Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
loatisaf
Mar 18, 2002

Hail to the Hamster King, Baby

quote:

LurchDawg came out of the closet to say:
anyone know of a screenshot key for win32mame? Because if so Metal Slug would be :krad:

Which metal slug are you trying?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loatisaf
Mar 18, 2002

quote:

LurchDawg came out of the closet to say:

just did ms1 level 1

ended up cutting it off right before the first helicopter.

hopefully you can't tell how loving much I had to touch up... :(

I have the entire level capped so if anyone wants to get the source, let me know, I can up it.

edit: gently caress I forgot space for the task bar... if anyone needs a touchup I can reup

Good god, I can imagine how much you had to touch up, that game throws so much shiit at you it's incredible. I've considered trying metal slug X, but I don't have that much of a tolerance for pain.

loatisaf
Mar 18, 2002

Is there a neo geo emulator out there where you can actually turn off complete layers? The one I've been using (nebula) allows you to turn off layers, but the problem is that there's something in the neightborhood of 150 layers or so. Each inch (screen size) of the background is a separate layer. Not only that, but even if you happen upon the one for an enemy, then it will only work if the enemy happens to be in that specific place on the screen.

loatisaf
Mar 18, 2002

The best thing I ended up with in TIM was a thing that had about 15 rockets all along a horizontal bar with a conveyor belt underneath. I then had it light a candle, and run it along the belt to light them all in succession. If it's one thing that will make a pentium overdrive-83 chip crawl, it's that.