Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
toehorse
Apr 7, 2006
I feel like I owe Haxus at least 10bux for hosting the game free for so long, but I may not keep paying that for very long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I'll :tenbux: once we get an organized thing together but

toehorse posted:

I feel like I owe Haxus at least 10bux for hosting the game free for so long, but I may not keep paying that for very long.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...
Shores of Hazeron: One Small Galaxy for the Price of 10bux a Month! (Delusional Admin)

Unless Haxus intends only to milk his few fanboys for a couple months until he hits the off switch again this might not work.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
Ya i wanted to get in on this, but poo poo ain't worth 10 bux a month.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!

toehorse posted:

Pretty much this. $10 a month seems like a lot but really, goons will only play this for a month or two until we get bored again so...

Plus it might keep out the kiddies

toehorse
Apr 7, 2006
We should start a private thread so we can figure out the details. Like we need a empire password and the person with the frogman file needs to found the empire. Should we be the GET OUT empire again? Or should we figure out a new name?

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

toehorse posted:

We should start a private thread so we can figure out the details. Like we need a empire password and the person with the frogman file needs to found the empire. Should we be the GET OUT empire again? Or should we figure out a new name?

Mention of a private thread reminded me that Bondematt asked me to put a link to Frogman in the last private thread a year ago.

toehorse
Apr 7, 2006
"I suspect SoH will be ready for players by the end of the day tomorrow."

http://hazeron.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7035&start=10#p79607

Wow this is happening a lot sooner than I thought. If anyone is available, I guess we will start building our empire tomorrow evening. Bondematt, you want to be emperor again?

I think going with a Dictatorship would be the easiest and most straightforward option, but we could do another government type. Im open to anything except the organized crime government.

Also if it matters to anyone, he is offering the first 2 weeks as a trial for 5bux and then 10 there after.

toehorse fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Feb 16, 2015

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

Sigh! Guess i'll get in on this then.

toehorse
Apr 7, 2006
Since we have only a little bit of time, I will be on CTS mumble on and off tonight if anyone wants to plan.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

toehorse posted:

"I suspect SoH will be ready for players by the end of the day tomorrow."

http://hazeron.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7035&start=10#p79607

Wow this is happening a lot sooner than I thought. If anyone is available, I guess we will start building our empire tomorrow evening. Bondematt, you want to be emperor again?

I think going with a Dictatorship would be the easiest and most straightforward option, but we could do another government type. Im open to anything except the organized crime government.

Also if it matters to anyone, he is offering the first 2 weeks as a trial for 5bux and then 10 there after.

God drat that's coming fast. Yeah I can get us set up again, It'll be Dictatorship since the others tend to be kinda poo poo.

I can't remember, did he fix Vice President? The beginning of last round it couldn't actually do anything other than change people's government positions. I'll set flag planting to world leader as default, as that seems to works best.

Edit: Does anybody have any early game ships? Something with rockets and max cargo for setting up a moonbase would be great. Hopefully old designs will still work.

Made a PGS thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3701176

Updated OP a little, let me know if there's anything I should remove/add

And I'll be on mumbler tomorrow starting around 3pm Pacific if not earlier.

Anyone got an opinion on flags? I was just gonna use this

Bondematt fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Feb 16, 2015

toehorse
Apr 7, 2006
Yes I have some rocket based ships on my laptop. I will upload them as soon as we have a ship library built. Also Flag is excellent.

When you make the frogman, make sure his flight mode is hover and not glide. Glide sucks. I think it is determined by the type of wing.

I suggest goatse for the home sector name, as it is traditional.

toehorse fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Feb 16, 2015

toehorse
Apr 7, 2006
It will probably take a day to get grav drives, and then another day for wormhole drives.

Once we begin mass producing ships FTL ships, we will need Goon captains to spread our empire through the sectors like a horrible case of space diarrhea spewing forth its virulence from a massive space goatse.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Depending on if these new ammo types work out well you could probably go with an "OMG BEES" approach to ship combat.

