Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Awesome stuff, haven't changed my background in a while.

Here's my attempt at it. Click for 1600x1200.

Yes, I do suck at Photoshop. If anyone wants the original or a version with sprites (police, meteor, Picky, etc) just say so.

Lastly, I would like to nth the request for a Sonic wallpaper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

quote:

Saturn2K came out of the closet to say:
Wait, which are you going to do? The one with just Picky, the animals, and Lier X Agerate? Or, the one with the police, Pokey, and some townspeople?

Either way :krad:

There was a site that had a bunch of these for Earthbound. I will find them.

Edit: This one has a few http://ebinvasion.homestead.com/gamemaps.html (It also has the game's map for a few. eh.)

Edit: THE MOTHERLOAD (no pun intended)
http://www.angelfire.com/sd/ethbshad/map.html
Yeah, while I was making it, I remembered there was a site with maps like this. Kept going anyway.

Map with sprites here, everyone is in it except the animals. I probably should've put in the animals but I didn't want to bother with battles so I just did the trick where you leave the screen and come back.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

quote:

Saturn2K came out of the closet to say:

Meteor's screwed up.
Erm? How so?

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

It's been a while since I last checked Genesis emulators, which is the "best" one right now?

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Seiken Densetsu 3 is interesting, the screens don't match 100% but really close to it. Somebody pick one of the areas for me to try, I tried the Mana Holyland but it was way too tall.

I'd also request someone try Sonic Spinball, I just thought of it while trying some of the other Sonics and I think it just might be crazy enough to work.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

quote:

AmanDovie came out of the closet to say:
img-supermetroid

Another attempt at Super Metroid, this time going with the landing zone. Assuming I'm not too lazy I'm going to try and get to Tourian to make that.
Cool stuff. I was just about to ask what happened to the people who were working on Super Metroid.

It might not turn out so well, but anyone have a good looking city in Sim City they could try? Might be interesting.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

I present to you, Rose Town from Super Mario RPG. Click for 1024x768.

There's also a slightly different 1600x1200 version, where the 2 areas are slightly more seperated and the (photoshopped) vine is longer. There's also a huge amount of extra space, but I couldn't do much about that.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

I was working on Moleville from Super Mario RPG and was wondering if anyone had a save right before entering Moleville for the first time? That way, I could put Bowser's army in. Other than that, it's almost finished.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Super Ghouls and Ghosts - Level 3-1. Click for 1600x1200.

Might do the Haunted Graveyard or Ice Forest stage, I don't know. Still hoping for the Moleville save too.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

PovRayMan, just so you know, there's a typo or two in your second post. Lakitu7's Super Metroid wallpapers aren't linked right, I think you missed the l in the [/url].

<edit>That was fast.</edit>

Gilg fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jun 24, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

quote:

Sabacc came out of the closet to say:
So...after all of these get hosted to a "real" background designer website thingy (is that what is going on?), how will we submit new backgrounds?
I was thinking we would have a website that could have 2 wallpaper packs. One would be everything until, say, tomorrow. Then the second would have any wallpapers uploaded after tomorrow. Then a while later, a month maybe, either be consolidated into the first pack or have a new, third pack, etc.. That way, we could silently add new wallpapers, without having to bump this thread. Maybe post a new thread or bump this one when the second pack is finalized/consolidated. I'm not sure how easy that would be to code or admin, but it sounded good in my head.