Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Melanie is the 7th AND 8th hand because of QUANTUM PHYSICS! :science:

A group of professional writers actually sat together in a room and decided that this was acceptable.

edit: ahahahahaha OHHHH MY GOD that poor loving farmer family. Yeah, the dome is here to protect us. Except old Farmer Jim, gently caress that guy.

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Dec 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

For a second, you made me think the next season had started up or something, and I was worried that I was missing it. Then I got angry at myself for worrying about this show. This is a great show, possibly the best show.

PantsBandit posted:

"We had to drain the fuel out of the cars, but don't worry, you can take the amazing TOYOTA PRIUS. The TOYOTA PRIUS runs on clean burning energy, so it's great for the environment! Once we get out of the dome, I think I'm going to buy a TOYOTA PRIUS of my own!"

"YAY TOYOTA! YAY PRIUS!"
Now available from your local Toyota Dealer in stylish Gunmetal Gray

State of the art Anti-lock Braking system lets you drive right through plot holes without worry!

Toyota Prius: Good for the Dome, Good for the Planet!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
and with that, I have finished season 2 of Under the Dome. It was a wild ride, and there were times I thought I wouldn't see the end. But I have made it to the top of poo poo mountain.

And I legitimately can't wait for season 3. I will watch every loving episode.

I think there is one line in the final episode that really speaks to this experience. As the rain comes down, Julia (I had to look up her name just now), tries to venture a guess as to what is going on. "Maybe the dome contracting is messing with weather patterns," she guesses "or something like that." Or something like that.

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Dec 9, 2014

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

I just watched the second to last episode of season 2 last night, tonight I will finally be watching the finale. I burst out laughing so hard when Lyle stabbed Big Jim's wife from like 5 feet away, and then Big Jim just matter of factly stabbed him in the chest. Also got some good laughs out of Joe continuing to narrate what is unquestionably being shown to us for no reason.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

The finale was amazing but I still don't think I'll be tuning into next season. How it ended, it looks like next season they're going to "start over" in a new town under a dome or maybe Chester's Mill will be restored and they'll still be stuck there. We also never found out what happened to Barbie's dad or why the military stopped him from returning the egg. The one thing I thought was actually shocking was Big Jim smashing Rebecca in the head with a hammer, that was just brutal. Had to kill more than one character for the finale though I guess.

Also: (screen is shaking, there's a loud rumble and all the characters start flailing around to steady themselves) "Oh no another earthquake!"

edit: mods please change the thread title to Under the Dome: "A Giant Killer Suckhole"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scotsman
Jun 9, 2002

The Duke posted:

The finale was amazing but I still don't think I'll be tuning into next season. How it ended, it looks like next season they're going to "start over" in a new town under a dome

Holy poo poo I hope this is what happens in it. They all walk through the portal and arrive in the swing park in Zenith or something and are all excited and all go running only to smack into a new loving dome.

• Locked thread