Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

nerve posted:

idk man it's whatever the default ESPN settings are, I didn't change anything.

Next off season we are going to change the way Free Agent keepers work.

Once the leagues starts back up after the offseason and is confirmed full of active owners (July) there will be a FA draft. As of now I'm thinking about just assigning every team a number and using a RNG, but if someone has an idea that fits better with the auction ethos, I'm open to it.

Basically in the draft you can select any free agent to be added to your team, and then you can keep them for last years auction price plus $5. If they weren't drafted, you can keep them for $5. That applies to rookies too.

That's my idea at least. I'd be totally down for feedback, and open to changing anything if someone has a better idea.

I think it'd be more equitable to have the summer FA draft be inverse order of standings instead of RNG. Like if we know by the summer draft that C-Mike is going to be Seattle's RB1, and then the league winner RNGs the first pick...

Would we need to set our 2 keepers by July before the summer FA draft? Is that too soon (if so is there a workaround?) Does ESPN even allow us to have 2 drafts??

Spoeank posted:

Praying to the Seven for no stat corrections. Won by .04 :stare:

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

drat, five teams within a game of each other in the Essos division, also known as the NFC West of Game of Roto. :v:

I was seriously in 8th place two weeks ago, I don't even know anymore.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

I'm points leader but at 6-6 and need help to get into the playoffs :waycool:

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Ah, and such is fantasy. So aggravating

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

When you play the Game of Roto...

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Sataere posted:

drat, five teams within a game of each other in the Essos division, also known as the NFC West of Game of Roto. :v:

I was seriously in 8th place two weeks ago, I don't even know anymore.

It was looking more like the NFC South there for a bit.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Still points leader, still missing the playoffs.

Thanks for nothing, Bronny Football and An Unleashing of Dragons :argh:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Still points leader, still missing the playoffs.

Thanks for nothing, Bronny Football and An Unleashing of Dragons :argh:

Rhaeger fought nobly. Rhaeger fought honorably. Rhaeger fought valiantly. And Rhager died.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I like that only 4 teams make the playoffs in a 12 team league, but we can talk about moving it to 6 next season if people want.

Speaking of, grats to our four playoff teams! And I missed them for the first time :(

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
5th in two leagues including this one :negative:

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

nerve posted:

I like that only 4 teams make the playoffs in a 12 team league, but we can talk about moving it to 6 next season if people want.

Speaking of, grats to our four playoff teams! And I missed them for the first time :(

4 teams making the playoffs would be cool if there were a way to circumvent derelict teams giftwrapping free wins to the beneficiaries of lucky scheduling - 10 teams were within 2 games of making the playoffs cutoff.

Then again 4 teams means you're playing wk17 which is dumb but whatevs.

Sataere posted:

Rhaeger fought nobly. Rhaeger fought honorably. Rhaeger fought valiantly. And Rhager died.

haha you're good at this

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

4 teams making the playoffs would be cool if there were a way to circumvent derelict teams giftwrapping free wins to the beneficiaries of lucky scheduling - 10 teams were within 2 games of making the playoffs cutoff.

Then again 4 teams means you're playing wk17 which is dumb but whatevs.

I agree with this. It annoys me when I see my opponent has clearly given up.

quote:

haha you're a giant nerd

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

What the gently caress is this trade?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I'm open to hearing the thought process

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

QB2 + RB10 for
QB11 + ~RB1/2 (over the last few weeks)

I'm thinking
CJ: stud with great keeper value & I already have him handcuffed;
Cutler: inconsistent but has top-5 potential (weapons/schedule), should clean it up ROS since he's playing for his job;
Rodgers: owns but sits wk17
Morris: WSH offense is a clusterfuck and he gets vultured by Helu and Darrel Young

I don't want to put words in his mouth but We Do Not Suh might be thinking:
CJ: Does hillman take the starting job when he gets back?
Cutler: turnover machine
Rodgers: not jay cutler
Morris: dependable RB2 even if WSH is dumb and gay

I like Sataere's nerdposts but not enough to collude

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Yeah the trade looks perfectly fine to me. CJ will be a top 5 pick next season if he doesn't get injured.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I went "what the fu-oh keepers." It's fine to me.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I think it is a stronger trade for me short term and a better trade for him long term. I don't think Anderson is a lock as a great keeper, and even if he is, I have plenty of great keepers on my team already. It was close, but I'd rather ride Rodgers in the playoffs. Also, I don't think it is a lock that he sits week 17. That assumes the Lions fall apart in December. Morris has been a top ten back in the league and is pretty consistent. I'm kind of surprised people are questioning it. I think the logic is pretty self-evident.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I mean to be fair only one dude questioned it

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Yeah, I just woke up a bit cranky. If you saw lasts nights game, you understand why.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Spoeank posted:

I went "what the fu-oh keepers." It's fine to me.

Yup, I'm a dumb person. Completely forgot about the keeper aspect, so all I got when I saw the trade was sirens.

Sorry bout that, carry on~

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Watching New Orleans defensive performance yesterday, I'm thinking I should've stuck with Cutler. :v:

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
Le'Veon Bell is a goddamned motherfucking monster. :staredog: :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I was excited at the opportunity to defend my title, then noticed my opponent has Brees against the Bears next week. Congrats in advance. :v:

• Locked thread