Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

DrPain posted:

Well, I spoke too soon.

A Toyota store just hired me as a service writer. One of their guys left for BMW and my resume was kept on file. They called me yesterday, and I start in a week.

So stay tuned, thrill seekers! :getin:

:hellyeah:

Can't wait for more service-related antics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Is the pay better than art gallery sales? I can't imagine the stress is lower.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
I don't know man - I feel like you're too nice for a dealership position.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Holy shitballs your life never has a dull moment.

Keep truckin on you crazy fucker :glomp:

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
Better pay, better hours, more benefits.

Selling art is neat, but business isn't booming and hasn't been for a while. They gave me QuickBooks access to write up sales orders and I might have glanced at their check register, P&L, and balance sheet. I also know what the gently caress I'm looking at, unlike my coworkers.

The gallery is hemorrhaging money. They couldn't pay rent one month so they traded art to the hotel in exchange. As the newest hire, I'll be the last one with a chair when the music stops. Management is also full of ego maniacs who are higher than a giraffes rear end.

I agree that I'm a decent person, but I'm not above working at a dealership. It's where all the money is and if you're dumb enough to take your car there for service then I have no sympathy for your bill.

I'm sick of driving a lovely old truck, I'm sick of restarting my career over and over again, I'm sick of not being further along in life. I don't give a poo poo anymore. I'll be a nice person off the clock when I'm driving my supercharged 2015 Tacoma home.

DrPain fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Mar 4, 2015

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
You're a bad man. I can't wait to read the posts about it.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Post pics. And actually a dealership doesn't have to be a bad choice for service. It just more than likely is :P

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Hmm, water leaking when you have the A/C running? That's unfortunately quite serious, we'll have to tear everything apart to clean out a few sensors and do some diagnostics. This can get really costly once we have to start changing sensors. Please sign on the dotted line. It's a good thing you have a Toyota because once it's fixed it'll run forever.

Shift ends, does a rolling burnout in a 2015 Supercharged Tacoma, plate "SERVICE"

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
My buddy has a supercharged off-road 2015 and it is awesome. I can't see paying that much for one myself though...

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.

Bajaha posted:

Shift ends, does a rolling burnout in a 2015 Supercharged Tacoma, plate "SERVICE"

http://m.caranddriver.com/reviews/2015-toyota-tacoma-trd-pro-first-drive-review

I'll take one of these with the supercharger and manual, in batman black, please and thank you.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
you -need- to get that truck.

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

I知 back, and for that I am sorry

DrPain posted:

I'm sick of driving a lovely old truck, I'm sick of restarting my career over and over again, I'm sick of not being further along in life. I don't give a poo poo anymore. I'll be a nice person off the clock when I'm driving my supercharged 2015 Tacoma home.

Aw, man, but we love that truck!

Also, Toyota really could have done a better job naming than combining an acronym with an abbreviation. That makes it either "T-R-D-P-R-O" or "Turd Pro". I certainly know which I'll be calling any I see!

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
Get the Tundra with the S/C. The Tacoma is a great truck but the 6 speed isn't great and the V6 is a gas hog. If you're gonna go all out on a Toyota truck the Tundra is way more badass

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Advent Horizon posted:

Aw, man, but we love that truck!

Also, Toyota really could have done a better job naming than combining an acronym with an abbreviation. That makes it either "T-R-D-P-R-O" or "Turd Pro". I certainly know which I'll be calling any I see!

Taco Turd Pro?

That looks like a badass truck, though. I wouldn't mind having one as my next truck.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.

Maksimus54 posted:

Get the Tundra with the S/C. The Tacoma is a great truck but the 6 speed isn't great and the V6 is a gas hog. If you're gonna go all out on a Toyota truck the Tundra is way more badass

I hear you, but, the Tundra is so goddamn big though. Also, the name conjures thoughts of that one crazy Green Bay Packers fan.

This guy.

DrPain fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Mar 5, 2015

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

テ青「テ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セテ青サテ青セテ堕テ青コテ青ク,
テ堕づ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セ テ堕づ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セテ青サテ青セテ堕テ青コテ青ク
Wait I thought you needed an art degree to sell art

Edit: \/ Holy poo poo lol.

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Mar 5, 2015

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Preoptopus posted:

Wait I thought you needed an art degree to sell art.

He said sell art not work at Starbucks.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.

Preoptopus posted:

Wait I thought you needed an art degree to sell art.

Nope, just the ability to bullshit.

