Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uzh
Sep 27, 2003
Monkey lover
Must say that getting relegated is a bit of a bummer..
Unicorn Power shall rise again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

There is nothing about this that doesn't feel awesome. First promotion we've ever earned and we did it on a perfect season. After season after season of feeling disappointed because I didn't know what the gently caress I was doing, it's gratifying to see it come together a bit.

Serious Business is gonna kick my rear end, but still!

bucketybuck
Apr 8, 2012

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

There is nothing about this that doesn't feel awesome. First promotion we've ever earned and we did it on a perfect season. After season after season of feeling disappointed because I didn't know what the gently caress I was doing, it's gratifying to see it come together a bit.

Serious Business is gonna kick my rear end, but still!

Pft, 3 goals conceded? Why not ZERO goals conceded!

ChrisXP
Nov 25, 2004

"In football, time and space are the same thing."

goatface posted:

They got the 9 goal swing they needed to knock me out of play-off for promotion.

Investigate this Mods. Some Fifa level corruption here

ChrisXP
Nov 25, 2004

"In football, time and space are the same thing."
Anyone know what determines the DV that players start the season at?
Between years they all display as 10, but when the seasons starts they are spread between 1 and 5. How is that number determined?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

ChrisXP posted:

Anyone know what determines the DV that players start the season at?
Between years they all display as 10, but when the seasons starts they are spread between 1 and 5. How is that number determined?

I think it's just random with a set average that every team gets.

e: :siren:CHANGE REPORTS ARE IN:siren:

Three double jumps. :smugdog:

VelociBacon fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Aug 10, 2014

Rapner
May 7, 2013

No double jumps for me!

Looking forward to the next one, where I'll know what I'm doing by then. (Hopefully)

Baby Cakes
Nov 3, 2005

I AM BECOME DEATH
Decent change report for me but I got skill increases in all the right places. Dumping a 24/7 defense who had his last chance to skill up. Apparently he's still worth 1.1 mil because he's quick and has good shooting power, so I guess he goes to the transfer list and then sacked if he doesn't sell.

Trimmed the fat from my team, down to a leaner form but my midfield still needs major work.

I gotta say my youth goalie was one of my best purchases. I bought him for 169k. He has hard trainer and always has 16/17 DV at the end of the season as a result. He's currently worth 4.5 mil

Baby Cakes fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Aug 10, 2014

The Sweet Hereafter
Jan 11, 2010
I landed one double jump, but also had two guys who didn't jump at all but should have. Overall, not hugely happy with the CR this time round.

Baby Cakes
Nov 3, 2005

I AM BECOME DEATH
I've never had a double jump even with the youngest of youths getting 17 DV multiple times. I posit that it is a myth.

bucketybuck
Apr 8, 2012
Pretty disappointed with my change report, we had good DV finishing the season and a 14 bar increase in the actual change, but 3 players didn't show a visible increase which I always find disappointing.

I know that rationally it doesn't make a difference, they are going to be high in their skill band and performances on the field will be just as good as if they had went up a bar, but I do like to see those visibles! Especially when deciding on who I am going to sell!

No double jumps either, and I had a lot of players on 17DV so surprised about that!

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Only +6 skill for me, my team is hitting the peak.

My new uber defender isn't retiring though, :toot:

The Sweet Hereafter
Jan 11, 2010
Round about what age do players generally hit their peaks and stop improving greatly? I figured late twenties but then this CR I had a 25 year old on 14 DV not jump, and a 32 year old on 11 DV jump. I know it's more about rounding numbers than much actual increase in his case, but the fact there was any increase at all surprised me.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Had my first double jump! Let's see how I ruin this guy.

bucketybuck
Apr 8, 2012

The Sweet Hereafter posted:

Round about what age do players generally hit their peaks and stop improving greatly? I figured late twenties but then this CR I had a 25 year old on 14 DV not jump, and a 32 year old on 11 DV jump. I know it's more about rounding numbers than much actual increase in his case, but the fact there was any increase at all surprised me.

I believe that up until age 25/26 a DV of 16 will guarantee a visible increase. After age 26 it becomes harder to get those increases.

Its all about where the player is in the skill band, the actual skill is worked out to a decimal place so a 10 skilled player is actually anywhere between 9.5 and 10.5 in skill. I don't know your players but if your 25 yr old was a 10 skill, he could actually have been 9.6 skill before the change report. 14 DV means less than 1.0 increase, so he could now be a 10.4 skill. He has increased in skill, but the displayed skill is the same for both.

