Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NejD
Oct 3, 2013
I think my favorite thing is how slow they make the train go at the second gate so that shadow has enough time to defeat all the enemies because you know having the model start further back would be too hard also when the special meter powerup thing was just spinning round super fast trying to get collected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
This glitch is pretty well known so I didn't even think of recording it until now, the Sonic Box Glitch:

Bonus Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMNNcaFurr0

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dusty Desert. This level is horrible. Horrible. You should watch it even though it is long. There are glitches, there are insane puzzles that will either make you angry at me or the game. With this I am going to wrap up the LP for a month or so. I'm going to start Sonic Lost World and come back to this when I can record multiplayer with Hulkamatt in person. Thank you for watching!

Part 58 (Shadow's Very Hard Mode DLC 4/4): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2du4c5gMMyg

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

That switch puzzle was apparently designed by maniacs. Thanks for the LP.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
Well, it was simpler than it looked, but expectations were high, and who wouldn't have those expectations by this point?

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
Well you saved the best(?) for last. Wow that was atrocious.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

You've joked about getting game overs before but this was the time it became most convincingly plausible before you finally managed to get through. That was really quite the climax to go out on, bravo.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
You did good son, I'm proud of you.

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010
You were right, I felt very rewarded with that last level. Such unbelievable bullshit :allears:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

HulkaMatt, you said in video 14, "I like Omega... I mean I really like Omega. [pause] Like... he's easily my favorite character in any video game. If he was real, I'd marry him. I mean unless he isn't into commitment. But like... [MassRafTer interjects] Yeah... yeah, I'd definitely put out. Definitely."

So I think that's pretty clear.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

i have no memory of this

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

HulkaMatt posted:

i have no memory of this
You were probably in some kind of robot lust trance.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

FactsAreUseless posted:

You were probably in some kind of robot lust trance.

He's one of those robosexuals

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dr.Smasher posted:

He's one of those robosexuals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGSVYgcy24Q

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
I only watched the first episode of this LP, and I don't think I can go on. The commentary is fine, but god drat... This game...

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

zfleeman posted:

I only watched the first episode of this LP, and I don't think I can go on. The commentary is fine, but god drat... This game...

It only gets better from there.

Or "better".

You might think "Yes, I understand Sonic '06. It has no surprises for me."

But you would be wrong. Right up until the end of the Shadow DLC the game continued to reach new... "heights".

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

From GameFAQs:

"Lock-on Shot- Hold Attack button > Release
Use the left stick to lock-on to a number of surrounding enemies,
then release to attack with a Homing Laser.
(On ground or while jumping)"

I don't know "use the left stick to lock on" means, since the left stick just moves you.

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
Now I'm definitely glad I never felt the slightest bit tempted to buy the DLC while I still owned this game. That was almost mesmerising in how lovely it is.

Ramengank
Jun 11, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

From GameFAQs:

"Lock-on Shot- Hold Attack button > Release
Use the left stick to lock-on to a number of surrounding enemies,
then release to attack with a Homing Laser.
(On ground or while jumping)"

I don't know "use the left stick to lock on" means, since the left stick just moves you.

Both functions are probably mapped to the left stick at the same time, just as you'd expect from this Good Game. So you lock on to enemies by waggling Omega in their general direction. Just try not to be near a pit or something when you do this.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!

Ramengank posted:

Both functions are probably mapped to the left stick at the same time, just as you'd expect from this Good Game. So you lock on to enemies by waggling Omega in their general direction. Just try not to be near a pit or something when you do this.

You act like there aren't already dozens of games that do this which nobody complained about.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
What SEGA didn't want you to know was the fact that Vince Russo was the main designer of this game, I swaer too gawd.

So, what's next after Sonic 06? Daikatana? Because I'm sure that is surely a better game than this.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Cheez posted:

You act like there aren't already dozens of games that do this which nobody complained about.

Sonic Adventure with E-102 Gamma works like that.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Gensuki posted:

Sonic Adventure with E-102 Gamma works like that.

Only Adventure (and Adventure 2) made the amazing decision to *gasp* let the player see when they were locked on and what they were locked on to! What a gameplay innovation.

suddenly cats
Nov 16, 2006

Cats do not abide by the laws of nature, alright? You don't know shit about cats.
Eggman's and Tails's levels in Sonic Adventure 2 did, as well. Granted, they weren't the easiest thing in the world to control, but it's not as if that particular design choice is wholly responsible for Omega's lock-on in 2006 being so awful.

^^^that too, that is also a good point

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

TwoPair posted:

Only Adventure (and Adventure 2) made the amazing decision to *gasp* let the player see when they were locked on and what they were locked on to! What a gameplay innovation.

They also gave it to Sonic in the next game... So they learned how important this stuff was if nothing else?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
It's kinda funny. I remember as a kid I was disappointed that Sonic 06 wasn't on a console I owned, but I guess that turned out to be a blessing huh? :v:

Also for your trailer video, does the song have a name?

unrelated entirely what is hulkamatt mod of?

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Dec 13, 2014

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Anatharon posted:

It's kinda funny. I remember as a kid I was disappointed that Sonic 06 wasn't on a console I owned, but I guess that turned out to be a blessing huh? :v:

Also for your trailer video, does the song have a name?

It's "The Theme to They Walk" by CJM Venter the same visionary artist behind the greatest song in the Sonic 06 genre of music "A Blur of Blue Fur."

He's the mod of Wrestlehut 2000 which no longer exists. He's allowed to hang out in the fake fighting forum though.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Dec 13, 2014

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Anatharon posted:

Our hearts.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Sonic Lost World LP has begun: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3687802

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Thanks for going through everything and showing off that the glitches just don't stop. See you in the lost world!

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
I still can't believe you paid actual money for Very Hard Mode

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014
Late to the thread, but I noticed that not a single stage in Shadows VH mode had iblis monsters/graboids? Sonic Team must've done this with the sole intent of making people dislike Omega and his weak-vs-mechs uppercut.

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy
I bought this game because of this LP.

I'm still not sure if I know what I'm in for. :smith:

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Mr. Soop posted:

I bought this game because of this LP.

I'm still not sure if I know what I'm in for. :smith:

The great thing about Sonic 06 is that you will most certainly encounter glitches you've never seen before, making it an unique gameplay experience for everyone! :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

WaltherFeng posted:

The great thing about Sonic 06 is that you will most certainly encounter glitches you've never seen before, making it an unique gameplay experience for everyone! :eng101:

Sonic's story hasn't been all that glitchy for me (I didn't die up until I hit Crisis City), and I haven't done any of Shadow's. Silver's story and gameplay on the other hand... :smithicide:

I really loved losing 3 lives in a row because Blaze's entrance into her part of the Crisis City stage had her not lining up with a rail she was supposed to start off on, so she would immediately fall to her death. And Silver's Psychokinesis gameplay mechanic is just as bad as it appears in any video. You can't aim at all by yourself, and even when the loose auto-aiming mechanic does work, there's still at least a 50/50 chance you won't hit anything for reasons I cannot begin to discern or fathom.

How did you do it, MassRafTer? :staredog:

• Locked thread