It's kind of funny, all through the art sales training process they kept making mention of how "this is not a car lot, don't sell art like cars" but then a paragraph later will state "these art collectors will sometimes take cues from you to build an emotional connection to the art"... Which is exactly how you sell a car. Instead of "feel that power under the hood at your command!" you say "this piece really elicits a calm, serene mood wherever it is hung." or whatever.

It doesn't matter that you're driving a 2.0 Mazda crap can or looking at some lovely over saturated landscape. People feel what you tell them to feel. Then they give you their money to feel that at home.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

テ青「テ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セテ青サテ青セテ堕テ青コテ青ク,
テ堕づ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セ テ堕づ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セテ青サテ青セテ堕テ青コテ青ク
Ha thats so amazing. When going to art school for graphic design, I met multiple people that went to (a very expensive) college for a bfa or art history major because they wanted to work in fancy galleries.
Then again I dropped out and now wrench on rusty poo poo piles under a freezing salt waterfall in a damp shop for a living.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Preoptopus posted:

Wait I thought you needed an art degree to sell art

Edit: \/ Holy poo poo lol.

Even art galleries want people with real degrees.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

DrPain posted:

I hear you, but, the Tundra is so goddamn big though. Also, the name conjures thoughts of that one crazy Green Bay Packers fan.

This guy.

Wow, that is a pretty well done costume

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

You Am I posted:

Wow, that is a pretty well done costume

It's really that cold there. Maybe the costume keeps him insulated and warm?

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

DrPain posted:

Better pay, better hours, more benefits.

Selling art is neat, but business isn't booming and hasn't been for a while. They gave me QuickBooks access to write up sales orders and I might have glanced at their check register, P&L, and balance sheet. I also know what the gently caress I'm looking at, unlike my coworkers.

The gallery is hemorrhaging money. They couldn't pay rent one month so they traded art to the hotel in exchange. As the newest hire, I'll be the last one with a chair when the music stops. Management is also full of ego maniacs who are higher than a giraffes rear end.

I agree that I'm a decent person, but I'm not above working at a dealership. It's where all the money is and if you're dumb enough to take your car there for service then I have no sympathy for your bill.

I just hope that your one of the service writers who knows to actually listen to the mechanic. And actively try to sell the work they recommend. From working at a dealership those are the two things that will make a service writer loved by all the techs. Or don't do them and have people cut your fuel lines, stab your tires or threaten to murder you in a busy showroom. Sometimes I miss working at that dealership.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

DrPain posted:

A) Glad to have you back posting
B) As someone who went from a Taco to a Tundra, holy gently caress the Tundra is a better truck. If the Tacoma got significantly better mileage, I'd be a fan. But the Tundra is a goddamn amazing machine, and I could never go back. Its huge, almost obnoxiously so, but so comfortable to drive.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Best news I've had all day. Welcome back.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Good to hear from you again DrPain!

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I got a 2015 tacoma, with the TRD package in a manual. I tried to buy in las vegas but they couldnt get me what i wanted.

next month I am sending it to Texas to have the toyota D4D diesel engine put it.

It drive very well but in heavy traffic I loving hate having a stick.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

max4me posted:

I got a 2015 tacoma, with the TRD package in a manual. I tried to buy in las vegas but they couldnt get me what i wanted.

next month I am sending it to Texas to have the toyota D4D diesel engine put it.

:psyduck: why?

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

max4me posted:

These spambots are getting weirder all the time.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Here's my buddy's 2015 Supercharged Tacoma with off-road package. He came to the desert with us this weekend and only had to take a few bypasses. Those things are loooooong compared to a short wheel base Jeep, but they do what you ask 'em to! He's been going pretty spendy on his - he got the supercharger, bumper, wheels and tires, sliders are on the way, and he just had a 2.5" lift put on with control arms and king reservoir coilovers. It's stupid because he could've got a used one for like a third of the price, but he's having fun.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.

Astonishing Wang posted:

Here's my buddy's 2015 Supercharged Tacoma with off-road package. He came to the desert with us this weekend and only had to take a few bypasses. Those things are loooooong compared to a short wheel base Jeep, but they do what you ask 'em to! He's been going pretty spendy on his - he got the supercharger, bumper, wheels and tires, sliders are on the way, and he just had a 2.5" lift put on with control arms and king reservoir coilovers. It's stupid because he could've got a used one for like a third of the price, but he's having fun.

Nice. I hope to one day be in the position where I could do something to save money, but gently caress it I want to go new because I can.

Hopefully, tomorrow marks the first day of that chapter in my life at Toyota Service. Seeing as I will no longer be working at a pretty small indie shop, I feel that my posting career is also ready for a new thread.

DrPain fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Mar 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

It's a pretty big shop, you've probably heard of it :smug:

• Locked thread