Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Bitch-Monkey
Jul 14, 2001
Fun Shoe
Since noone has done Wonderboy 3 yet, I decided to give it a go.

1600x1200 Version: https://www.eclectical.net/sa/wboy3wall1600x1200.png

//edit: 1280x1024 Version: https://www.eclectical.net/sa/wboy3wall1280x1024.png

I can do other levels of this game if requested.

Bitch-Monkey fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jun 21, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
I'm going to just update this post some more if I have any more to add later...

Cheesy Adventure of Link one.

Click to get the 1600 x 1200 version.

I took a few liberties, but here's Ducktales.
Not sure why, but the only occurance of Unca' Scrooge I left in was the one where he's getting Ape-Raped...

For the record, I'm not actually under the delusion that anyone wanted this one but me.
(Hell, I don't even want it...)
Also, I'm not too proud of this one, as it only took 7 minutes total, including a bathroom break.

But anyway, here's Gyromite!

And Kirby:

Any requests?
Any SNES, NES, or Genesis game is available to try...
Though most of them may make crappy desktops, or be near impossible to capture properly...

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jun 21, 2003

Macbeth
Jan 30, 2003

quote:

Demon Lord came out of the closet to say:
And here's a little one for Simba fans:

1600x1200: http://pages.infinit.net/demonlrd/images/LionKing-Wallpaper-Large.png

OH YES DEAR loving GOD YES!!!!

Er...don't mind me. I'm not a furry.

Can you please do a level in which simba is older simba? I'm gay for older simba.

:love lk:

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

quote:

Araya came out of the closet to say:
sorry if its a bit busy, with the height of the levels and all, but I seem to remember someone wanting area 1 done anyway.. oh well, my first try.
Bionic Commando linked for 1600x1200 size.
http://www.lowta.cx/upload/b/bionic_wallpaper2.jpg

thanks for the host, lowtax.

Thanks. I was working on that but you did a better job than I did. What you might want to do though is add another block at the bottom so we can get the water in the picture above the taskbar.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

quote:

Robot Hobo came out of the closet to say:
For the record, I'm not actually under the delusion that anyone wanted this one but me.
(Hell, I don't even want it...)
Also, I'm not too proud of this one, as it only took 7 minutes total, including a bathroom break.

But anyway, here's Gyromite!

Wow, thanks. Seriously.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

llanowar
Mar 11, 2002

Linked for size but I played with these a bit thanks :)

http://www.crappyhosting.com/pro_uploads/kiros/desktop.JPG

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
http://www.wallpaperchanger.de

This is what i use. It's a great program. It automagically rescales the image to your desktop size (it will stretch if the aspect ratio is within a specified range) so you can even use the dual monitor ones on a single monitor. You can use any file formate because it reads and converts those as well. OH! and if the image has a funky aspect ratio or is just small it will somewhat intelligently pick a background color. These look good 95 percent of the time. It also has the option to be totally hidden so there's no icon in your bar, just a ctrl+alt+f5 to pop up the program, and even neater cntrl+alt+f6 to cycle to the next one. You can have it shift in any time increment you want.

It's free too. A++ reccomend A++ would change wallpaper again.

Goreld
May 8, 2002

"Identity Crisis" MurdererWild Guess Bizarro #1Bizarro"Me am first one I suspect!"
HULK SMASH!

Er, I mean, was away watching Hulk, but here's the wallpaper, better late than never (turns out I just forgot my password to my hosting account, all better now. thanks for the offer though)

1600x1200 wallpaper, png format

edit: I'll see if I can make another one, this time with alucard in the castle. Should be much easier than this one, as the 3d background was a total bitch to fix when combining images.

Also, should I add the secret area with the dropdown staircase? I didn't put it in because I felt it added too much clutter, and it's worthless at the beginning of the game anyways.

Goreld fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Jun 21, 2003

Shodanbait
Sep 23, 2000
I EAT MY OWN PUBIC HAIRS COVERED IN MY OWN FECES AND SOME SEMEN. I SHOULD GET A LIFE. MAYBE? I FUCKING SUCK.

quote:

Goreld came out of the closet to say:
HULK SMASH!

Er, I mean, was away watching Hulk, but here's the wallpaper, better late than never (turns out I just forgot my password to my hosting account, all better now. thanks for the offer though)

1600x1200 wallpaper, png format

edit: I'll see if I can make another one, this time with alucard in the castle. Should be much easier than this one, as the 3d background was a total bitch to fix when combining images.

Submit to the Castlevania Dungeon. It's a shoe-in.

