Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RedFlag
Nov 22, 2007

I'll post some thoughts after reading the main thread. I'm not even disappointed about the lack of action 1st Company had - means we'll be more than ready for the next fight!

Although I think we could have really smashed the Germans with an extra few turns, turning the flank of the assault. Pretty sure my guys were just about fully rested and ready to do some damage.

Beautiful work, team!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Yeah, you can read the German thread as well - While maintaining forces would be nice, its not really practical, so we'll star new.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Well, that's that. 60% casualties and not even a chance to fire our weapons, but we captured the station! Nothing to do now but make my report.

STAVKA MAILROOM INWARDS PROCESSING ROOM
Received: 8th January 1946
Action: Archive, Copy forwarded to NKVD
T. Suvurov, 8-01-46

Belarus or Eastern Poland,
1st of August, 1944

Dere Comrad Stalin,
How ar you? I am well. The Wether is good. We hav just help captored the rale station. Artem, Kirill and Feodosiy the Baker are dead. The Infantry is easier, they do not get stuk on tre stump's so much, and their is no elevashin dials to go out of true.

The men like the indor wells that howses here in yrop have, they woud be very useful in the winter months. They do not understand how the shiny white metal is made or why so much water goes in and yet they hold such a smal amont in the bottom. All the same, when we get home, we will give lots of food to Ilya and he will wak to Magadan and have the artisans make one.

Plese send Leonid a new trigger gard, he lost it in the ford and it is very dangeros without one. Unfortuny unfe Sadly, I will not be able to return your hat becase of mortars at the ford. I will do deal! Wen I get hom, I will send you first ciken of the spring! Unlike Pasha, my chikins ar not duks with red carbord bits glued to heds.*

Yors Sinse faithfuly,
Probationry Leytenant (Formerly gunner serzhent) Jaguars!

*Pasha was last seen closing up for the night at Uncle Vitaly's butcher shop, 13-09-1946.

Thanks to everyone for this weird but fun experience, even my rather unorthodox company commander. I'm finished for the moment, I didn't sign up for a campaign.

Edit: Man, the German thread makes me appreciate how organised we were. The Orders banner and the Roll20 setup really helped us there.

Jaguars! fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Aug 16, 2014

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Ahahaha I'm looking at the German videos now and apparently TMM's shot against that pz4 killed a tank rider on a nearby invisible vehicle with shrapnel.

E: the riverboat ricocheted a shot off the southern Panther and killed an infantryman behind the ridge with it:allears:

Asehujiko fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Aug 16, 2014

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Asehujiko posted:

Ahahaha I'm looking at the German videos now and apparently TMM's shot against that pz4 killed a tank rider on a nearby invisible vehicle with shrapnel.

E: the riverboat ricocheted a shot off the southern Panther and killed an infantryman behind the ridge with it:allears:

Yeah, the Germans had some clusterfucks going that made ours pale in comparison. And man, some of our firing was a hell of a lot more deadly than I thought.

I'm pleased I didn't mark down too many phantom tanks, for a while there I thought there were panzers behind every tree. And when I couldn't understand german movement patterns in the south, turned out no-one else there did either.

Jaguars! fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Aug 16, 2014

Kaislioc
Feb 14, 2008

Jaguars! posted:

Yeah, the Germans had some clusterfucks going that made ours pale in comparison. And man, some of our firing was a hell of a lot more deadly than I thought.

We were described as a hugbox several times in the peanut gallery. Probably because we actually broke the hug emotes. Meanwhile as far as I can tell the Germans appeared to be a few steps away from outright mutiny. :v:

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Aaand another T-34 shoots a shell out of it's LoS and kills 10+ Germans with it.

TMM, please rename us Trickshot Company for the next battle.

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
After reading the other threads I want to thank dtkozl, Asehujiko, dublish, Jaguars! et al for keeping cool heads, providing amazing intel and allowing us to stay organized. It's such an overwhelming advantage in these sort of situations.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Grumio posted:

After reading the other threads I want to thank dtkozl, Asehujiko, dublish, Jaguars! et al for keeping cool heads, providing amazing intel and allowing us to stay organized. It's such an overwhelming advantage in these sort of situations.

I'd like to second that. You all were the reason we won, if Dublish hadn't posted the ammo counts I may have ordered a mad charge. If the German side had even one of you, we'd have had a tougher fight.

I still think the accidental navy was the best though, somehow actually being effective. I wonder what nonsense propaganda would've come out of that!

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Grumio posted:

:kimchi:

you can repay it by explaining your avatar - its been bugging me the whole time.

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est

Jaguars! posted:

:kimchi:

you can repay it by explaining your avatar - its been bugging me the whole time.

It's from an illustrated latin textbook I had years ago. Grumio is a cook for a wealthy family in Pompeii and in one chapter gets spooked by an unruly dog, Cerberus.

edit:

Grumio fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Aug 16, 2014

Kaislioc
Feb 14, 2008
"All the casualties the German artillery barrage cause is one hit on an MG guy."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL59a72Slbc&t=415s

Well poo poo I think they got me.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Gamer caused 29 enemy casualties, so I guess he was pretty useful after all! Whereas Grumio had 5, which I thought would be quite a bit higher.

And, uh, apparently it was my tank that pulled forward onto the plain, so that's two Panther kills. Asehujiko has many more infantry kills.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Turns out that shooting across the map at a bunched up company+ just milling about breeds results! Use impaired results, but results! Numbers!

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
I'd like to keep captaining a tank, if you'll have me. I know I was very cautious with movement and orders, but I know how valuable armour is, and how easy it is to overextend.

I was a little surprised what a good view the Germans had of our armour the whole time. From fairly early on they had eyes on Gamer, Duckfoot, Krym and I.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Yeah, I guess their elevation was good at seeing into the town to spot, if not much else.

You guys are welcome to drive armor, but I may not have a say, given the chaos over in the observer thread.

• Locked thread