to him since the early 80s. But I don't know, this was all before his one big hit. It could be he turned into some rear end in a top hat after he made it "big". But aside from going to the UK and seeing if I could find someone who knew him, I guess I'll never know. And honestly, I don't really care enough to do that. I'm his (probably unknown) bastard son, that doesn't make me his biographer.

quote:

So your biological dad was some gay guy who made a song.

Your actual dad did what? Raised you? Taught you right from wrong? Gave you a base in life?

Gee DannyManic, what do you think?

:rolleyes: I thought I'd been over this.

fucko
Sep 23, 2002
Well, if this is true you can exploit it to garner yourself Irish citizenship - and subsequent citizenship for the whole UK and whatever weird status they give you as a member of the empire in all the other afilliated countries. You just need a way to prove it.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Holy poo poo. You're officially loving... loving... I don't know what you are, but it's good!

CrazyJoker
Jan 25, 2003

Behold your bullpen's worst nightmare. Fuck this dinosaur.
It could be worse, much worse. My g/f is related to Eva Braun (not sure the actual relation but its the same last name and all). Her family changed their last name to Brown to make it more "American" during the war.

^^^Guy above asking about the British crown and all its something to do with the "Commonwealth"^^^

I'm pretty sure that you would be spit upon in Ireland if you said that country is part of Great Britain, etc. Well if you were lucky you would just be spit upon...

CrazyJoker fucked around with this message at 08:08 on May 5, 2003

buki
Apr 17, 2001

quote:

:rolleyes: I thought I'd been over this.
Sorry, must have missed it amongst the "my dad is famous" and "how can I find this famous guy" posts.

hugh manatee
Oct 6, 2002

oh gorsh
This is the coolest thing since shaved ice.

plainclothes goth
Jul 15, 2001

quote:

Sorry, must have missed it amongst the "my dad is famous" and "how can I find this famous guy" posts.

First of all, hotshot, I never bragged about having a "famous" dad. He was a rather ridiculous one hit wonder. Secondly, I never intend to find him, since he's dead, and even if he were alive I wouldn't want to. I don't know which thread you were reading but it wasn't this one.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

quote:

CrazyJoker came out of the closet to say:
It could be worse, much worse. My g/f is related to Eva Braun (not sure the actual relation but its the same last name and all). Her family changed their last name to Brown to make it more "American" during the war.

^^^Guy above asking about the British crown and all its something to do with the "Commonwealth"^^^

I'm pretty sure that you would be spit upon in Ireland if you said that country is part of Great Britain, etc. Well if you were lucky you would just be spit upon...

I think you guys are talking about the European Union but I have no idea if they recognize illegitimate offspring or not. If they do though, cool++ since it's a great line on all kinds of schooling and government work. It could be awkward on the relationship with your real family though...

Then never tell me you love me again because I don't want your love all over my face. You sicko.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenopax
Sep 27, 2002

Get pregnant using Xenopax® brand bottled semen. Trust no substitutes.
I just find the fact that your father was gay as absolutely hilarious. How many people can say "Yeah, my dad was gay. And not that bi-curious gay, like hardcore gay".

"You have to ask yourself, 'Will I lose every last bit of self-respect if I pursue a life of MMO prostitution?' If the answer is 'no,' then this game just might be for you!" -Mathlete on Entropia