Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGSN7JVg1yQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

ChipNDip posted:

...only Red Dog is that cheap...

Wait, Red Dog is still a thing? I haven't seen it in a store for something like ten years.

Presto posted:

Got a bunch of people with terrible beverage opinions.

I will see you in hell :colbert:

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
I once went to a concert across the street from the Genesee brewery

Well that's my story, thanks for listening

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Rainier is great cheap beer if you live up in washington.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

ArbitraryC posted:

Anyone who acts like domestic light beers taste actively bad cares way too much about what people think of their beer preference. If you can drink an ipa or a ris then a pbr should pretty much taste like a soda. Sure there's nothing interesting about it but it doesn't taste bad and you're not fooling anyone by pretending to be unable to drink a budlight while you sip on your dogfishhead.

dogfishhead is for piss idiots anyway who have somehow decided that the hoppier the beer, the manlier the drinker. We can see your involuntary shudder and facial twitch when you drink it, no matter how good you say it tastes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOP5PBIghhc

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Pham Nuwen posted:

dogfishhead is for piss idiots anyway who have somehow decided that the hoppier the beer, the manlier the drinker. We can see your involuntary shudder and facial twitch when you drink it, no matter how good you say it tastes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOP5PBIghhc

I dont like bitter beer, so anyone who does must be faking it. why do so many users on here have this loving retarded opinion

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
Hoppy beers own, but I do hate breweries that pour on hops at the expense of flavor just to crank up their IBU rating.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Irradiation posted:

Hoppy beers own, but I do hate breweries that pour on hops at the expense of flavor just to crank up their IBU rating.

well the other thing is he's talking about dogfish head, a large nationally distributed brewery, like they only make one kind of beer

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Haverchuck posted:

I dont like bitter beer, so anyone who does must be faking it. why do so many users on here have this loving retarded opinion

Dogfish head 90 minute seems to dial the malt up way too much to compensate for the hops and the whole thing just collapses on itself. No experience with their 60 minute.

But in important news: I swung by the grocery store to get some Genesee beer and they had none. AND NO GENNY CREAM OH GOD WHATAMI *collapses into a wheezing ball of snot and tears* Not even so much as Genny Light. The cashier didn't know what was up and it is still listed on the store site, so I'm hoping the busy weekend just sold them out. There weren't even any 30 packs of PBR.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Butch Cassidy posted:

Dogfish head 90 minute seems to dial the malt up way too much to compensate for the hops and the whole thing just collapses on itself. No experience with their 60 minute.

But in important news: I swung by the grocery store to get some Genesee beer and they had none. AND NO GENNY CREAM OH GOD WHATAMI *collapses into a wheezing ball of snot and tears* Not even so much as Genny Light. The cashier didn't know what was up and it is still listed on the store site, so I'm hoping the busy weekend just sold them out. There weren't even any 30 packs of PBR.

So what did you get?

Coors Light?
Miller Light?
Bud Light?

I wish I could add a poll to this thread for a cheap beer vote off.

calusari
Apr 18, 2013

It's mechanical. Seems to come at regular intervals.
:420: High Life :420:

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

redshirt posted:

So what did you get?

Coors Light?
Miller Light?
Bud Light?

I wish I could add a poll to this thread for a cheap beer vote off.

A mixed pack of Baxter and two bottles of inexpensive citrusy white wine. Probably grab a sixer of PBR pints, tomorrow.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

yo cheap beer alert

busch signature golden lager is actually pretty loving decent and is 1.29 at my gas station for a 25oz can at 5.7%

I think I have a new favorite slummin' beer

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

Ruby got Railed posted:

Icehouse is exempt

oh god I used to drink so much Icehouse. I should buy some again soon. Lol that I once thought "5.5% wow this is strong beer"

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ChipNDip posted:

Hamm's is definitely the beer of champions though. $13.50 for a 30 pack, only Red Dog is that cheap. Natty Ice is a good value too if you want to pony up a few more bucks.
Tecate is cheap as poo poo too, at least in the west coast. The best part about Tecate is that it pairs well with another Tecate.

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

redshirt posted:

A worthy contender.

I'd rank the poo poo American beers as such:

1. PBR
2. Miller High Life
3. Budweiser
4. Miller Lite
5. Bud Lite
6. Coors Lite
7. Schaefer
8. Natty Lite
9. Gearys
10. Narraganset

:nattyburn:

Sierra Nevadan
Nov 1, 2010

PBR tastes like piss, but it is the best piss I prefer.

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Sierra Nevadan posted:

PBR tastes like piss, but it is the best piss I prefer.

username best beer ironicpost, qfp.

ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

How many deaths are prevented by an executive order that prevents big box stores from selling seeds, furniture, and paint?

Butch Cassidy posted:

Wait, Red Dog is still a thing? I haven't seen it in a store for something like ten years.

College, man. $13.50 for a 30 pack at Meijer, or 99 cents for 24ozer at the gas station. One the best bangs for your buck outside of half gal of Canada House or 5 O'Clock.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

ChipNDip posted:

College, man. $13.50 for a 30 pack at Meijer, or 99 cents for 24ozer at the gas station. One the best bangs for your buck outside of half gal of Canada House or 5 O'Clock.

I am really glad I am past college/early 20s poor. I can at least get Canadian Club or PBR if I am feeling like a cheap rear end.

TheHomerTax
Dec 26, 2012

That's a high quality avatar right there.
This thread has inspired me to buy a sixer of PBR tallboys. Was only :5bux:.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

TheHomerTax posted:

This thread has inspired me to buy a sixer of PBR tallboys. Was only :5bux:.

Always a good decision!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

It's been a rough month and my wife came home with a assortment case of my beloved Smuttynose and two sixers of PBR pints :swoon:

The next couple weeks will go that much more smoothly, at least.

• Locked thread