Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

The director tweeted this picture of the filming of the last scene, which took place at Tetsuya Chiba's studio. That's a real nice touch!

Fukuda also commented an anecdote about the bike shop owner: Shimamoto had told Fukuda he thought up the lines for the bike owner to say, and he was really proud of it. Fukuda put his lines in the script, but at the time Shimamoto didn't know he'd be the one to say them.

Also during the scene where Honoo trashes the entire room: it seems to have been the very last scene to be filmed at Honoo's room, and it was a one-shot deal. Shimamoto and Bang Ippongi were freaking out on Twitter about it - they'd lent some of those books to be used as props, and they were seemingly being carelessly thrown around in Yagira's rampage. Fukuda later tweeted that the books used in that scene were just reproductions.

spoilered just in case :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

After finishing episode 8 I went and checked out Blazing Transfer Student and it is absolutely amazing the lengths he went through to avoid drawing a classroom or much of the school at all. I went from skimming the text to just flipping through the pages for panels with any sort of background at all.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I started watching the anime, but there was a classroom in the first ten minutes so I turned it off in disgust.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Last episode is out.

Really needs a second season. Honoo finally losing it was surprisingly moving and the real Okada as Tezuka was great.

Favorite scene where he gets consequently rejected by all the love interested just like in all those VNs or IRL. I hope it gets a 2nd season too.

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
What a loving great show. Definitely going to be waiting for this BD extras.

I'm not sure why you think there would be a second season at all.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Because the manga is still ongoing? Also there's lot of places the story could go, having a one shot story published and actually being a professional manga artist are two different things and the story of Anno's team is far from over.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Sep 30, 2014

lyricaldanichan
Jan 23, 2004

My Boredom Has Outshined The Sun
I guess Anno didn't make a cameo after all! Bummer! Okada as Tezuka was genius!

I wish that Shimamoto's manga would get released out in the west! Hopefully the interest of this series will get a publisher here to
put Aoi Honoo and Blazing Transfer Student out. He also seems like a really cool guy to hang out with too.. so much hot blood !

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Because the manga is still ongoing? Also there's lot of places the story could go, having a one shot story published and actually being a professional manga artist are two different things and the story of Anno's team is far from over.

Odd for a min I thought it was completed probably since the art style looks very retro and different from modern manga series I've read. Some of the manga-ka's other series have been scanlated which is better than nothing.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
I miss this show already
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16PAGIcIf9g

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Ahahaha this show is amazing. As a sakuga fan it's great seeing the analysis of animation so dramatized. Amazing stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Ccs posted:

Ahahaha this show is amazing. As a sakuga fan it's great seeing the analysis of animation so dramatized. Amazing stuff.
This may be relevant to your interests then :)

• Locked thread