Still working out how much of the first level of Contra III should be used. I was going to do the whole thing, but I don't think it'll look so hot overly compressed.

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

Edit: Aww poo poo, I should have read this thread more closely. Bionic Commando already got done. :(

Bionic Commando

Phlag fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jun 21, 2003

reethaxor
Apr 26, 2002

Where's that fucking marble?

quote:

PovRayMan came out of the closet to say:
The marble madness one is really cool, but I'm doing some manual editing to not make it like... well lemme show you what I got done so far.
You are an inspiration to us all.

I'll try to do the same for level 2, but I'm stuck on a laptop with paintshop pro for the weekend, so it'll take a while. I'm a photoshop man myself, PSP's interface is strange and frightening to me.

blueball
Sep 14, 2001

by Ozma
If I had free time I'd figure out a way to export all tiles from all levels in Super Mario World, then import them into Macromedia Fash, and make a long Fash movie of each level. I just spent 4 hours trying to get all kinds of SNES tile editing utilities to work under win2k (running in VirtualPC on my Mac no less). But no I suck.

Actually, I bet it would be possible to hack the source for zsnes or snes9x so that it would generate a Flash movie of your game (seriously, how hard would it be? turn each sprite into a symbol, and save each movement as a path...)

Oh well.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

----------------

Captain Tram
Mar 11, 2001

I LOST MY V-CARD UNDER A TREE
I just spent about 2 hours doing the first stage (not the vehicles stage, i tried that, too much going on above the screen) .. the super NES super-duper-scrolling-at-half-speed background makes it kinda hard. I originally captured up to the cave, but then i realized that i couldn't draw the top of the cave. :(:(:(

But, I made do with what i had (if you want to try your hand at the last half of that cave, you can have my pre-matched and blended PSD.) and made 2 1600x1200 backgrounds. If anyone wants I'll do a 1280x1024 one as well. The only difference in the two i made is the color of the sky:

http://www.trueforum.com/fallen/Megamanx-1600x1200.png

http://www.trueforum.com/fallen/Megamanx-1600x1200-2.png

If no one likes big thumbs, let me know i'll take em down.

TheSpear33
Feb 8, 2003
^^^^^^^Holy poo poo, those are awesome!

VoodooChile
Feb 7, 2002
This is possibly one of the coolest ideas ever. I now have a new desktop... =)

RumGunner
Feb 6, 2003
I am still not drunk.

quote:

VoodooChile came out of the closet to say:
This is possibly one of the coolest ideas ever. I now have FIVE THOUSAND new desktops... =)

Fixed.

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

its so hard to choose one to use... this thread is full of wonderful, wonderful things. This is the perfect compliment to tsdesk

edit: add another vote for kirby, if thats even possible

Aztec Galactus fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Jun 21, 2003

Dillinger
Feb 28, 2003

I KIK HEDZ. I TOLD U I WUZ HARDCORE.

quote:

Chris Knight came out of the closet to say:
I don't think there are enough KRAD gifs for these.
so:

HUGBEES!

asexual linuxmancer
Mar 1, 2003

DELLS. Young buxom wenches, ripe and prone to venery, but who have not lost their virginity, which the UPRIGHT MAN claims by virtue of his prerogative; after which they become free for any of the fraternity. Also a common strumpet. CANT.

quote:

El Jackalope came out of the closet to say:

Yes, but you must realize that the swastica is a holy symbol in Buddhist belief. You'll see them all over asia.

Not only in Asia, but in Native American mythology as well. In Jungian analysis, the swastika is an example of a mandala image which has nothing to do with Nazism or Germans. It is a symbol from our psyche which was around WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY before the Third Reich.

(Sorry, didn't mean to derail, but I love learnerizing people. :keke: )

asexual linuxmancer fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Jun 21, 2003

Rankin
May 31, 2002

I love all of you people. Chemicalis especially, SRnR now adorns this very laptop.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
This is great. I grabbed the dual monitor one along with the icons that got posted. Thanks guys!

Alan Greenspan
Jun 17, 2001

quote:

biznatchio came out of the closet to say:
Here's the whole level for SMB1 world 1-1, original NES graphics.

Feel free to crop it down to whatever size your desktop is.

Edit: fixed link
Thanks mang :cool:

This is the greatest thread ever.

<KTX> Hey, I am 14/f/Canada I know this will sound weird but have you ever seen a pic of people doing it????

reethaxor
Apr 26, 2002

Where's that fucking marble?

