Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Corvus corone
Oct 14, 2012
another maggot story:

a few years ago, my dog began to get so old that he was losing control of his bowels - just making GBS threads all over himself, continuously, and he had a lot of hair and it was really difficult to clean the poo poo off of him all the time. (he was medium-sized and stayed outside, btw.) i walk out one morning and find him COVERED in maggots and maggot eggs (which was a little weird, they usually only start laying eggs around wounds/poop) and hard as a rock. he must have died the night before. he was 16 years old :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
maggots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPRMN6vBnho

pr0p
Dec 8, 2011
I used to work at a place where a resident would get angry at least once a week and spike his colostomy bag, resulting in smelly marinated colostomy bag poo poo juice all over that required cleanup.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
I once pulled two bloated ticks out of my dogs head. Then sometime later I was petting her and felt a bump. Upon further inspection she had two raised lumps with holes in the middle where the ticks had been. Turns out that ticks are vectors for bot flies.
So I squeezed each one like a pimple, and when the larvae had popped out enough I pulled them out the rest of the way with tweezers.

My cat used to get into fights all the time with other cats. He ended up getting a large abscess on his back just in front of his tail. So I got a scalpel and lanced it. He jumped when I lanced it but then got all squinty eyed and relieved as I squeezed it all out. Then I took some needless syringes and flushed the wound with saline solution. We took the cat to the vet the next day and got some antibiotics. Saved us about $200 on that one.

Vet said I did a good job. I'm pretty much a veterinarian.

e.
Cat abscess

Trimmed just enough hair to get to it.

Ramsus fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Aug 1, 2014

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

had a rabbit, got another rabbit and the first one gored it. opened up a big hole in its flank which got infected.

was two weeks of squeezing massive amounts of thick toothpaste like puss out while ramming antibiotics into it

like seriously was a cup of puss out of its side every day.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Noblesse Obliged posted:

had a rabbit, got another rabbit and the first one gored it. opened up a big hole in its flank which got infected.

was two weeks of squeezing massive amounts of thick toothpaste like puss out while ramming antibiotics into it

like seriously was a cup of puss out of its side every day.

That's how the cat was, but we only had to do it once thanks to the antibiotics.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Ramsus posted:

That's how the cat was, but we only had to do it once thanks to the antibiotics.

i dont know if this was a rabbit thing but it was a puss making machine. an area the side of my palm was like loose, detached skin.

like a big puss boil on its side. i felt real bad as its nuts got ripped out of it by the other rabbit. they were both males and normally separated but Nature Found A Way

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Noblesse Obliged posted:

i dont know if this was a rabbit thing but it was a puss making machine. an area the side of my palm was like loose, detached skin.

like a big puss boil on its side. i felt real bad as its nuts got ripped out of it by the other rabbit. they were both males and normally separated but Nature Found A Way
it's "pus" if you mean what I think you mean...

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Rabbits can do some damage. I caught a wild one that was injured during logging. I still have a scar on my bicep where it had bit me.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

a hole-y ghost posted:

it's "pus" if you mean what I think you mean...

aha thats the poo poo alright. i just like the extra S to really drive it home.

pussssssssssssssssssssss

Erethizon_dorsatum
Nov 14, 2009
If I ever get a botfly mag in me I am just going to straight up kill myself

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Gentwise posted:

One time a coworker brought a leftover bucket of fried chicken to work and told us to dig in. This being before we knew of said coworker's disgusting living conditions and filthy home, we all grabbed some chicken and started to feast. I noticed about halfway through my second piece that something in the chicken was moving. Upon closer inspection it was a nice juicy writhing maggot. I threw my drummie down in revulsion as I realized it was full of the lil' wrigglers. Then I tried to puke but couldn't so I took a few shots of hot sauce in an attempt to kill them.

Hope y'all liked my maggot story!!!

I understand the disgust, but your stomach is full of hydrochloric acid so you were probably good without the hot sauce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gentwise
Sep 12, 2003
Gentwise Bankfourthe, Esquire.

Kimmalah posted:

I understand the disgust, but your stomach is full of hydrochloric acid so you were probably good without the hot sauce.

True, but "probably" wasn't good enough.

• Locked thread