Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
What's a good FM game for someone who has never played the series before? FM16 is on quite a large sale on Steam at the moment, but the feedback is somewhat lacklustre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

JustJeff88 posted:

What's a good FM game for someone who has never played the series before? FM16 is on quite a large sale on Steam at the moment, but the feedback is somewhat lacklustre.

Just grab the latest one unless you're not sure about whether you'll like the game and buy the most recent megacheap one if there is one.

An awful lot of the lackluster feedback is from long standing series veterans who either gripe about there being too many changes or too few. You too will be one of these people in the future but only with FM 2016 instead of CM 99/00.

Btw, can you not buy Footbal Manager on Steam in Germany for some reason?

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

The Welsh dream is dead :smith:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Whew! I finally caught up to this thread. Surprised to see it still going, I saw it pop back up in my bookmarks and thought it was just after-LP activity (late comments, archiving, etc).

I even picked up FM16 in the steam sale in large part thanks to this thread. Its proving pretty amazing so far compared to Eastside Hockey Manager, which unsurprisingly, but sadly, is nowhere near as refined. Thanks to the LP I decided to throw caution and common sense to the wind and am starting a game with no reputation or coaching qualifications as a total FM beginner, should be awful fun. :v:

Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing how this saga ends.
I wish the FM series had a games thread instead of just a Ray Parlour Armchair Quarterback one

Dreamsicle posted:

The Welsh dream is dead :smith:
I saw that pairing on the TV at one of my favorite lunch spots (The owners love football) and thought "welp, :rip: Wales". Then again, I had also thought that of Iceland v England.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I saw that pairing on the TV at one of my favorite lunch spots (The owners love football) and thought "welp, :rip: Wales". Then again, I had also thought that of Iceland v England.

I despise Portugal, mostly because of that jackass Ronaldo, and they have been a mediocre team all tournament but they keep finding a way to horseshit their way forward. They didn't even win a loving game in the group stage but made it through due to this terrible new format. I was all in favour of expanding the field, but this was shite. They drew 1-1 with an Iceland team that, admittedly, surprised everyone, then they ended 0-0 versus a weak Austria and barely scraped together a draw against Hungary. They were literally the only third-place team that didn't win a single game, despite being in a weak group, and still made it through only due to the idiotic format. Then they barely beat Croatia and Poland and had a huge gift when that horrible ref in the Wales-Belgium game gave Ramsey a yellow card and he missed the semi-final.

Watching them has really hurt the Euro for me and if they beat France in the final (probably on a bad call, missed offsides or penalty kicks), it's going to really put me off world football. I enjoy Euro more than the World Cup and I was glad when they added so many spots, but watching a team like Portugal play like poo poo and get a pass because of this miserable format is nauseating.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Hmm, I thought the thread would have been locked by now. Bumping one last time in case Habeas continues or if someone wants to send this to the LParchives. It looks like Leicster is doing bad. I wonder what the thread would have done if Wrexham did the same.

Also, FM17 is coming out on November 4 if anyone is interested.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Dreamsicle posted:

Hmm, I thought the thread would have been locked by now. Bumping one last time in case Habeas continues or if someone wants to send this to the LParchives. It looks like Leicster is doing bad. I wonder what the thread would have done if Wrexham did the same.

Also, FM17 is coming out on November 4 if anyone is interested.

I really wish that he would go through the World Cup and then send this to the archives. This has been a phenomenal, gripping LP and it's a shame to see it flame out this way.

On another subject, I bought FM16 last year on Steam and I have yet to play it. :blush:

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
I'm on the penultimate part of this LP and it's been a blast.

Now that someone else bumped the thread I feel like it's an opportunity to congratulate you on an amazing LP, As a brazillian(one that doesn't follow the sport too much) I may be naturally drawn to all things soccer, but I just loved everything about it.

Wish I was here earlier to call bullshit on all these Flamengo victories in the Libertadores and the Brasileiro, though.

Halser fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Oct 7, 2016

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

I random football news. A US manager has just been appointed the manager of a Welsh side in a slump.

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

A real avatar never dies, even when it's replaced!

Munin posted:

I random football news. A US manager has just been appointed the manager of a Welsh side in a slump.

Soon he shall be known as the God-King of Wales!

....right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

KDavisJr posted:

Soon he shall be known as the God-King of Wales!

....right?

God-King of a Statistically Relevant Portion of Wales.

• Locked thread