1600x1200

Unless 500 people really want another level, that's the only one I'm doing. That was the biggest pain in the rear end ever.

reethaxor fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jun 23, 2003

Rizzunk
Dec 9, 2000
If Toyota had a cock, you'd find it in my mouth.
RIMZ RIMZ RIMZ
River City Ransom from somewhere in the first three pages is my new desktop. God this thread is golden.

PovRayMan
Dec 25, 2002

Never get Freudian on a man holding a pickle.
Holy crapping hell. I updated my post so everyone now seeing the thread won't have to go through all the pages and crap to see the good stuff you guys pulled through on making. I hope you don't mind me directly linking, I just wanna make it easier for those viewing the thread.

Contact me on AIM if you change links or something, I don't have plat so I can't do PM's.

Chemicalis
May 28, 2001

quote:

PovRayMan came out of the closet to say:
drat you guys are doing awesome, I love the snake rattle roll perspective type 3/4 overhead, just like.... marble madness *wink wink* (that's up for anyone's grabs)

I just posted Mega Man 6 in purple goodness!

I am currently working on all the snake rattle n roll levels. From some levels you can see earlier / later ones. Going to overlap them, thismay take a day ot two.

----------------

secular darwinism
Apr 19, 2003

Is this what you want them teaching your children?
Someone needs to get all these and BT them.

There are a lot of words in this thread but I think that every one beyond what I just said is superfluous.

spoonfed_monkey
Aug 1, 2002

For the longest time I've been trying to find a wallpaper I'm really happy with. I have just found over a dozen. These are all amazing. Thank you.

And reethaxor... I don't even want to think about how ridiculously hard that was, but I just wanted to tell you that I love it.

I wanted to contribute something.
Personally, I enjoy having a wallpaper that is mostly black (or just a dark color in general), which was my inspiration to create this:

click to enlarge. 1600x1200.

spoonfed_monkey fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jun 22, 2003

Chemicalis
May 28, 2001
Super Mario World

The background scrolls at 1/2 the speed of the sprites so I ended up with a 2500 pixel bg and 5000 pixels of sprites. Using some artistic licence I doubled up the background.

Preview:

Full 5000x200ish image:
http://www.pipebomb.net/goons/june03/Chemicalis_smwhuge.png

1280x1024 background:
http://www.pipebomb.net/goons/june03/Chemicalis_smw1280.png

2560x1024 dual lcd background:
http://www.pipebomb.net/goons/june03/Chemicalis_smw2560.png

I'll take requests for other SMW levels

----------------

Joey Gladstone
May 26, 2003

Needs more Nemo.

1280x1024

PNG was too big, jpeg looks good to me.
PS: Thank you pipebomb.

Genital-Anthrax
Jun 12, 2003
Anyone have the skills to make a Choplifter or gauntlet one

Ancalagon
Aug 31, 2001
Well, it looks like I'm not the only Bionic Commando fan...

I'll ask again, can anyone turn this into wallpaper?

http://www.lowta.cx/upload/c/commando2.gif

I just realized that this is at the very end of the game, and not everyone can get a snapshot quickly. I have a NESticle save state there, though, and a full- sized .pcx snapshot, so send me an e-mail (or reply to this thread) and I'll send them to you.

I like to hold fuzzy little animals and give them huggie-wuggies.

UFF
May 1, 2001
holy poo poo little nemo

Verisan
Sep 3, 2000
Might I recommend Tourian, from Super Metroid? That would be...kickin' rad.

I'd do it myself, but I can't find a good save state.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

quote:

Ancalagon came out of the closet to say:

I just realized that this is at the very end of the game, and not everyone can get a snapshot quickly. I have a NESticle save state there, though, and a full- sized .pcx snapshot, so send me an e-mail (or reply to this thread) and I'll send them to you.
Send me the PCX, I'll see what I can make of it.
My email: robothobo@evilcult.com

Templar Knight
Jan 22, 2003

quote:

Ancalagon came out of the closet to say:

How is somebody going to make that into a wallpaper? As I remember, thats just a cutscene & it dosent scroll...

Chemicalis
May 28, 2001
Bored with SMW now:

1280x1024 version: http://www.pipebomb.net/goons/june03/Chemicalis_ghosts1280.png

----------------

Sensurround
Feb 6, 2003

hey you can edit posts in the comedy goldmine

Sensurround fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Apr 12, 2004

Psychosis
Jan 15, 2002

1600x1200 version

Fun fact: In order to get to all the necessary locations in the overworld, I had to beat the first four dungeons so I could get the raft and the ladder.

Psychosis fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jun 21, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

WAU