Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
EjectButton
Jun 13, 2003

gift from heaven
my first post on sa so if something is screwed up that's the excuse I'm using

I don't think it looks that great but I wanted to do it cause someone else mentioned it, Metroid (NES) is actually really easy for this kind of thing because of how the levels are set up and displayed

you could get really crazy and show the rooms on top of rooms and to the right and left and fill an entire desktop without raising the original game resolution if you wanted, not sure how that would look but I bet it's do'able, and as a bonus your health is usually over a black background so easy to work around.

just tried the very first room, which is pretty boring but you get an idea of what stuff looks like

http://ejectbutton.com/images/sa/metroid_1135x224.png

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU