Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Season One Thread ɤ Season Two Thread

Welcome to the third season of the Game of Roto auction league. It's a free 12 team 2 keeper league run on ESPN. Keepers are last auctions cost plus $5. Keeper selections will lock and be made public on Sunday August 31st, 8 PM eastern.

Draft is tentatively set for Wednesday September 3rd, 9:00 pm eastern.

Standard rosters, no kicker - 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 1DEF, 7 bench. With standard scoring plus .5 PPR. This season I am going to require GoT themed names. It's just too weird to see like 90% of the teams fit a theme then a couple random dudes. Also, no book spoilers. TV stuff only.

Our reigning champion is We Do Not Suh (Sataere) who beat You Know Nothing Dwayne Bowe (flax) in the finals by a two-week score of 227.7-176.5.

Hallyne's Wildfire(me) took 3rd place by beating Doug R. R. Martin(rikatix) in the consolation finals.

Teams:
1. nerve (Hallyne's Wildfire)
2. flax (You Know Nothing Dwayne Bowe)
3. Oh Snapple! (An Unleashing of Dragons)
4. Sataere (We Do Not Suh)
5. uublog (The Raineys of Castamere)
6. rikatix (Doug R.R. Martin)
7. Fight Club Sandwich (The Bear and the Peyton Fair)
8. Spoenk (House Boldin)
9. TheSean (Bronny Football)
10. It's Miller Time (House Mormont Bears)
11. NowonSA (Lannister Golden Lions)
12. rrrrrrrrrrrt (The Iron Rice)

Wait List:
1. OxySnake

nerve fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Aug 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I'll be in again (An Unleashing of Dragons)!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I was "We Do Not Suh." I'm a little tight on leagues this year, but I think I'll be back.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Too late I put your name down you have to play now. :mcnabb:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I said probably :v:

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
I'm out.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
I'm still v proud of coming up with The Raineys of Castamere midway through last season so I have to return to do it justice

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Nybble posted:

I'm out.

Aw bummer! You were the first person to join when I started the league. Hate to see you go!

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
Legit considering LeSean McCoy for $69. It's just as much because he owns as it is 69.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

So what is up with people dropping and adding players on August 11th?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Sataere posted:

So what is up with people dropping and adding players on August 11th?

That's when the league reopened

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Yeah, but why are they allowed to add players to their roster off the waiver wire? That is what I am confused about.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Those players were free agents not on the waiver wire.

Also, this is looking pretty grim as far as folks returning from last season.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

What is the difference? Were those players drafted by those teams and on those rosters when the season ended?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Sataere posted:

What is the difference? Were those players drafted by those teams and on those rosters when the season ended?

I'm confused what the issue you're having is? Can you just be clearer about it?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

It appears that someone is just grabbing a player to put on their roster with the option of potentially keeping them and circumventing the draft process. Maybe I am missing something here, but it seems like you shouldn't be able to pick up players that weren't already on your roster. If I'm being retarded, please tell me so. I just want to know why they were able to add Arian Foster and Rob Gronkowski to their rosters.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
This happens in every fantasy league I've ever been in. Those two players were dropped last season (injuries) so at the beginning of this season they were free agents. Rosters are open, which means you can drop and add players. These two (one was me, I grabbed Foster) players can be kept for their auction value from last season, plus $5 just like every other player. They were bothy taken for quite a bit in the auction so I doubt either will be kept, but it's just part of strategy.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

That's fine. I'm not really too concerned about it, since I plan on winning anyway. It seems odd, but if you guys think it's normal, I'm not worried about it.

Jul 11, 2003

by astral
Can I get in?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

5436 posted:

Can I get in?

Yeah for sure. What's your email? Can PM if you have plat.

Jul 11, 2003

by astral
PM!

Wait...is this a free league?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

5436 posted:

PM!

Wait...is this a free league?

Yes.

Jul 11, 2003

by astral

Ahh okay I'm out.

rikatix
Aug 24, 2010
Hey sorry for the late notice I want back in though! Let's get it kids!

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
The league has been reopened for over a week now, so if teams haven't been claimed they are up for grab by anyone else on the forum.

New people: if you want to join, post what team you want to take over. I must have waited too long to restart the league this season, because there are 5 teams available. Play football with us.

a nigga who smoke
Feb 26, 2007

coughin' and chokin' constantly
If y'all need a warm body for the league I'm down but I can't guarantee I'd be available for the draft due to my job (or competitive based on autodraft). I guess throw me on the alternate list and if you need someone around the beginning of the week shoot me a PM. I'll gut it out even if ESPN dials me up Martin and Foster too early as usual.

I dunno call me the 'Cleveland Bronns' or some poo poo til I'm required to have a better idea.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

nerve posted:

This happens in every fantasy league I've ever been in. Those two players were dropped last season (injuries) so at the beginning of this season they were free agents. Rosters are open, which means you can drop and add players. These two (one was me, I grabbed Foster) players can be kept for their auction value from last season, plus $5 just like every other player. They were bothy taken for quite a bit in the auction so I doubt either will be kept, but it's just part of strategy.

I've never heard of anything like this. Seems like a pretty ridiculous thing to allow. Is this an auction only league thing?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

RCarr posted:

I've never heard of anything like this. Seems like a pretty ridiculous thing to allow. Is this an auction only league thing?

This is how literally every fantasy league I've played in has worked. It's seriously weirding me out that it's new to people.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'll play. I'm trying to decide between Demaryius Targaryen or House Boldin--"Our routes are sharp."

How do we decide what team we are taking over? Random lottery? First come first serve?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Spoeank posted:

I'll play. I'm trying to decide between Demaryius Targaryen or House Boldin--"Our routes are sharp."

How do we decide what team we are taking over? Random lottery? First come first serve?

First come first serve. Click the logo in the op to see the league

Or this

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leagueoffice?leagueId=835000

nerve fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Aug 20, 2014

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
How do we look up how much a keeper would cost

e: and what about FA pickups
e2: figured it out http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/tools/draftrecap?leagueId=835000

i'm in and i'll take king in the AFC North

Fight Club Sandwich fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Aug 20, 2014

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Sounds good. Anyone that wants in needs to leave their email or pm it to me.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'll take Team Half-PPRWed... I usually play Yahoo so I'm not sure how to "take over" a team.

email is jmkrisko at gmail dot com

TheSean
Aug 6, 2004

Horvath, Janowicz, Cassady, Griffin, George...
I'd be down to take over Greyjoy Swallows if I'm reading everything correctly and that's one of the teams available.

sean.m.hurley at gmail dot com

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

I'll play or serve as first alternate.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Cool. Lannister Golden Lions, House Mormont Bears, and A Feast For Tebows are the available teams as of now.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

I'll take House Mormont Bears. New name to come.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Email?

Fight Club Sandwich and Spoenk are you getting the invite email? Accept!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

nerve posted:

Email?

Fight Club Sandwich and Spoenk are you getting the invite email? Accept!

It went into spam. I signed up.

Edit: hahaha, I didn't even notice the squad I took over has Anquan Boldin. :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I'm down for it. Put me in as the Lannister Golden Lions please. I'll just carry over with that name.

I'll be on vacation for about a week after Sept. 7, so please stick to the current draft date if at all possible, or don't push it beyond the 7th.

My email is cnkandrew at gmail.com.

Please also let me know how to handle/name keepers, and where I can find how much my team's players went for in the last draft.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Aug 23, 2014

• Locked thread