Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Eh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

I'm not particularly happy with how this turned out. And the weird thing is that the seams between parts that I don't like are present in the actual game.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

quote:

Morphix came out of the closet to say:
If anyone feels up to the task I'd like to put a request up for Mario Kart. But not sure how it would work as a wallpaper. If at all.

You mean just like a bird-eye view of the track? 'Cause those are easy. Which ones?

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

I ended up having to make two seperate 1600x1200 ones out of the tanks from Mario 3. I don't know whether dual monitors use two seperate wallpapers or one giant one, but if it's the latter it shouldn't be too hard to splice them back together. The thumbnail is both as a whole.

First half
Second half

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Someone mentioned Mario Kart...

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

quote:

Sam Handwich came out of the closet to say:
I request a Final Fantasy 6 Full world map (pre-floating continent).

Working on it.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

It's 5 AM and my head hurts. I'm as done with the World of Balance as I'll ever be.

http://www.crappyhosting.com/pro_uploads/Erebus/ff6wob.jpg

Resizing is a bitch with small, dotted repeating tiles.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

quote:

polygon_monkey came out of the closet to say:
I'm in the middle of making a page for this, with registration so that you can post desktops. Do people want this? Should I stop or keep going? It will have no formatting to begin with until I css it once the functionality is finished.

I'd definitely be up for this. I could keep making these things forever.

Going to work on a World of Ruin map to match the World of Balance I posted earlier.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

World of Ruin is done. Had to upload to Pipebomb's 'cause my Crappy Hosting account is getting full.

http://www.pipebomb.net/goons/june03/erebus-ff6wor.jpg

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

I just cannot manage to make a 1600x1200 PNG that isn't 700 or 800k. If I index the color I can get it down to 70 or 80k, but then the image looks horrible. So.. sorry for the jpg.

Erebus
Mega Man X2 - Intro Boss <----- 1600x1200

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Thank God for technological progress; Dex Drive saves make doing PSX games a billion times easier. I'll try to work on FF7 some tomorrow, but.. one question:

I haven't played this game in a long time, so maybe it's just my faulty memory. Was it always this pixelated?

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

quote:

Lakitu7 came out of the closet to say:
Yeah, I think so. You just don't see it on a TV. If you're emulating, find the graphic plugin options and kick things up a notch.

Actually, I was planning to specifically not do that. Trying to stay true to the original graphics and whatnot. But if the bump up from TV resolution makes things really look horrible, I might have to.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Woof.

Erebus
Final Fantasy VII - Aeris' House <----- 1600x1200

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

:(

Erebus
Final Fantasy VII - Aeris Praying <----- 1600x1200

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

quote:

LurchDawg came out of the closet to say:
unfortuneately it doesn't stretch well, but amazing work :)

I know. And I guess the only way around it is to use just areas that are very long or tall, but not both (like this, which I didn't finish because I can't think of anything else to do with it). But there aren't very many areas like that that are at all interesting in RPGs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

The rar is already out and torrented.

Erebus
Chrono Chross World Map <-------- 1600x1200