Why make a badass super carrier when you can have fifteen tinier ships firing crew murdering ammo at one massive ship? Bonus is, you can take their ship when you're done. :getin:

Edit: Don't forget that a few of us goons had made literal Alien style aliens during the last few runs. Between the voracious chest burster aliens and disease ammo you could literally be a plague on the universe.

Makes me wish I still had the retarded pizza monster race that'd burst out of goon's chests and eat the ships crew. That entire fiasco was nightmarishly hilarious.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Feb 16, 2015

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Archonex posted:

Depending on if these new ammo types work out well you could probably go with an "OMG BEES" approach to ship combat.

Why make a badass super carrier when you can have fifteen tinier ships firing crew murdering ammo at one massive ship? Bonus is, you can take their ship when you're done. :getin:

Edit: Don't forget that a few of us goons had made literal Alien style aliens during the last few runs. Between the voracious chest burster aliens and disease ammo you could literally be a plague on the universe.

Makes me wish I still had the retarded pizza monster race that'd burst out of goon's chests and eat the ships crew. That entire fiasco was nightmarishly hilarious.

Yeah, those plague monsters were something else. It was a bitch to get a hit on an armored enemy with one though, but it was hilarious watching them sprint to the medbay even though no one was manning it.

I'll make sure it is fly and not glide.

Downloads are up so I'll play around with the Frogman a bit. Chest bursting frogs would be neato.

Edit: Doh, looks like you can't edit DNA in primeval world

Bondematt fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Feb 16, 2015

toehorse
Apr 7, 2006
I just made two rocketships, A TL1 moonship and a TL2 Moon sensor ship. This is gonna rock!

toehorse
Apr 7, 2006

Archonex posted:

Oh yeah,

Dont forget to add the implant attack to the frogmen!

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
Accounts page just changed, can't buy time quite yet though.

Gonna be on mumble in 10-15.

Edit: Still says later today.

"This page is under construction. You cannot buy more months yet."

AKA there was probably a bunch of us hammering it :v:

Bondematt fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Feb 16, 2015

toehorse
Apr 7, 2006
I will be on mumble about 3:30pm Pacific

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
Hmm, stuck on the Paypal page. Asking me if I want to use Paypal credit and I can't hit no.

Edit: If you don't get in after paying with paypal then go through the password reset.

Bondematt fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Feb 17, 2015

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Bondematt posted:

Yeah, those plague monsters were something else. It was a bitch to get a hit on an armored enemy with one though, but it was hilarious watching them sprint to the medbay even though no one was manning it.

I'll make sure it is fly and not glide.

Downloads are up so I'll play around with the Frogman a bit. Chest bursting frogs would be neato.

Edit: Doh, looks like you can't edit DNA in primeval world

You know, i'm still pretty proud of them. The first time we tested the implant attack out one of my horrible abominations burst out of someone's chest mid-flight and started eating the crew. Best part was, it was on a co-op goon flight out in deep space. So all the goons on board were being stalked and devoured by a feral goon while everyone ran around in a panic trying to figure out how to kill it. It was something magical. :allears:

Anyways, there's some way to increasing the implant odds. I forget what I did, but it's pretty good for countering the armor issue. From what I vaguely recall, you need to amp up the odds if you want the implant attack to be successful. If you can still add an implant attack with those odds I say go for it. They're an endless source of fun.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Feb 17, 2015

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
Empire is GET OUT password in PGS thread

Rehab joined and it made him a human, so download the frog if you want that:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_ldR1B-xyu7UkFJdW4yTjluOFU/edit

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

toehorse posted:

When you make the frogman, make sure his flight mode is hover and not glide. Glide sucks. I think it is determined by the type of wing.

toehorse posted:

Oh yeah,

Dont forget to add the implant attack to the frogmen!

