Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Dillinger
Feb 28, 2003

I KIK HEDZ. I TOLD U I WUZ HARDCORE.

quote:

Chris Knight came out of the closet to say:
I don't think there are enough KRAD gifs for these.
so:

HUGBEES!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dillinger
Feb 28, 2003

quote:

impossible! came out of the closet to say:

edit: I have to find an exciting game to do tomorrow. Any requests?

Metal Slug 2 or X, I forget which.

Last level. Have the far right be the boss UFO and then whatever else you can fit going to the left in 1600x1200. This would be amazing, as it's swarmed with enemies before the boss, and at the boss, there's tanks and soldiers and a giant battle going on with the UFO, so plenty of ways to make it look :krad:

If you did this I'd love you.

I'm trying to think of some things I could try to do but mine will probably suck.

Dillinger
Feb 28, 2003

quote:

PovRayMan came out of the closet to say:
Ah, poo poo! I had to leave for a bit with my computer off. I just updated my post and I've gone over the 12,000 char limit! I had to chop out most of my message at the top and I don't have much more room to update! :(

Well drat, you guys are doing awesome at this, sorry I didn't update it sooner.

Make a new post, and put a link in the first post to the next one that includes even more wallpapers. Sure it'll be spread out but as long as you just toss the URL's in them to each update, it's all good.

Dillinger
Feb 28, 2003

quote:

MoodyAllen came out of the closet to say:

I need a pretty vertical shooter to make wallpapers out of. Any suggestions? Space Invaders may look good... Trog might rock pretty hard, too.

With MAME and some skill you can possibly make ones out of Cave shooters. They're amazingly pretty.

DoDonPachi, ESP Ra.De, Guwange, Dangun Feveron, etc.

I think I might try my hand at this tomrorow, with Shinobi III for Genesis. I have the game upstairs, I'll just hunt down a ROM and try this out. I loved that game and it's ultra pretty.

Dillinger
Feb 28, 2003

quote:

Vorxnyx came out of the closet to say:

Well, we do like it. Amazing.

Haha, who else things that the Granfaloon or Beelzebub would make great wallpapers?

Me, cause I never got to see them.

Also, how big is the taskbar in Windows 98? I gotta edit these for my use with it until I get the initiative to install XP. Some of them look like crap when the entire bottom of it is covered.

Dillinger
Feb 28, 2003

But then I never get my IM's. My speakers are broken, I only wear headphones for music and games, and I'm also oblivious and forgetful.

Dillinger
Feb 28, 2003

quote:

Static_Fiend came out of the closet to say:
Okay, I updated my Demon's Crest wallpaper, added the enemies, pillars, and the pot in, also made it more start menu friendly, anyone know what I should do about uploading another one to lowta.cx though?

Anyway, I'll get this up as soon as possible (if anyone wants to host it, or if i can get it on lowta.cx)

I eagerly await this, I currently have that one as my wallpaper.

Dillinger
Feb 28, 2003

No way dude, that Metal Slug 2 wallpaper will probably be done tomororw night and it looks to be amazing.

Dillinger
Feb 28, 2003

quote:

LurchDawg came out of the closet to say:
phew... Curse SNK for not not filling in parts of the level we'll never see.

you know the deal, preview attached:

This is the mummy level of metal slug 2. That's the boss at the top and if ou've played this level you know why he looks a little disconnected.

Absolutly amazing.

I only wish someone could do the final level of X though with all the aliens, the UFO battle, and such. I'm far too unskilled to do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dillinger
Feb 28, 2003

My advice is to watermark them all as subtly as you can, and release them on a PUBLIC WEBPAGE.

As said before, every loser and their mother will take credit for these.

You guys gotta prove somehow that it's yours.

edit: ^^^ no problem. I know it'd be hard as gently caress....I might try it out if I'm feeling adventerous.