Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Boogaleeboo posted:

Viggo showed up in character as Aragon to pledge his service to him when he announced he was running for President.

Please tell me you know where to find that footage.

Edit: Ah wait, found it. Turns out, there's a list for Colbert's Tolkien moments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

richardfun posted:

Didn't Viggo Mortensen also give him Aragorn's sword?

Back before the Colbert Show Viggo was on the Daily Show and Jon played an audio clip of Steve reciting Aragorn's lineage all the way back to Isildur. In response Viggo gave him a chocolate version of the entire fellowship.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Dalael posted:

I wasn't aware that Colbert was such a Lord of the Ring fan. I just saw the two clips of him schooling James Franco, and it was brutal.

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure he's publicly nerded out over Tolkien stuff since his days on The Daily Show.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.
My favourite instance of Colbert geeking out over LotR is when he showed CNN on the difference between a balrog and Satan.

Still Fluxing fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Dec 31, 2014

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I am also pretty sure when he shows nerdy pictures of himself he is wearing the LOTR crown.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

Dalael posted:

I am strongly considering re-watching all Colbert report and am wondering if it would be just as good as it was the first time, even if the events he talks about are no longer current. I have missed so many episodes over the years, and I would kinda like to catch up.

I have looked online to see if it can be bought on dvd/blueray or any other medium but I have not found anything other than The best of Colbert. I would really prefer not to resort to illegal downloading or illegal streaming if it can be avoided.
The official website clips contain literally all of the show over the years. (You can trick it into thinking you are from the US pretty easily)

I watched all of them up to his Iraq trip (because that was when I started watching the show) a few years back. It's a serious time investment and the website can be problematic whenever they change anything. But yeah, still very funny.

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
So are we going to make a new thread for tonight?

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

No.1 Special posted:

So are we going to make a new thread for tonight?
Are you volunteering? Looks like this thread's OP doesn't want to do it again. I made the thread two and three years ago, but I also don't really want to.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
There's a new thread here, though it had almost no activity tonight.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Still Fluxing posted:

My favourite instance of Colbert geeking out over LotR is when he showed CNN on the difference between a balrog and Satan.

I choose to believe that Colbert was watching CNN, recognized that, and immediately knew exactly which piece of art it was from.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Man, no Colbert tonight. Its gonna be a rough transition.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Alpha3KV posted:

There's a new thread here, though it had almost no activity tonight.

Oh, huh, it's airing again. I figured it was going to start again along side The Nightly Show. Guess I'll go attempt to populate the new thread when I get around to watching.

What's filling Colbert's former slot in the meantime?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Kibayasu posted:

Oh, huh, it's airing again. I figured it was going to start again along side The Nightly Show. Guess I'll go attempt to populate the new thread when I get around to watching.

What's filling Colbert's former slot in the meantime?

@Midnight (which they sadly failed to rename @ElevenThirty)

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
...Could no-one find anyone under retirement age to Chair these committees? How the hell was John McCain the youngster in that number?

Edit: Welp, pat on the back to Utah, here's hoping others pick up the model.

Astro Nut fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jan 8, 2015

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Bahahhaha gently caress you turtle.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
These turtle jokes will never get old.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Ugh, this piece of poo poo tried to sabotage the recovery and workings of Congress, bragged about it, and America loving rewarded him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
There's a 2015 thread.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3692661

• Locked thread