Frogman already hovers and he has a point in implant though I never used it much. If I remember right he shoots babbies out of his eyes. You might be able to mess around with the size of his feet to wring a couple of extra points out if you need them for more implant or something. :frogfacts:

Bryaugh
Mar 7, 2004

This game is terrible but I'm down with giving the guy 5bux for keeping it going all these years and developing it into... whatever the hell it is.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
Despite my best efforts we are a space faring race off to a good start. Ships are being made and tech being produced.

The Capitol is pretty barren at the moment, but it'll build itself shortly. Game has been lag free so far.

So for those of us playing our height-challenged frogmen, Capslock makes you stand on your tippy toes and you can walk right onto ship decks.

Result of being awesome

Bondematt fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Feb 17, 2015

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

Good times so far, it only took me like 2-3 hours to figure out how to get a new colony started. Only died a few times to water or forgeting to close my helmet.

toehorse
Apr 7, 2006
Due to an overabundance of metal and ore and a lack of money, I have ramped up metal bullion production in Goontown, and also built some more housing. We should keep an eye on it so it stabilizes. I also built some housing in Testicular Torsion. It was only at 1/3 of its total capacity, so someone should build some more mines there and build more money factories.

toehorse fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Feb 17, 2015

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!

toehorse posted:

Due to an overabundance of metal and ore and a lack of money, I have ramped up metal bullion production in Goontown, and also built some more housing. We should keep an eye on it so it stabilizes. I also built some housing in Testicular Torsion. It was only at 1/3 of its total capacity, so someone should build some more mines there and build more money factories.

I'll work on expanding it today, with more Oil Wells and mines

toehorse
Apr 7, 2006
If anyone has time, also check on the Universities to see if they are optimized. I will be on later to check it out too.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

There is some slightly bad news posted in the PGS thread.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Welp, some jerk from Per Ardua Ad Astrum took our city I was working on building in a new solar system. Looks like we have a new target.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Solvency posted:

Welp, some jerk from Per Ardua Ad Astrum took our city I was working on building in a new solar system. Looks like we have a new target.

Those butts.

They gifted the city to Haxus' Empire Imperium. Not entirely sure why, but we took it back.

Bondematt fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Feb 17, 2015

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I wish one of you guys would stream this on twitch.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

moolchaba posted:

I wish one of you guys would stream this on twitch.

Do you want to die of boredom? Cause that's how you die of boredom.

If anyone does this they'd have to get rid of their chat screen, sooo someone who knows more than me.

Haxus posted:

Agreed, I am going to limit new content for a while to tighten things up all over the place

:agreed:

We're friends with Per Ardua Ad Astrum now.

Bondematt fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Feb 18, 2015

Zudrag
Oct 7, 2009
gently caress. I guess I'll come back and remake the glory of Istanballs later tonight.

toehorse
Apr 7, 2006
If you join up and want a ship and dont see what you like on our giant ship pad, there are plenty new craft parked in orbit.

May I suggest the Dickbutt Medium Explorer?

Zudrag
Oct 7, 2009
For some reason when I try to open up something like the mission panel for the ship or some other kind of menu, it won't actually open up. Can anyone help point me in the right direction? I uninstalled my old files and everything else hazeron related just incase, but it didn't fix it.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Zudrag posted:

For some reason when I try to open up something like the mission panel for the ship or some other kind of menu, it won't actually open up. Can anyone help point me in the right direction? I uninstalled my old files and everything else hazeron related just incase, but it didn't fix it.

Go under options=>Windows and hit Reset Window Positions. If that doesn't work than you'll have to post on the bugs forums.

Zudrag
Oct 7, 2009

Bondematt posted:

Go under options=>Windows and hit Reset Window Positions. If that doesn't work than you'll have to post on the bugs forums.

:toot: It worked, thanks! I am now looking for new worlds with resources to exploit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
Just remember to flag up your cities, this time around everyone is so close together a war is inevitable sooner or later.

He says, after realizing he forgot to flag his cities last night.

• Locked thread