Same applies to the older player. Maybe he only improved by 0.2 compared to the 0.8 for the younger player. But if his starting skill was 10.5 that extra 0.2 will now make him a 10.7. 10.7 displays as an 11 skilled player.

If you have VIP you can check all these figures out and see exactly what skill each of your players have!

The Sweet Hereafter
Jan 11, 2010
Oh really? Where's that option? I've never noticed it!

Rapner
May 7, 2013

The Sweet Hereafter posted:

Oh really? Where's that option? I've never noticed it!

Using change reports and a third party tool. I'll post it later when not on mobile.

Edit: http://xperteleven-guide.blogspot.com.au/p/change-report-skill-calculator.html

Rapner fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Aug 11, 2014

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
Assuming (hoping) I got plenty of decimal upgrades as on paper my CR was a shocker. Can't complain after winning the league but a couple of double drops for the older blokes really hurts, as does guys not skilling up with ridiculous DV/form.

Still, it has made me realise that I've probably spread myself too thin in terms of my list (22 players is far too many list cloggers), so a raft of cuts with less replacements is the go for next season. Looking forward to it.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
22 is a lot of players. I've got 16 - 18 last season, but one guy retired and another up and quit - and I still had trouble getting all my guys the DVs I wanted.

On the other hand, I got 10 'on paper' skill increases without a single bar dropped; in fact, only one guy didn't have a + next to his name in the CR - so I did better'n I thought I did, at least.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

I'm hoping to go down to 15-16 this season, running a single GK.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

22 is a lot of players. I've got 16 - 18 last season, but one guy retired and another up and quit - and I still had trouble getting all my guys the DVs I wanted.

On the other hand, I got 10 'on paper' skill increases without a single bar dropped; in fact, only one guy didn't have a + next to his name in the CR - so I did better'n I thought I did, at least.

Having a look I did get 14 'on paper' increases so I shouldn't be too upset. Avoiding the drops is probably something I just couldn't manage with the amount of players I had! I think you'd have to be happy with yours, if you do that two seasons running you'll surely reap the rewards.

Will probably cut back to the old 2-6-6-3 I tend to run. I think it was a lack of attention paid on my part that let the list grow without care being taken

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

I use 15, 1-5-6-2 plus one guy with the all-rounder attribute to sub the keeper (never needed to do that thoigh). It sucks that that guy is a forward and is a bitch to get DV, might try to get a different one this season.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I ended up with a net -1. Mainly because I don't know what I'm doing. I'll be more prepared next time.

Mind you, I just dropped 7M on a new Midfielder, and planning on spending another 7M on a Defender. At least whomever had Team Rocket before didn't spend the money, either that or I'm backed by a rich Oligarch.

Baby Cakes
Nov 3, 2005

I AM BECOME DEATH

Oodles posted:

I ended up with a net -1. Mainly because I don't know what I'm doing. I'll be more prepared next time.

Mind you, I just dropped 7M on a new Midfielder, and planning on spending another 7M on a Defender. At least whomever had Team Rocket before didn't spend the money, either that or I'm backed by a rich Oligarch.

If you took over an abandoned team this isn't surprising. Your best bet for a quick fix is to cull the dregs, buy yourself some talent, and reduce yourself to less than 16 players.

bucketybuck
Apr 8, 2012

Oodles posted:

Mind you, I just dropped 7M on a new Midfielder, and planning on spending another 7M on a Defender.

In my opinion you would be far better served spreading that money over more players, you are going to end up with 2/3 great players surrounded by dross.

Just one of those 7m players will have cost more than my entire squad did.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

What I can recommend is to read the goon guide to x11. It's the first time I'm playing this too and I think I'm doing pretty well for myself.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009

bucketybuck posted:

In my opinion you would be far better served spreading that money over more players, you are going to end up with 2/3 great players surrounded by dross.

I second this. A few 17/18 year old 4/5 skills in each key position go a long way. Your goal should be to build a solid foundation that continues getting better every year. Having a couple of superstars and a load of space fillers means the squad will never reach any sort of peak, especially if there are any injuries or suspensions.

bucketybuck
Apr 8, 2012

bucketybuck posted:

Curiosity made me go and check this.

I bought a 12 skill veteran defender at the start of last season for 2,690,000, before that my highest transfer fee was only 606,000. My entire squad including that defender has cost me 5,562,400 econ.

My team value today is 104,537,984 econ!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3657166

:ducksiren:

• Locked thread